Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just picking up on the complete government apathy on global warming… 07:55 - Nov 10 with 496 viewsunstableblue

… and why people would be compelled to protest

It’s not oil exploration but it’s the points some of us where making on fixing the hugely inefficient UK housing stock - read this:

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just picking up on the complete government apathy on global warming… on 09:24 - Nov 10 with 413 viewsOldsmoker

The housing that is better insulated is generally the well built expensive homes owned by Tory voters.
The poor quality housing that is poorly insulated are those homes in urban areas occupied mainly by Labour voters. Cities tend to vote Labour apart from the posh areas.
Landlords have no incentive to spend money on their properties. They are not going to pay for something that only their tenants benefit from.

And anyway, the Tories are far too busy trying to stay in power than bother with trying to save the planet.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Just picking up on the complete government apathy on global warming… on 09:29 - Nov 10 with 401 viewsSteve_M

There's still complete apathy on reducing consumption for this winter, not a difficult education campaign to let people know which appliances use most energy. As with the insulation point, it's negligence now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024