Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of positives today 17:32 - Aug 26 with 942 viewsjasondozzell

We gave Leeds a real game. Scoreline might not suggest that but it doesn't tell whole story. We had a 25 minute spell in the second half where we were totally dominant. Had we scored then could have been very different.

Team is very resilient. We kept playing our football even when we conceded the third and the fourth.

Hutchinson beginning to look better already.

I thought we were the better footballing side to be honest. Leeds have very good individual players but looked less cohesive than us. They were more clinical with their chances but I thought we more than held our own.
Lots of positives today on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 879 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

To be honest they are a better team than us, we could have managed that better, cut the faff at the back, midfield was too ponderous at times, didn’t take our chances, and we had a few let’s be honest. Hladky and Burgess aren’t going to cope with the better players in this league. We need an experienced keeper on loan, a centre half and a new forward.
Lots of positives today on 17:51 - Aug 26 with 851 viewsGeoffSentence

I wonder how things had gone if only Wes had put that one in when clean through at 1-0.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lots of positives today on 17:53 - Aug 26 with 834 viewsnorthants

Absolutely, if we were 2-0 up as we should have been, we could have been out of sight.

However, I think we are two transfer windows behind Leeds at least and we did give them a game without our lead striker and goalkeeper.

Let's not panic...
Lots of positives today on 18:01 - Aug 26 with 775 viewsjasondozzell

Lots of positives today on 17:46 - Aug 26 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

To be honest they are a better team than us, we could have managed that better, cut the faff at the back, midfield was too ponderous at times, didn’t take our chances, and we had a few let’s be honest. Hladky and Burgess aren’t going to cope with the better players in this league. We need an experienced keeper on loan, a centre half and a new forward.

I can see why you'd say that but I think it's knee jerk reaction maybe. Both Burgess and Hladky have been great this season - it's inevitable that they will make mistakes at times though. I think the most promising thing about the McKenna project is his interest in improving players and developing. Fully expect both to contribute to a successful campaign.
Lots of positives today on 18:03 - Aug 26 with 763 viewsjasondozzell

Lots of positives today on 17:51 - Aug 26 by GeoffSentence

I wonder how things had gone if only Wes had put that one in when clean through at 1-0.

Yeah. We were saying that. Interested to see it back. Could he have hit it earlier?
Lots of positives today on 18:03 - Aug 26 with 752 viewsHerbivore

Lots of positives today on 17:51 - Aug 26 by GeoffSentence

Indeed. That's as good a chance (at least) as their first and fourth goals. That was a big part of the difference today, that and us making a couple of very costly errors.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lots of positives today on 18:04 - Aug 26 with 745 viewsjasondozzell

Lots of positives today on 17:53 - Aug 26 by northants

Absolutely, if we were 2-0 up as we should have been, we could have been out of sight.

However, I think we are two transfer windows behind Leeds at least and we did give them a game without our lead striker and goalkeeper.

Let's not panic...

Yeah agree. Kmac's comments astute. He will stay calm. All in all ax great start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024