Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmm 20:12 - Jan 10 with 8236 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now this could be utter utter bulsht

But. One of my lads, his cousin plays for youths and TM is initials running the rounds at the club. Any links have we had?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hmmm on 20:40 - Jan 10 with 1706 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 20:38 - Jan 10 by SWGF

If we don't make any significant permanent signings this window, I'd suggest we're safe to assume the obvious.

I still can't believe we only spent 100k on seats when we were second after selling Cresswell not long before

This scenario could well be similar unfortunately

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hmmm on 20:41 - Jan 10 with 1695 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 20:38 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

If he won't allow mick a couple of million when we were second in the league, bearing in mind we were flying and mick was a manager he trusts, he won't give it to a different manager in my opinion.

Jewell and keanes spending burnt ME enough for him to say 'no more' affectively.

No-one knows what happened in Jan 2015 though. Did Mick ask for anything else?

Evans clearly needs to put in more cash now, but back then we have no idea how it played out.
Hmmm on 20:42 - Jan 10 with 1690 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 20:36 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

Why not? If Mick no longer has the full confidence of Evans it's not a surprise at all.

Past history after selling players for good money

Cresswell - spent 100k afterwards

Mings - spent 1.5 million of the 8m since

Murphy - spent £0 on permanents since

Hmmm on 20:43 - Jan 10 with 1676 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 20:41 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

No-one knows what happened in Jan 2015 though. Did Mick ask for anything else?

Evans clearly needs to put in more cash now, but back then we have no idea how it played out.

Why would he have said 'Naa I don't want to have the best chance to get us promoted I'll ever get and instead stick with 100k for someone from colchester'

The money was almost definetely not available

Surely you can see that?

Hmmm on 20:44 - Jan 10 with 1668 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 20:40 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

True. MM was screwed over when we were up there. Evans also screwed himself.

Which is enough to make you think it didn't play out quite how is being portrayed. Both hurt themselves? Seems rather bizarre...

I'd suggest there was stubborness from MM's side and Evans doesn't intefere, so isn't going to suggest players to Mick to sign.

Worst possible combo imo
Hmmm on 20:45 - Jan 10 with 1650 viewsJ2BLUE

Hmmm on 20:44 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

Which is enough to make you think it didn't play out quite how is being portrayed. Both hurt themselves? Seems rather bizarre...

I'd suggest there was stubborness from MM's side and Evans doesn't intefere, so isn't going to suggest players to Mick to sign.

Worst possible combo imo

I'm not sure. MM has said he would spend millions if it was available.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hmmm on 20:47 - Jan 10 with 1636 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 20:42 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Past history after selling players for good money

Cresswell - spent 100k afterwards

Mings - spent 1.5 million of the 8m since

Murphy - spent £0 on permanents since

But all those figures are untrue though as you've completely ignored the multi-millions spent on loan fees under Mick.

I know that suits the argument, but that is where the money has gone, alomg with the academy and a huge uplift in wages.

You can only spend the money once.

Even this season, Lawrence, Williams and Best will see £2m leave the club in one season

I know it's not on permanent fees, but that's how Mick has chosen to spend his playing budget, not his transfer budget.
Hmmm on 20:48 - Jan 10 with 1624 viewsPJH

Hmmm on 20:40 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I still can't believe we only spent 100k on seats when we were second after selling Cresswell not long before

Although spending £100k on new seats was a bit unnecessary,could have probably got Freddie Sears for that.

Think you need to either type more carefully or read what you have typed before posting.
Login to get fewer ads

Hmmm on 20:49 - Jan 10 with 1617 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 20:43 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Why would he have said 'Naa I don't want to have the best chance to get us promoted I'll ever get and instead stick with 100k for someone from colchester'

The money was almost definetely not available

Surely you can see that?

What i'm saying is you have absolutely no idea, you're just assuming to fit a storyline.

I'm not defending Evans or Mick. They were and still are both rudderless and at fault for our demise
Hmmm on 20:51 - Jan 10 with 1603 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 20:45 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

I'm not sure. MM has said he would spend millions if it was available.

MM has also said the opposite. He says what he wants depending on the story he wants to get across.

When he said he wanted to spend Millions he was referring to the Derby and Brighton level spending. Something we'll never do under Evans and as confirmed on here yesterday, something no-one wants us to do when i raised it
Hmmm on 20:57 - Jan 10 with 1544 viewsReuser_is_God

Hmmm on 20:40 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Similar? There are no similarities.

Not going for it Jan 2015 is one of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hmmm on 20:59 - Jan 10 with 1541 viewsSuperfrans

If there is anything in this, it would fit in with what I'm increasingly thinking - all speculation, of course, but would make a lot of sense.

Whenever Evans has replaced his manager before, he has usually had someone lined up ready to step in pretty quickly - 1 days break after Magilton, 6 days after Keane, 7 after Jewell. Evans doesn't hang about once he's decided. So, if there is a chance that Blackburn/Lincoln/Huddersfield are key games for McCarthy, Evans will already be planning his next move.

And I can absolutely see the TM being Tony Mowbray. He would tick all the boxes Evans has usually wanted ticked (when he hired Jewell, Keane and McCarthy)
>> been promoted from the Championship before
>> available and free

He also ticks a few additional boxes, which Evans may now believe to be important, given how things have turned against McCarthy.
>> he knows talent in the EPL
>> he is a Town legend of recent vintage and established hero (and probably arrive with Venus)
>> he gets his teams playing passing football.
>> he will fit in with the rest of the structure (knows Klug, etc)

Of course, the negative would be his record at Coventry. But he kept them up when he first went there and the conditions he was working under were appalling. Russell Slade is in charge there now and doing no better.

All depends on performances not lifting in the next two games though...
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:13]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hmmm on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 1469 viewsGuthrum

Hmmm on 20:25 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Agree.

A loan at all would be dissappointing as this season is over realistically

I wouldn't be. Very good player, decent bloke, be nice to see him at the club again.

And how 'over' are we willing to let our season be, just after the first weekend in January? Do we want to wallow in the misery, or have a decent run and see how far up the table it's possible to get?

If we fell 11 points behind 6th place in half a season, it must be possible to make the gap up in the same length of time. In 2011-12, Birmingham closed a 9-point gap to rise from 12th on New Years Day to 4th in the final table.

It'd take some truly monstrous turnaround for us to emulate them, let alone do better. But you never know ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hmmm on 21:27 - Jan 10 with 1345 viewsMullet

Hmmm on 20:57 - Jan 10 by Reuser_is_God

Similar? There are no similarities.

Not going for it Jan 2015 is one of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made.

How? Who would/should we have signed and for how much? Where would that have left us?

Say we finished 4th and didn't go up how would that rank against say admin? Kevin Phillips? Paul Jewell? The post-Robson collapse?

What exactly would have happened if we spent loads of cash and disrupted the squad? That might lead to poor results and us finishing outside of the playoffs surely?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hmmm on 21:31 - Jan 10 with 1318 viewsJ2BLUE

Hmmm on 21:27 - Jan 10 by Mullet

How? Who would/should we have signed and for how much? Where would that have left us?

Say we finished 4th and didn't go up how would that rank against say admin? Kevin Phillips? Paul Jewell? The post-Robson collapse?

What exactly would have happened if we spent loads of cash and disrupted the squad? That might lead to poor results and us finishing outside of the playoffs surely?

All fair points but in that situation again would you spend? There must be one position you think we could have improved for a reasonable fee and wages?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hmmm on 21:34 - Jan 10 with 1289 viewsReuser_is_God

Hmmm on 20:59 - Jan 10 by Superfrans

If there is anything in this, it would fit in with what I'm increasingly thinking - all speculation, of course, but would make a lot of sense.

Whenever Evans has replaced his manager before, he has usually had someone lined up ready to step in pretty quickly - 1 days break after Magilton, 6 days after Keane, 7 after Jewell. Evans doesn't hang about once he's decided. So, if there is a chance that Blackburn/Lincoln/Huddersfield are key games for McCarthy, Evans will already be planning his next move.

And I can absolutely see the TM being Tony Mowbray. He would tick all the boxes Evans has usually wanted ticked (when he hired Jewell, Keane and McCarthy)
>> been promoted from the Championship before
>> available and free

He also ticks a few additional boxes, which Evans may now believe to be important, given how things have turned against McCarthy.
>> he knows talent in the EPL
>> he is a Town legend of recent vintage and established hero (and probably arrive with Venus)
>> he gets his teams playing passing football.
>> he will fit in with the rest of the structure (knows Klug, etc)

Of course, the negative would be his record at Coventry. But he kept them up when he first went there and the conditions he was working under were appalling. Russell Slade is in charge there now and doing no better.

All depends on performances not lifting in the next two games though...
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:13]

I'm sold, Mogga in.

Evans out

Hmmm on 21:34 - Jan 10 with 1292 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 21:31 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

All fair points but in that situation again would you spend? There must be one position you think we could have improved for a reasonable fee and wages?

Lots of things we'd do differently in hindsight.

Like cook eggs properly....
Hmmm on 21:34 - Jan 10 with 1281 viewsBlueNote

Tony Montana
Hmmm on 21:37 - Jan 10 with 1273 viewsSuperfrans

Hmmm on 21:34 - Jan 10 by Reuser_is_God

I'm sold, Mogga in.

I'm not saying that's what I want. I'm really unsure about him tbh. But he ticks lots of boxes.

And I just don't buy our various reasons for not making any signings so far this window, especially given all the talk before the window and how we got caught out by leaving things late in August.

I reckon Mick's hanging by a thread right now.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hmmm on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 1254 viewsReuser_is_God

Spending cash didn't effect us when we got Stewart.

We were second, on a run of 1 defeat in 20, players of a higher calibre would've walked here to play for us.

Evans out

Hmmm on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 1248 viewsReuser_is_God

Hmmm on 21:37 - Jan 10 by Superfrans

I'm not saying that's what I want. I'm really unsure about him tbh. But he ticks lots of boxes.

And I just don't buy our various reasons for not making any signings so far this window, especially given all the talk before the window and how we got caught out by leaving things late in August.

Totally agree.

Evans out

Hmmm on 21:39 - Jan 10 with 1246 viewsMullet

Hmmm on 21:31 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

I dunno. How much have we got to spend?

A decent centre back for cover to keep the backline going might have seen us win plenty of games and win the league.

The problem is, as with now we're talking about a January window. I'm not sure who was lined up and we missed out on exactly to make the difference.

I think it's more likely that a fitter McGoldrick would have been more impactful, but then we might never have got Bishop in and firing. Plenty of decisions or close games could have fundamentally changed everything either way too.

Hmmm on 21:40 - Jan 10 with 1227 viewsMullet

Hmmm on 21:38 - Jan 10 by Reuser_is_God

Spending cash didn't effect us when we got Stewart.

We were second, on a run of 1 defeat in 20, players of a higher calibre would've walked here to play for us.

But they didn't.

Nor does that really address January 2015.

Hmmm on 21:43 - Jan 10 with 1193 viewsstrikalite

I get what you're saying re disrupting the squad, but the general rule is that you are always trying to strengthen your squad, it doesn't matter who you are, from the very top in football to the very bottom....you should never stop trying to improve..
Agreed. (n/t) on 21:45 - Jan 10 with 1168 viewsBloots

Hmmm on 21:37 - Jan 10 by Superfrans

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024