Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last two weeks should have been far more stressful 15:34 - Apr 30 with 883 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Can’t believe it was Cheltenham and Port Vale were literally the only tense games. The most important moment of the final run in was arguably Broadheads penalty against Vale. The other two won away that night and maybe a home draw could have rocked the boat a little but I think we would have still likely been fine. If Walton didn’t go for a walk against Cheltenham we would literally be looking at winning every game since Valentines day. Just an unprecedented run, whatever the level. Even more unprecedented when you consider we played 4 of the top 6 away. Just wish we hadn’t finish playing Plymouth in January!
The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:41 - Apr 30 with 826 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. I think that's why so many of us are suddenly desperate to win the title so this team gets the respect it deserves.

There's a sense that yesterday is the beginning as well. I keep checking the website hoping to see them selling memberships or ticket bundles. Just sell me something Town!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 793 viewssquiz

I wonder whether the Cheltenham result was a bit of a blessing in disguise with hindsight. There was alot of hype building about the winning and clean sheet run.

Lots of the talk after that from the players was about refocusing which they clearly did. Absolutely unbelievable run.
The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:46 - Apr 30 with 784 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:41 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

Agree. I think that's why so many of us are suddenly desperate to win the title so this team gets the respect it deserves.

There's a sense that yesterday is the beginning as well. I keep checking the website hoping to see them selling memberships or ticket bundles. Just sell me something Town!

It is just the beginning that’s why the excitement is a different level. Destroying clubs weekly at the top of this division suggests we would more than hold our own next year already. The momentum, the fanbase, the general feeling around the place indicates a very bright future. Treading water in the Championship all those years, we needed a reboot. Four years in league 1 wasn’t ideal but to come out of this with this Gamechanger, KM and this squad and a much rejuvenated fanbase means the extra year on or two might have been very worth it.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 15:52]
The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:50 - Apr 30 with 732 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:45 - Apr 30 by squiz

I wonder whether the Cheltenham result was a bit of a blessing in disguise with hindsight. There was alot of hype building about the winning and clean sheet run.

Lots of the talk after that from the players was about refocusing which they clearly did. Absolutely unbelievable run.

Possibly although it’s not like they didn’t seem focused. There can be an element of extra pressure when such a long standing record still on though.
The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:53 - Apr 30 with 715 viewsWacko

The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:46 - Apr 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It is just the beginning that’s why the excitement is a different level. Destroying clubs weekly at the top of this division suggests we would more than hold our own next year already. The momentum, the fanbase, the general feeling around the place indicates a very bright future. Treading water in the Championship all those years, we needed a reboot. Four years in league 1 wasn’t ideal but to come out of this with this Gamechanger, KM and this squad and a much rejuvenated fanbase means the extra year on or two might have been very worth it.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 15:52]

I totally agree, was also thinking a reset to league one might do us good, but hoped for a Norwich-style version rather than how long it’s taken. But Leeds, Sheff Utd, Southampton and Wolves all managed to bounce back, so had confidence that we would too

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:53 - Apr 30 with 715 viewssquiz

The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:50 - Apr 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Possibly although it’s not like they didn’t seem focused. There can be an element of extra pressure when such a long standing record still on though.

Yeah, you look at what happened to sheffield wednesday after their 23 game run came to an end. Just fell to bits.
The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:58 - Apr 30 with 681 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The last two weeks should have been far more stressful on 15:53 - Apr 30 by squiz

Yeah, you look at what happened to sheffield wednesday after their 23 game run came to an end. Just fell to bits.

I think what might be slightly overlooked in this run is how kind the fixtures were to us after Bristol Rovers. I know it doesn’t always play out like the league table BUT we had four poor teams in a row just as our new signings were finding their feet, then lift off!

For example I wouldn’t have fancied going to Derby/Bolton the day we went to MK. Also those home games against Forest Green, Accrington were nice for the partnerships to start to forge before goijg into the business end of the season. Just my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024