Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over the relatively short 13 years... 12:06 - May 1 with 973 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...of holding a season ticket that is far and away the most enjoyable season so far. Thin pickings I admit but I thoroughly enjoyed watching games for the entire season win, lose or draw. Noticeable increase in young families watching too this year which has to be a good thing. Can't wait for next season so must be careful not to wish away the Summer if and when it arrives.
Oh and happy Beltane all...be sure to light and jump over a fire sometime today. Power to the People!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 12:08 - May 1 with 943 viewsbilllm

Pretty much agree,
Over the relatively short 13 years... on 12:15 - May 1 with 918 viewsGlasgowBlue

Even under Cook there were some periods in games where we were an absolute joy to watch. It just wasn't consistent enough. But since McKenna arrived, it's been the most enjoyable time to watch us for years.

And the owners/Ashton/O'Leary have done a fantastic job to reconnect with the fans.

Thoroughly looking forward to next season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 12:20 - May 1 with 900 viewsChateauWines

Totally agree. It sounds ridiculous at face value, but I look forward to Saturdays again

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 12:38 - May 1 with 852 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 12:15 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

Even under Cook there were some periods in games where we were an absolute joy to watch. It just wasn't consistent enough. But since McKenna arrived, it's been the most enjoyable time to watch us for years.

And the owners/Ashton/O'Leary have done a fantastic job to reconnect with the fans.

Thoroughly looking forward to next season.

Why Cook didn't take the huge clue of playing 3 centre backs when Burgess came on for Coulson due to injury at Wycombe I will never know.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 13:06 - May 1 with 757 viewsGlasgowBlue

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 12:38 - May 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why Cook didn't take the huge clue of playing 3 centre backs when Burgess came on for Coulson due to injury at Wycombe I will never know.

His inflexibility was his biggest downfall.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 13:59 - May 1 with 704 viewsVeggie

Absolutely agree. Even the playoff season under McCarthy was not particularly exciting. The football being played and excitement is up there with the early 90s for me.
Over the relatively short 13 years... on 14:01 - May 1 with 686 viewsFrimleyBlue

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 12:38 - May 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Personally think the expectation he couldn't deal with

Wolft had a mare at the beginning of the season. Mistakes all over the pitch. PC couldn't relax and trust him and had to drop him. Same with other players.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 08:31 - May 2 with 429 viewsBluespeed225

Interesting about the youngsters being bought to games, noticed this too. From my vantage point in SBR block 4, the lower West/Britannia seems to have a lot of littl’uns’ in there with Mum/Dad. Good stuff if they can catch the bug now! However, there does seem to be one over zealous steward who stands right at the end of the seats(back row, lower tier) who revels in getting the kids to sit back in their seats if the get up for anything! They like to try and get an autograph from the subs warming up, or pics with Crazee, jump up and down to ‘Allez Allez’, this bloke just squashes it for them! Give em’ a uniform…
Login to get fewer ads

Over the relatively short 13 years... on 08:41 - May 2 with 401 viewsHipsterectomy

Imagine a season of 4-0 wins at home every week...I wonder what we'd complain about next season

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024