Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood and John-Jules 16:31 - Sep 25 with 1264 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Norwood......last month mocked by Barnsley fans on Twitter in some clip. They have somehow gone quiet lately, wonder why. Oh he keeps scoring goals for them.

He still has more quality in front of goal than our 'strikers'. Ladapo in fairness has done a lot for the team in the previous games but I'd rather Norwood in our team than John-Jules. Goal at Shrewsbury aside what has he actually done? Any significant contribution? Does he need more time to 'gel'? What can he offer on the pitch that Norwood can't?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2022 16:32]
Norwood and John-Jules on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 1162 viewsTheBoyBlue

I liked Norwood and thought he could offer something here.

However, I can see why we decided to get rid as off the pitch he was a liability. He's fine at Barnsley at the mo, but if he gets an injury or takes unkindly to something a Barnsley fans says on Twitter and he's in danger of becoming a distraction.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Norwood and John-Jules on 16:43 - Sep 25 with 1142 viewsLankHenners

He's largely played in a different position and obviously has completely different attributes so it's a bit of a weird comparison to make to be honest.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Norwood and John-Jules on 16:54 - Sep 25 with 1025 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Norwood is at best mediocre. We have scored in every league game and second highest GF in the league.
Norwood and John-Jules on 16:58 - Sep 25 with 985 viewsStewart27

You are completely off the mark on this one. Maybe he would have put one of the two Ladapo chances away, but remember that Norwood completely lacked composure for us in three seasons in front of goal. Hence his poor goalscoring record.

Secondly to compare him to JJ is like comparing apples and oranges. Completely different players. KM shouldn’t have changed the personnel when he did, but I actually thought JJ looked promising when he came on behind Jackson. The error was that Jackson was actually quite dangerous in the Burns role as opposed to a number 9.
Norwood and John-Jules on 16:59 - Sep 25 with 971 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Norwood and John-Jules on 16:58 - Sep 25 by Stewart27

You are completely off the mark on this one. Maybe he would have put one of the two Ladapo chances away, but remember that Norwood completely lacked composure for us in three seasons in front of goal. Hence his poor goalscoring record.

Secondly to compare him to JJ is like comparing apples and oranges. Completely different players. KM shouldn’t have changed the personnel when he did, but I actually thought JJ looked promising when he came on behind Jackson. The error was that Jackson was actually quite dangerous in the Burns role as opposed to a number 9.

It's about scoring goals and John-Jules hasn't done much has he?
Norwood and John-Jules on 17:16 - Sep 25 with 835 viewsGarv

Norwood and John-Jules on 16:58 - Sep 25 by Stewart27

The Norwood-John-Jules comparison is a bit odd but Norwood didn't have a poor goals record. Injury record, maybe.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024