Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The injuries 00:11 - Sep 9 with 1379 viewsBondiBlue

Maybe the problem tuanzebe's had is that he's been on loan. Clubs aren't going to be highly motivated to give a loan player the best care for injuries. They need him to play. We're in a position where we are highly motivated to get him properly fit and we can be a bit more patient with him. Suspect we won't see him in the first team for a while.

Poll: Which would you accept?

The injuries on 06:37 - Sep 9 with 1220 viewsPioneerBlue

I could go with circumstances being part of why he couldn’t remain fit for longer periods Eg pushing himself in order to continue being what he’s become when more rest might have been advised but not getting the highest quality treatment is hard to imagine. Even on loan for many injuries his parent club would have had an interest in protecting wit asset an ensuring the correct treatment plans were in place.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

The injuries on 08:18 - Sep 9 with 1071 viewsBigCommon

I'm interested to see how this goes.. We've got top fitness and medical staff. And we've managed the likes of Broadhead and Luongo quite well. Both came here with dubious , recent injury history...
I think if we can get 20 odd games , with decent minutes , out of him this season. It would be a good start in the right direction. And if the majority of those games come at the back end of the season, it wouldn't be the worst scenario. As you'd expect us to need freshening up a bit, by then..
The injuries on 08:48 - Sep 9 with 979 viewsBondiBlue

The injuries on 06:37 - Sep 9 by PioneerBlue

I could go with circumstances being part of why he couldn’t remain fit for longer periods Eg pushing himself in order to continue being what he’s become when more rest might have been advised but not getting the highest quality treatment is hard to imagine. Even on loan for many injuries his parent club would have had an interest in protecting wit asset an ensuring the correct treatment plans were in place.

Parent club would have an interest for sure. But they're not going to be monitoring him constantly. You oftenhear about loanees returning to the parent club for treatment but that only seems to be after a big injury has already happened.

Poll: Which would you accept?

The injuries on 08:51 - Sep 9 with 970 viewsGuthrum

The injuries on 08:18 - Sep 9 by BigCommon

I'm interested to see how this goes.. We've got top fitness and medical staff. And we've managed the likes of Broadhead and Luongo quite well. Both came here with dubious , recent injury history...
I think if we can get 20 odd games , with decent minutes , out of him this season. It would be a good start in the right direction. And if the majority of those games come at the back end of the season, it wouldn't be the worst scenario. As you'd expect us to need freshening up a bit, by then..

I do think he might be this season's Keogh. Not perhaps very many games played, but a lot of input on the training pitch and in the dressing room.

Doesn't have same depth of experience as the former Derby Captain, but at a very high level coming through the ManU system. Which is what I feel McKenna is trying to replicate at ITFC, a top-end Prem style setup in terms of backroom work and mentality.

Plus, of course, if fit he can be a great asset in the Championship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The injuries on 13:47 - Sep 9 with 676 viewsRegencyBlue

The injuries on 08:51 - Sep 9 by Guthrum

I do think he might be this season's Keogh. Not perhaps very many games played, but a lot of input on the training pitch and in the dressing room.

Doesn't have same depth of experience as the former Derby Captain, but at a very high level coming through the ManU system. Which is what I feel McKenna is trying to replicate at ITFC, a top-end Prem style setup in terms of backroom work and mentality.

Plus, of course, if fit he can be a great asset in the Championship.

I think they are expecting more on the pitch from this lad than they were from Keogh.

He’s only 25 and from his interview has come here clearly expecting to play games. If we can keep him fit he’s going to be starting regularly, which Keogh never looked capable of doing.

I think it’s a big gamble but one the club is obviously happy with. If it does pay off it’s going to be an inspired signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024