Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep it simple(r) 09:23 - Jan 3 with 789 viewsDarth_Koont

Had to miss the game last night but just watched it on replay.

I was expecting a few more gilt-edged chances but really not that many, which I think highlights the underlying problem that we’re still a bit hit and miss in attack. Too many of our chances seem to demand an intricacy of movement and quality that is hard to consistently threaten from. But the best openings of all for the Evans half-volley, Harness/Woolfenden double chance and the Ladapo and Leigh headers came from simple balls into the box that players could attack.

Overall, we need to mix it up and keep defences guessing so we should still try stuff. But let’s increase the proportion of simpler and quicker balls into the box – certainly if we want players getting on the end of stuff and forcing more chances even from picking up the scraps.

Oh and tricky for Leigh to come in and get near to Davis’s levels but we really missed that threat and delivery from the left.

Pronouns: He/Him

Keep it simple(r) on 09:57 - Jan 3 with 660 viewsLeithblue

makes sense. I do like our intricate triangles down the right but at the moment they always seem to end up with a low cross unceremoniously booted away at the near post
Keep it simple(r) on 10:21 - Jan 3 with 591 viewsFrimleyBlue

Genuine question about this apparent delivery from Davis.

Corner wise I agree he's been great.

But I don't personally see his crossing is any better than Burns or Jackson.. they rarely come to anything.

What we did miss from Davis imo was his ability and intelligence to move defenders into positions they don't really want to be in. And this imo opens up the spaces for whosoever is playing the 10 role. Leigh I liked earlier in season and still do...but he's lack of games showed yesterday imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024