Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN 12:02 - Mar 18 with 2507 viewsBrads

Anyone tried this way of getting iFollow on a TV for a Saturday game and did it work?

Some other USB connecting devices apparently only work when the game isn’t live or shown in England anyway (chromecast method works for a Tues game). Presumably because iFollow can block some mirroring devices to TV, even when you can get it on phone/tablet at the same time using a VPN.

How else do people do it without a laptop/internet browser/VPN on the smart TV itself please?
iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 12:04 - Mar 18 with 2482 viewsjayessess

mine won't screen mirror with the VPN on. I've taken to using HDMI cable, much more reliable IME.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 12:05]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN (n/t) on 12:22 - Mar 18 with 2435 viewsBrads

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 12:04 - Mar 18 by jayessess

mine won't screen mirror with the VPN on. I've taken to using HDMI cable, much more reliable IME.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 12:05]

HDMI via laptop? Only got a work laptop and it’ll be blocked on there so might have to get one if there aren’t any easier options.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 12:23]
iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 12:27 - Mar 18 with 2413 viewsIllinoisblue

Laptop via HDMI. Always have issues with sound when trying to connect phone to TV

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 12:29 - Mar 18 with 2407 viewsTheMoralMajority

A couple of potential issues with this (theoretically, not tested in any way).

If the Chromecast takes a direct feed from iFollow (don't know if it does or not), then it is going to fall outside of the VPN (assuming you just have the VPN on the laptop, and not network wide). In this instance, the Chromecast will fail to stream as the requesting IP address will be from you home connection and not the VPN and will thus be blocked.

If the Chromecast is just mirroring the Stream from your laptop screen, then you may still have issues depending on how your home network is set up. If you have all traffic from your laptop going through the VPN then your laptop will not even see the Chromecast as technically your laptop will be on a different network. If your VPN is only active for external connections, but uses your local adapter for your local network then you *should* be able to screencast.

I may be well off on all this, but in theory that should be how it is. TBH, as earlier poster said, easiest way would be to connect a device running the VPN straight to your TV.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 12:30]

...but do signatures really work?

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 12:34 - Mar 18 with 2379 viewsRozz

I have never managed to cast it from my phone to the telly. As others have said, HDMI via laptop for me.
iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN (n/t) on 13:04 - Mar 18 with 2279 viewsjayessess

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN (n/t) on 12:22 - Mar 18 by Brads

HDMI via laptop? Only got a work laptop and it’ll be blocked on there so might have to get one if there aren’t any easier options.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 12:23]

Yeah, I think you can also buy cables that do the same for your mobile phone

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN (n/t) on 13:06 - Mar 18 with 2275 viewsDinDjarin

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN (n/t) on 13:04 - Mar 18 by jayessess

You can get hdmi adapters for phones yes
iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN (n/t) on 13:13 - Mar 18 with 2263 viewsBrads

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN (n/t) on 13:04 - Mar 18 by jayessess

Yeah you can get a cable to connect from phone but the one I know of only worked for match replays and not live…could only get the sound during live games…but you could get live video on phone/tablet or later on the TV…so iFollow must be able to block the devices during the match window.

Sounds like it can’t be done without buying a laptop unless you have a browser/VPN on the TV itself.

Cheers for all the comments.
Login to get fewer ads

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 13:13 - Mar 18 with 2259 viewsearlsgreenblue

From a slightly different angle, I turn off my vpn as I’m not in the UK, now, I’ve tried all methods, I find it best to use my smart tv’s browser & sign in to ifollow, having cleared all previous caches etc, it is never guaranteed to connect 1st time, it is never exactly the same process, I get the black screen & “play” symbol appear, this is where pure luck kicks in, occasionally it go straight off, sometimes it’s 1/2 an hour of flecking about, in & out & refreshing pages, reloading……….I’ve tried, ipad through apple dongle, hdmi in, ipad to Apple TV box, ipad to tv Over WiFi.
It just has so much anti - stream / anti VPN embedded in the stream, I’m sure that’s why it such a problem, it shouldn’t be for me as overseas subscribers have access, but it is!
Perseverance is keyword, keep trying.
iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 13:20 - Mar 18 with 2233 viewsBrads

iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 13:13 - Mar 18 by earlsgreenblue

From a slightly different angle, I turn off my vpn as I’m not in the UK, now, I’ve tried all methods, I find it best to use my smart tv’s browser & sign in to ifollow, having cleared all previous caches etc, it is never guaranteed to connect 1st time, it is never exactly the same process, I get the black screen & “play” symbol appear, this is where pure luck kicks in, occasionally it go straight off, sometimes it’s 1/2 an hour of flecking about, in & out & refreshing pages, reloading……….I’ve tried, ipad through apple dongle, hdmi in, ipad to Apple TV box, ipad to tv Over WiFi.
It just has so much anti - stream / anti VPN embedded in the stream, I’m sure that’s why it such a problem, it shouldn’t be for me as overseas subscribers have access, but it is!
Perseverance is keyword, keep trying.

Yeah I think you’re right about all the embedded stuff but it’s crazy that it works straight away on a tablet or phone, just not TV. How is watching it on a bigger screen any worse. Maybe they’re more concerned about pubs potentially showing it that way but I don’t think many
would take the risk.
iFollow on TV from mobile/tablet via Google Chromecast using VPN on 13:34 - Mar 18 with 2205 viewsBonchosBicycle

I just open iFollow in a Chrome browser tab on my laptop and cast it to a Chromecast attached to my TV. Using a Chromecast is the only wireless way I've been able to do it. Neither the TV itself nor my Roku can be cast to with iFollow. I think I actually bought the Chromecast a few years back BECAUSE it was the only way I found to be able to get iFollow on my TV without a HDMI cable. I don't think they're terribly expensive though.

The Chromecast also works from my phone.

I'm in the US so not sure if this applies in the UK, and of course I'm not having to use a VPN.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024