Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Head v Heart over Ukraine 14:10 - Mar 7 with 512 viewsBlueNomad

Heart says "we" (the West) should intervene militarily.

Head says we should not. It is not ICBM's I worry about but I'm pretty sure Russia would use tactical nuclear weapons. They have shown in Chechnya, Syria and now Ukraine that their tactic is to level cities. Deploy them and they can do it in one go with nuclear fallout lasting years.

Head wins sadly.
Head v Heart over Ukraine on 14:16 - Mar 7 with 478 viewsChurchman

It’s America’s decision. They are the only people with any military capability. We have nothing to offer militarily apart from a nuclear deterrent. In any case, there’s no appetite to take Putin on and everyone knows it.

Perhaps offer to drop Johnson on the Kremlin is we can find a big enough parachute to hold the tonnage. That’d get him to change his mind.
Head v Heart over Ukraine on 14:25 - Mar 7 with 449 viewsBlueNomad

Head v Heart over Ukraine on 14:16 - Mar 7 by Churchman

It’s America’s decision. They are the only people with any military capability. We have nothing to offer militarily apart from a nuclear deterrent. In any case, there’s no appetite to take Putin on and everyone knows it.

Perhaps offer to drop Johnson on the Kremlin is we can find a big enough parachute to hold the tonnage. That’d get him to change his mind.

"A bag of wind" bomb!
Head v Heart over Ukraine on 14:29 - Mar 7 with 431 viewsChurchman

Head v Heart over Ukraine on 14:25 - Mar 7 by BlueNomad

"A bag of wind" bomb!

Deadly.

If there’s room on the old Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster for Patel, drop that thing too.
Head v Heart over Ukraine on 14:32 - Mar 7 with 413 viewsBlueNomad

Head v Heart over Ukraine on 14:29 - Mar 7 by Churchman

Deadly.

If there’s room on the old Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster for Patel, drop that thing too.

Dropping her on them would be unfair on the Russians
Head v Heart over Ukraine on 16:07 - Mar 7 with 330 viewsHARRY10

I think the Wests continuing supply of shoulder held missiles is having a devastating effect -- and I have no doubt Western troops are just over the border with air defence capabilities as well.

Not only is this destroying tanks and aircraft, but hitting the supply columns. Putin will continue to bomb residential, civilian areas, hoping to provoke a response that could then be put to the Russian populace as the west 'attacking' Russia.

So far, all the aggression/fighting has taken place on Ukrainian soil. Inly the Serbs, a few Russian and Farage loving Brexiteers still back him

The real problem now is how does the West allow Putin to withdraw without a loss of face. At the moment he is losing heavily, hence the switch to selective bombing. Despite his trying to control the media it is a lost cause. This is not 1940, there cannot be any news blockade, even North Korea struggles keep the lie going.

His removal will have to come from Russia itself. Perhaps not being strung up like Mussolini, shot like the Ceaucescus or hunted down like Gaddafi. It maybe he will be allowed to flee the country as with Amin, but there are very few options.

Perhaps if Trump was still President it might have been the US. A few million could buy him a 'golden visa' to the UK (how is he at tennis?). And there won't too many Ukrainians in the UK to object (cheers Patel).

I have every confidence this will end sooner rather than later. The fear is, however, how many more will die before then ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024