Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best of all outcomes 14:14 - Aug 7 with 490 viewsJimInGreensboro

The 3 points are massive, but also important is the awareness we gained of what it will take to compete at this level. In League One, we dominated teams who tried to actually play football against us, but when Sunderland did it yesterday, we were the ones who found ourselves on the back foot. Thanks to the guts of our defence and persistent quality of our opportunities when they came, we triumphed, but we learned lessons. Kieran took note, Ashton took note and I think we'll look back at this match as a wake-up call, realizing that we can immediately succeed against top clubs in the Championship but also giving us a keener and clearer understanding of where we need to be for that to happen over the long haul.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 14:16]
The best of all outcomes on 14:17 - Aug 7 with 445 viewsBlueBadger

I think this(and our first five or so league games in general) was the ideal 'welcome back' match to show us what the Championship means.

Competitive, hostile big crowd, a better standard and far fewer sides frightened of us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024