Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leiston FC 11:15 - Jan 2 with 1431 viewshatch

Not sure if anyone has been following their success lately but they’re 4 points off top with 2 games in hand. A very real chance of promotion to Conference South this season and solidifying their position as Suffolk’s second best positioned club.

I’ve followed them for a few seasons now since they missed out in the play-offs to Dulwich Hamlet a few years ago. I’m off to Kings Langley today to watch them but it would be quite something for a place the size of Leiston to get into the Conference. Only issue is their average attendance of around 150/200 fans…

….oh and Darren Eadie is one of their managers but I can see past that (and Ryan Jarvis in their squad).

Leiston FC on 11:21 - Jan 2 with 1372 viewsLeistonBlue

I certainly have! I remember the playoff final vs Dulwich you mention very well - i think it was a very dubious looking free kick that won it for Dulwich from memory.

Unfortunately it is much more likely that they would be put into the conference north rather than south, meaning some huge travel distances. I’m at Lincoln today so won’t be at kings Langley but will be at the huge cup game at Aldershot in a couple of weeks! It really has been a fantastic season, I’ve been to quite a few games and they’re playing cracking football and really putting teams to the sword. Keeping fingers crossed for the rest of the season!
Leiston FC on 11:56 - Jan 2 with 1254 viewsemergencylime

Yes, my hometown until the end of the previous century, I try to get to matches when I'm back...especially if Town are away.
Some great results lately too. Making Ben Fowkes move permanent was great business.
Like you say, the issue comes with operating costs in the league above with what would likely be the smallest attendances in the league.
Even in the current league, where the average is about 400, Leiston get about 60% of that.
Albeit the league average is pushed up by some big hitters like Bromsgrove, Stourbridge and Tamworth (catchment helping them).
Their attendance must also be impacted by Town, those extra thousands going to PR every week can't help non-league teams.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024