Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented... 23:42 - Dec 27 with 879 viewsdominiciawful

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented... on 09:14 - Dec 28 with 587 viewsNthQldITFC

If we think that the misinformation situation is bad now, in just a few years time (or less?) as deepfake technology becomes unspottable and also available to the ignorant or malevolent masses, and the undermining of reputable journalism continues, how the hell are we going to know anything is real? We might in a way be going back to a situation where you can only believe something if you are there to see it directly with your own eyes.

Legislation can do fk all to stop something like this, which might just seem like a little joke at the moment, but deepfake and AI are perhaps as much of a threat to human civilisation, as climate change is to the planet as a whole, and both are happening right now. As a species, we are not wise enough to control the effects of our own cleverness, and I think that while many can see this, we tend to treat it as a joke rather than face up to the implications.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented... on 11:30 - Dec 28 with 460 viewsJ2BLUE

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented... on 09:14 - Dec 28 by NthQldITFC

If we think that the misinformation situation is bad now, in just a few years time (or less?) as deepfake technology becomes unspottable and also available to the ignorant or malevolent masses, and the undermining of reputable journalism continues, how the hell are we going to know anything is real? We might in a way be going back to a situation where you can only believe something if you are there to see it directly with your own eyes.

Legislation can do fk all to stop something like this, which might just seem like a little joke at the moment, but deepfake and AI are perhaps as much of a threat to human civilisation, as climate change is to the planet as a whole, and both are happening right now. As a species, we are not wise enough to control the effects of our own cleverness, and I think that while many can see this, we tend to treat it as a joke rather than face up to the implications.

Agreed.

Deep fakes are a disaster waiting to happen.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024