Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley Support 10:14 - Apr 26 with 820 viewsSacrebleu

Looked a bit thin on the ground considering their position in the league. 17k gate, 5k of which were Ipswich and loads of empty seats. Aren’t the locals interested?
Barnsley Support on 10:16 - Apr 26 with 797 viewskeighleyblue

tbh it was a bit of a dead rubber for them, they're guaranteed playoffs and chances of getting top 2 were very very slim.
Barnsley Support on 10:21 - Apr 26 with 754 viewsGuthrum

Smallish town (smaller than Ipswich), with some quite big clubs nearby to take outlying support. Have been in the lower reaches of the Champ, occasionally dropping into the third tier, for many years (barring one good season, losing in the 2021 play-off semis).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Barnsley Support on 10:51 - Apr 26 with 669 viewshype313

Got to look at costs, they knew they would be in the PO's and with a potential day out at Wembley suddenly a lot of money needs to be found. Can't say I blame them to be fair, even if they won last night they were still be needing a slight miracle.

That Burton loss killed their automatic aspirations.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Barnsley Support on 11:22 - Apr 26 with 592 viewsSharkey

There aren't that many locals! Go about a dozen miles in any direction and you're in someone else's territory. They're encircled, starting clockwise at 6 O'clock by Sheffield, Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds, Doncaster, Rotherham. Plus the area to the north, between them and Leeds, is prime Rugby League territory (Castleford, Wakefield)
Barnsley Support on 12:39 - Apr 26 with 477 viewsArnieM

Having lived and trained in Sheffield snd worked in Barnsley I can say they are the salt of the earth fan base. They are in competition with very big clubs all within a 10/20 mile radius. So they do very well . They are like us, a proper family club, and as has been said finances are stretched. So I say hats off to Barnsley fans and I hope they go up via PO’s ( warily accepting we might get automatic). I wouldn’t want to have to play them in PO’s… they’re a proper footballing dude unlike bloody Weds!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024