Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 13:01 - Jul 31 with 1105 viewsBasuco

Great to be back at Portman Road and see what has changed over the Summer, first stop was fanzone, it was packed and no pop-up bar, the main beer queue was very long but the new system of cup fillers and servers made sure the queue moved along quite quickly, the London Glory ale from the barrel was very nice and the Town badge on the cup looked great. The DJ set played a good selection of music and the addition of a very good PA announcer David Vamp was brilliant. I loved the crowd predictions and interviews with Carlos Edwards and the Bolton fan. In the ground the new big screen looked good, music on the PA sounded better but could not hear a word of what the announcer said, get David Vamp in? I enjoyed the match and liked the look of Marcus Harness and Freddie Ladapo, Town had good movement and looked stronger as we pushed for the winner and the subs made us look stronger, shame we could not make the most of a number of chances in the last 15 minutes. Roll on the rest of the season and more big crowds at PR, COYB’s.
Yesterday on 13:04 - Jul 31 with 1087 viewsDyland

I may need new glasses cos I couldn't read anything on the screen from the upper north (I'm not that far back). Nice to hear a positive take on the same things that most on here have been whinging about though :)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yesterday on 13:07 - Jul 31 with 1052 viewstazdac

Yesterday on 13:04 - Jul 31 by Dyland

I may need new glasses cos I couldn't read anything on the screen from the upper north (I'm not that far back). Nice to hear a positive take on the same things that most on here have been whinging about though :)

COYFB

I had my new glasses on and couldn’t read anything on the tv just about made out the time from lower north :o)
Yesterday on 13:11 - Jul 31 with 1013 viewsDyland

Yesterday on 13:07 - Jul 31 by tazdac

I had my new glasses on and couldn’t read anything on the tv just about made out the time from lower north :o)

I couldn't even see the clock ffs buh, which is really the only thing I want from it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yesterday on 13:28 - Jul 31 with 956 viewsDubtractor

Yesterday on 13:11 - Jul 31 by Dyland

I couldn't even see the clock ffs buh, which is really the only thing I want from it.

Yeah, they need to make the clock bigger during the game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Yesterday on 13:39 - Jul 31 with 911 viewsMeadowlark

PA in Churchman's is fixed. But now it's deafening!!
Impossible to have a conversation at half time, and much as I like Foz, do we need such long winded interviews with ex-players who happen to be here? Or loud music?
Couldn't really see the new scoreboard clearly, but agree that it was difficult to read when I did catch a glimpse of it.
Yesterday on 14:30 - Jul 31 with 838 viewskpblues

Yep Great to be back.

New signings John Jules was exciting, Leigh looked sharp and Harness worked hard.
Davis looked out of sorts still but hopefully will bed in.
Looking forward to Ball becoming a regular.
Still concerned on where the goals are coming from.
Time wasting looks to be main way of breaking up the Town's momentum and sad that the referees show no sign of clamping down on it.

Couldn't read the screen from Block Q in Magnus stand & not sure why the team was left up during the game.
PA was clear but a bit loud.
The bar halfway up Block Q in the Magnus Stand was hot with no air con.
One till server position was out of action. Really? On the first match of the season??

The team and stadium are still work in progress and will patiently cross my fingers.

COYB

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Yesterday on 14:42 - Jul 31 with 778 viewsVeggie

Yesterday on 13:07 - Jul 31 by tazdac

Yeah I think they need to rethink the layout. It clear that they can’t really fit the whole team (especially both teams) on the screen in a list format without it being too small to read. They should probably show the teams individually in a kind of formation layout to allow more space for a bigger font. The in game screen should probably just show a big score and a big clock with maybe the players names / subs / yellow cards etc / numbers scrolling horizontally when required.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024