Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Jason more than 50 times the player Andre is? 08:34 - Mar 28 with 993 viewsFromReuserWithLove

[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:37]
So, Jason more than 50 times the player Andre is? on 08:48 - Mar 28 with 850 viewsMattinLondon

I can’t see all of the article so I can’t see that their maths but there’s no way JD was transferred for a now equivalent of £54 million.

He left in 1993 for £2 million which according to the Bank of England inflation calculator is around £4.5 million. As I say, I can’t see all of the article so they may well be right.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator
So, Jason more than 50 times the player Andre is? on 08:58 - Mar 28 with 790 viewsDanTheMan

So, Jason more than 50 times the player Andre is? on 08:48 - Mar 28 by MattinLondon

I can’t see all of the article so I can’t see that their maths but there’s no way JD was transferred for a now equivalent of £54 million.

He left in 1993 for £2 million which according to the Bank of England inflation calculator is around £4.5 million. As I say, I can’t see all of the article so they may well be right.

I can just about see a bit saying:

To paint a more accurate picture of how transfer fees have changed over time, and therefore what players such as Alan Shearer, Roy Keane, and, yes, Dozzell would cost now, The Athletic has called upon football finance expert Kieran Maguire and his colleague Jason Laws at the University of Liverpool. They have developed a calculator which adjusts for increases in football inflation, based on revenue increases over time.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:59]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So, Jason more than 50 times the player Andre is? on 09:04 - Mar 28 with 758 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So, Jason more than 50 times the player Andre is? on 08:48 - Mar 28 by MattinLondon

It’s based on football inflation rather than BoE inflation, surely?

Not saying that the sums are necessarily correct but it’s pretty obvious that inflation in football is outstripping your figures below, you only need to look at the progression of the world record fee to see that, or the normalisation of £20m+ fees that would have been groundbreaking in the early 90’s

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So, Jason more than 50 times the player Andre is? on 09:06 - Mar 28 with 747 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I suppose inflation and football inflation are different things but it’s ridiculous to compare Dozzell to
Ndombele (even indirectly) given the latter had I think been playing the Champions League and for France prior to signing for Spurs!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 9:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024