Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmm 20:12 - Jan 10 with 8234 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now this could be utter utter bulsht

But. One of my lads, his cousin plays for youths and TM is initials running the rounds at the club. Any links have we had?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hmmm on 23:45 - Jan 10 with 599 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 23:36 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

Weird? I didn't bring you up in the thread originally and i'm not looking for an argument. I thought someone was having a pop at me not being a fan and they said you were one, so jokingly i said i'd been a fan longer than you'd been alive. Not a dig at you, just a fact!

If you read my threads carefully, as others have done, you will see i've addressed every point, including your one on players wages leaving the club. It's factored in.

I agreed with you about Top 10, but you're throwing that back at me when you brought it up?! My estimate based on the accounts and Swiss Ramble's calculations is 12th largest, but we'll see later this year.

I've never said we've spent the Murphy money at all. Not once. Those wages/fees for those loan players were prior to any money for Murphy being spent.

I'm not stirring, you seem to be reading too much into things on here at the moment.

And i'm not defending Milne or Evans in my view, i'm just using the facts we know to counter an argument which has been made.

I don't think that anyone was saying you weren't being a fan tbh

Just that I'm frustrated because, like yourself, I'm a fan. Which is exactly what it is. Frustration.

I'm not throwing it back at you. It's just an example that Milne isn't telling the truth all the time. You said earlier in the threads that he knows more about the accounts than me. True. But what he tells the public isn't always the truth. As I've said, even Phil thought it was untrue. I'd have a guess at 15th/16th on wages. Bottom 5/6 on transfer fees spent to player sales percentage though over the last 4/5 years. Is that good enough from Evans? I'm not sure. Harsh on mick? Definetely.

You did say that we've spent 2m on three loan fees and players this season and that was in reply to someththingr about the Murphy money. So I assumed you were talking about the Murphy money. Apologies on that one then.

I'm not reading into everything. I'm as straight as they come. I'll tell you how I think it is exactly the same on here as I would face to face. Just my opinion obviously. No dramas. Just how I see it.

I only mentioned stirring as you specifically mentioned Taxi and compared me to him as you know we've had our issues in the past. I think you knew exactly what you were doing there.

But hey ho.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hmmm on 23:47 - Jan 10 with 590 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 23:41 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

We've made a profit in one season in the last 10 years i believe? He's lost £70m in that time.

But agree, it is difficult to replace a Mings who you've sold for £8m with someone equal. But that's what we've always been like as a club sadly.

It's becoming harder to find those next gens though, with big clubs stockpiling youngsters. So we need to grow our own or scout the next Webster and hope we can afford him
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 23:45]

I haven't said we make a profit. Of course we don't. We lose money.

No but replacing an 8m sale with a 150k left back from Norway isn't the same thing is it?

We are finding those young gems because of mick and the scouts.

My fear is if mick goes and we can't find those players. Then what? Because then we'd be even further up sh1t creek.

Hmmm on 23:47 - Jan 10 with 590 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 23:45 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't think that anyone was saying you weren't being a fan tbh

Just that I'm frustrated because, like yourself, I'm a fan. Which is exactly what it is. Frustration.

I'm not throwing it back at you. It's just an example that Milne isn't telling the truth all the time. You said earlier in the threads that he knows more about the accounts than me. True. But what he tells the public isn't always the truth. As I've said, even Phil thought it was untrue. I'd have a guess at 15th/16th on wages. Bottom 5/6 on transfer fees spent to player sales percentage though over the last 4/5 years. Is that good enough from Evans? I'm not sure. Harsh on mick? Definetely.

You did say that we've spent 2m on three loan fees and players this season and that was in reply to someththingr about the Murphy money. So I assumed you were talking about the Murphy money. Apologies on that one then.

I'm not reading into everything. I'm as straight as they come. I'll tell you how I think it is exactly the same on here as I would face to face. Just my opinion obviously. No dramas. Just how I see it.

I only mentioned stirring as you specifically mentioned Taxi and compared me to him as you know we've had our issues in the past. I think you knew exactly what you were doing there.

But hey ho.

I genuinely thought you and taxi got on. No malice intended.

Anyway, we can't all be up for another 6 hours ;)

May tomorrow bring better news!
Hmmm on 23:48 - Jan 10 with 586 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 23:44 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

I don't think it's solely Mick. I think it's a combination of the two and have done and said so for a long time.

I meant more mick than Evans.

Whereas, I think it's more Evans than mick

Both have their positives and negatives

Hmmm on 23:50 - Jan 10 with 579 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 23:47 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

I genuinely thought you and taxi got on. No malice intended.

Anyway, we can't all be up for another 6 hours ;)

May tomorrow bring better news!

Hopefully me and taxi will get on this year.

Hopefully everyone gets on this year.

Night then MER

Hopefully I'll wake up to news of a striker being signed or 'imminent'

Hmmm on 00:42 - Jan 11 with 545 viewsmos

Hmmm on 23:50 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Hopefully me and taxi will get on this year.

Night then MER

Hopefully I'll wake up to news of a striker being signed or 'imminent'

Christ there are a lot of arguements on here.
Although I would generally consider us as a pretty decent bunch.

Especially if you look at some other aspects of the Internet, it's pretty grim.

But yeah, not too bad here. Just the odd argument over the price of the match day hot dog or so.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024