Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Root resigns as captain 10:53 - Apr 15 with 398 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who now?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Joe Root resigns as captain on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 361 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Broad short term for me.

It's too much for Stokes, never a fan of an all rounder taking it on, esp one who brings as much as Stokes does, its and added distraction.

It's a shame for Root, the only player who's game seemed to get better with the burden of captaincy.

Sadly the ECB has marginalised the longer format for too long and I think it will be a long time before we see the Test team turned around.

Option B. Beg Cookie to come back, still reckon he'd do a better job than any of our current openers

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Joe Root resigns as captain on 11:46 - Apr 15 with 351 viewsRadlett_blue

Joe Root resigns as captain on 11:33 - Apr 15 by BlueandTruesince82

Broad short term for me.

It's too much for Stokes, never a fan of an all rounder taking it on, esp one who brings as much as Stokes does, its and added distraction.

It's a shame for Root, the only player who's game seemed to get better with the burden of captaincy.

Sadly the ECB has marginalised the longer format for too long and I think it will be a long time before we see the Test team turned around.

Option B. Beg Cookie to come back, still reckon he'd do a better job than any of our current openers

If you think the captain has to be an automatic choice, the options are severely limited. Stokes obviously, but does he want the pressure & attention.
Broad is 35 & wasn't even picked for the last tour, so not a realistic option.
I would say Bairstow as a short term option, or maybe Foakes, who should be England's long term Test keeper.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024