Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pessimism and Optimism 08:27 - Dec 5 with 354 viewsCornishMariner

Pessimism
The squad is bloated again. It is younger and has more flair than the Lambert one but it is unbalanced with a ridiculous amount of number 10s whilst other positions look vulnerable to the odd injury. Were some of these signings Ashton making himself look good with the fans?
There is no guarantee the next manager will be any more successful and this might be a repeat of the Keane fiasco. Ashton is very much under the spotlight here - he needs to get it right.
The fans are more divided than ever and this might make life harder for a new manager coming in. I hope we don't get another few years of comparing the new manager to McCarthy, Lambert, Burley and now Cook in a derogatory manner.
The American owners might baulk at the atmosphere when coming over (travel restrictions permitting)
Optimism
The new manager might find a system that suits players like Fraser and Piggot, players that had excellent records in this league before coming to us.
The American owners might avoid the appointment of a manager who has won promotions in the past but who has red flags (Lambert had not had much success since leaving Norwich; Cook had a habit of walking out on teams) bringing in a team that can genuinely improve players in all the ways needed to win games consistently.
Cook got a lot of hate for the way he dismantled the old squad. Whatever the rights and wrongs of this, the new manager won't have that to worry about. Hopefully they will get the backing to balance the squad as commented on above.
The new manager might be better at getting the team to defend, especially set pieces, and close down games when needed.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Pessimism and Optimism on 10:18 - Dec 5 with 257 viewsbournemouthblue

I would add a decent centre back and possibly another holding midfielder given we have quite a few luxury attacking midfielders/wingers

New managers often seem to want to bring their own goalkeeper too

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

“ Ashton is very much under the spotlight here” on 10:27 - Dec 5 with 231 viewsunstableblue

He really is

Three things we need a laser focus on as fans:

- the type of manager chosen
- the strategy the manager fits into
- what is Ashtons span of control over the footballing side of the business, in conjunction with the likes of Andy Rolls

Ashton is an egotist, he genuinely believes his own hype, I am extremely worried about where Town go next, huge huge risk, I just hope O’Leary is providing some counsel

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024