Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager speak 11:29 - Oct 9 with 1214 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Funny every time. McKenna's a bit of an outlier with his honest view.

From Derek Adams: “We looked very comfortable, we limited Ipswich to very few chances throughout the 90 minutes, they had openings, but they weren’t clear cut."

Well apart from hitting the woodwork 3 times and missing a penalty, Derek.

It's always cute to see how managers big up their own team (and themselves). Yes they battled well, certainly 1st half, but we definitely deserved to win that overall.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Manager speak on 11:46 - Oct 9 with 1118 viewsSawtrich

I always enjoy it on MOTD when you get a manager saying something like, 'I thought it was an even game, we deserved a point' while across the bottom of the screen there's a scroll of stats that suggest they got battered.
Manager speak on 11:57 - Oct 9 with 1077 viewsSheffordBlue

To be fair to him the xG for the shots that hit the post were quite low, so not 'clear cut' chances. On open play chances it was fairly even. I thought they executed their plan really well and battled hard.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Manager speak on 12:22 - Oct 9 with 1003 viewsArnieM

Manager speak on 11:57 - Oct 9 by SheffordBlue

To be fair to him the xG for the shots that hit the post were quite low, so not 'clear cut' chances. On open play chances it was fairly even. I thought they executed their plan really well and battled hard.

Very much agree with you. If they apply their game plan to others teams I feel sure they will win more games than they lose.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Manager speak on 13:34 - Oct 9 with 900 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Manager speak on 11:57 - Oct 9 by SheffordBlue

Not a fan of xG to be honest. My mate's son told us that Burn's winner v Pompey the other week WASN'T a clear cut chance according to xG. He was literally inches out when he nodded it in, but that's not clear cut?!

These definitions of 'clear cut' give manager's an out. I prefer to go with my eyes and Ipswich, over the 90, deserved to win.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Manager speak on 15:40 - Oct 9 with 723 viewsSheffordBlue

Manager speak on 13:34 - Oct 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not a fan of xG to be honest. My mate's son told us that Burn's winner v Pompey the other week WASN'T a clear cut chance according to xG. He was literally inches out when he nodded it in, but that's not clear cut?!

These definitions of 'clear cut' give manager's an out. I prefer to go with my eyes and Ipswich, over the 90, deserved to win.

The xG for Burns goal was 0.85 meaning a player would be expected to score it 85 % of the time.

I'd agree that over the course of the game we deserved the win but don't think we created many great chances. Evans effort against the bar came at him high and he did well to get it as close as he did. Similarly Edwards effort would have been considered a really good effort if it had gone in. Can't remember any sitters that we missed - Jackson from the rebound possibly?

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Manager speak on 16:06 - Oct 9 with 660 viewsjeera

Manager speak on 11:46 - Oct 9 by Sawtrich

I always enjoy it on MOTD when you get a manager saying something like, 'I thought it was an even game, we deserved a point' while across the bottom of the screen there's a scroll of stats that suggest they got battered.

17 shots to their 7.

6 on target to their 2.

And sure possession doesn't always mean much at face value but even so: 69% / 31%.

Morecombe have no complaints and did well to do what they did.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024