Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've got us on 56 points on December 31st 12:08 - Nov 8 with 1573 viewsBobbychase

With this series of results (some optimistic, some pessimistic):
Swansea - win. WBA - draw. Millwall - win. Coventry - win. M'boro - lose. Watford - draw. Norwich - win. Leeds - lose. Leicester - win. QPR - win. 20 points to add to our 36.

Historically here is the points total of the top two in the Championship on December 31 and how they finished the season. Plus 50 at the end of December usually means promotion. Leicester may break some records this season of course.

2022-23:
Burnley 53 (promoted)
Sheffield United 50 (promoted)

2021-22:
Bournemouth 47 (promoted)
Fulham 45 (promoted)

2020-21
Norwich 44 (promoted)
Brentford 41 (promoted - play offs)

2019-20:
Leeds 51 (promoted)
WBA 51 (promoted)

2018-19:
Leeds 51 (lost in play offs)
Norwich 48 (promoted)

2017-18:
Wolves 58 (promoted)
Derby 48 (lost in play offs)

2016-17:
Newcastle 51 (promoted)
Brighton 51 (promoted)

2015-16:
Middlesbrough 49 (promoted)
Derby 48 (lost in play offs)
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 12:15]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I've got us on 56 points on December 31st on 13:34 - Nov 8 with 1380 viewsN2_Blue

If we get that series of results and points haul we'll get promoted. I'd bite your hand off for that now!

That's 2ppg over another 10 ganes... would be astonishing over that run of fixtures coupled with the start we've made.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I've got us on 56 points on December 31st on 13:36 - Nov 8 with 1372 viewsBobbychase

I've got us on 56 points on December 31st on 13:34 - Nov 8 by N2_Blue

If we get that series of results and points haul we'll get promoted. I'd bite your hand off for that now!

That's 2ppg over another 10 ganes... would be astonishing over that run of fixtures coupled with the start we've made.

I might be being "glass half full" with the Boxing Day prediction but I think with a fully-fit squad we can take Leicester at home in a chaotic festive fixture schedule

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I've got us on 56 points on December 31st on 14:57 - Nov 8 with 1241 viewsBasuco

Last night showed Championship predictions are as difficult as ever to predict, I will just continue to enjoy the moment.
I've got us on 56 points on December 31st on 18:36 - Nov 8 with 1000 views_clive_baker_

20 points from those 10 would be an unreal return. That's obviously 2ppg, and although we're averaging 2.4 currently, I look at that block of fixtures as tougher ones. I'll go with:

Swansea - draw
WBA - lose
Millwall - win
Coventry - win
Boro - draw
Watford - draw
Norwich - win
Leeds - lose
Leicester - draw
QPR - win

So 16 points. Leaving us on 52 points from 25 games at the turn of the year. We would still be above the 2ppg which would be remarkable frankly. I can see Leeds and / or Southampton closing the gap, but that would definitely put us in a nice position with 21 to play.

TBH I do think we'll drift off, but there wont be the spectacular collapse teams supporters seem to be predicting. Can't see us not finishing in the top 6, I think we're too good for that.
I've got us on 56 points on December 31st on 20:55 - Nov 8 with 853 viewsN2_Blue

I've got us on 56 points on December 31st on 18:36 - Nov 8 by _clive_baker_

20 points from those 10 would be an unreal return. That's obviously 2ppg, and although we're averaging 2.4 currently, I look at that block of fixtures as tougher ones. I'll go with:

Swansea - draw
WBA - lose
Millwall - win
Coventry - win
Boro - draw
Watford - draw
Norwich - win
Leeds - lose
Leicester - draw
QPR - win

So 16 points. Leaving us on 52 points from 25 games at the turn of the year. We would still be above the 2ppg which would be remarkable frankly. I can see Leeds and / or Southampton closing the gap, but that would definitely put us in a nice position with 21 to play.

TBH I do think we'll drift off, but there wont be the spectacular collapse teams supporters seem to be predicting. Can't see us not finishing in the top 6, I think we're too good for that.

Agree with much of that except I think there is less than 1% chance we don’t finish in top 6. We’ve got half the points needed already.

Although my gut is telling me we won’t finish top 2 especially with strong prem squads of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton in the mix it will be gut wrenching after the start we’ve had. We’ve given ourselves a genuine chance and I think it will go the final games with us there considering the happy we have.

I do expect a tail off but by how much and whether it drops us out of the top 2 mix up will very much depend on Jan transfer window I think.

I think it was texters who compared it to the 2000 promotion season when we brought in Stewart and it finally got us over the line after all those heartbreaks. I think if we secured a top striker to play with or rotate with Hirst it could be the difference.

Hirst has been great but he does look like he could do with a little break and whilst I love Freddie I do admit we just do need that bit more quality to be a promoted team.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024