|McAuley Withdrawn From Northern Ireland Squad Sun 08th Aug 2010 20:35|
Town have withdrawn central defender Gareth McAuley from the Northern Ireland squad playing a friendly in Montenegro on Wednesday. The 30-year-old picked up a back injury during Saturday’s 3-1 opening day victory at Middlesbrough.
|Stoke Watch Walters Sun 08th Aug 2010 12:24|
Stoke City sent director of football John Rudge to watch Town’s game at Middlesbrough on Saturday. Boss Roy Keane confirmed that the Potters have targeted skipper Jon Walters on Thursday, but said the clubs are yet to agree a fee.
|Managers Agree Town the Best Side on the Day Sat 07th Aug 2010 18:23|
Managers Roy Keane and Gordon Strachan were agreed that Town deserved their 3-1 opening day victory at Middlesbrough. Tommy Smith, Tamas Priskin and Jon Stead netted the goals for the Blues in the second half after Scott McDonald had put the home side in front before the break. Keane also said he hopes to make two signings this week.
|Middlesbrough 1-3 Town Sat 07th Aug 2010 16:07|
Goals from Tommy Smith, Tamas Priskin and Jon Stead saw Town come behind to win 3-1 at Championship favourites Boro having been a goal down at half-time. Despite Scott McDonald putting the home side in front in the first half, the Blues were the better side throughout and the result hardly flattered Roy Keane’s men.
|Reserves Draw at West Ham But U15s Lose Final Sat 07th Aug 2010 16:00|
A young Town reserves side drew a friendly 1-1 at West Ham's Little Heath training ground on Saturday morning. Irish U19 international striker Ronan Murray netted Town's goal during the second half.
|Keane Backs Brown to Replace Bruce Sat 07th Aug 2010 12:00|
Town boss Roy Keane says he has no need to sign a replacement for Alex Bruce as he already has one in the shape of Wales U19 international Troy Brown. The 19-year-old central defender was the Blues’ man of the match in Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat to a Spurs XI, a performance typical of his displays in pre-season.
|Kennedy Keen to Work With Roy at Town Sat 07th Aug 2010 08:00|
New full-back Mark Kennedy says the chance of working with Roy Keane and good past experiences at Portman Road were behind his decision to join the Blues. The 34-year-old Irishman was paraded at a press conference on Thursday along with fellow new signing Márton Fülöp, having signed a two-year contract last week after Town and Cardiff had agreed a £75,000 fee.