Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmm 20:12 - Jan 10 with 8235 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now this could be utter utter bulsht

But. One of my lads, his cousin plays for youths and TM is initials running the rounds at the club. Any links have we had?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hmmm on 21:50 - Jan 10 with 1019 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 21:37 - Jan 10 by Superfrans

I'm not saying that's what I want. I'm really unsure about him tbh. But he ticks lots of boxes.

And I just don't buy our various reasons for not making any signings so far this window, especially given all the talk before the window and how we got caught out by leaving things late in August.

I reckon Mick's hanging by a thread right now.

I think as we discussed on Sunday, he is teetering right now. 2 bad results, or even just the Blackburn loss could finish him off.

There is more going on at the top of the club than the smokescreen caused by Milne's comments or Evans' 'plan' as well.

However, a couple of wins could see him stay until the end of the season (at the latest) and see a couple of loans come in or a young/value-laden buy that fits a more pleasing style of play. Saving the bulk of any money for a new manager to reshape the squad

We're not going down, no matter who is in charge and the season has gone.

Mowbray for me is a heart over head appointment, but that may be what Evans needs to get fans back on side for now
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:51]
Hmmm on 21:50 - Jan 10 with 1006 viewsMullet

Hmmm on 21:43 - Jan 10 by strikalite

I get what you're saying re disrupting the squad, but the general rule is that you are always trying to strengthen your squad, it doesn't matter who you are, from the very top in football to the very bottom....you should never stop trying to improve..

But again, did we stop trying to improve?

This received wisdom of we should have spent is fine, but actually it's a bit of a balloon isn't it? What does that actually mean or look like?

Much closer in our history would be someone like Priskin, or more akin to Mick, Parkin perhaps too?

It seems to be a lie, people have told themselves enough as a sort of comfort blanket for the fact we just ran out of steam and fell short. I'd say there's enough in that season without looking at transfers, maybe even post-January to feel aggrieved about on the what-if-ometer without just falling onto the Sky mentality.

Did Murphy's broken nose cost us the league? Did Varney's injury in the first leg disrupt the momentum of the game one or the other to change the result?

You can extrapolate so much from so little, I dunno how something as vague as "spend the money" really works out.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:56]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hmmm on 22:12 - Jan 10 with 920 viewsDennyx4

Hmmm on 20:47 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

But all those figures are untrue though as you've completely ignored the multi-millions spent on loan fees under Mick.

I know that suits the argument, but that is where the money has gone, alomg with the academy and a huge uplift in wages.

You can only spend the money once.

Even this season, Lawrence, Williams and Best will see £2m leave the club in one season

I know it's not on permanent fees, but that's how Mick has chosen to spend his playing budget, not his transfer budget.

I get that these loan signings would be £2m including wages, but we never take into account the fact that we are no longer paying wages to Murphy, Tabb, Fraser, Maitland-Niles, etc

The issue Romford is making is as a fan - why would we ever want a player to be sold, when less than 15% is paid back out on permanent players to improve the first team.
Hmmm on 22:14 - Jan 10 with 915 viewsSuperfrans

Hmmm on 21:50 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

I think as we discussed on Sunday, he is teetering right now. 2 bad results, or even just the Blackburn loss could finish him off.

There is more going on at the top of the club than the smokescreen caused by Milne's comments or Evans' 'plan' as well.

However, a couple of wins could see him stay until the end of the season (at the latest) and see a couple of loans come in or a young/value-laden buy that fits a more pleasing style of play. Saving the bulk of any money for a new manager to reshape the squad

We're not going down, no matter who is in charge and the season has gone.

Mowbray for me is a heart over head appointment, but that may be what Evans needs to get fans back on side for now
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:51]

The other consideration surrounds that five point plan.

While there was no timetable built into it, it clearly wasn't a plan for promotion in the next two years, it is much more of a long term project. For that, Evans needs a manager with a long term future with the club.

He will no doubt have seen the crowd reaction after the past couple of games. If he has reached the conclusion, as many of us have, that like him or not, McCarthy is beyond the point of no return with a large portion of our support, he may feel it makes sense to find someone who can have a decent period of grace, as someone like Mowbray would have - someone who can come in, say that we are going to develop our own kids, bring in youngsters from elsewhere and build a progressive playing style from youth through to first team and be honest and open that this may take 2/3 years, but it will be a team we own, can believe in etc etc.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hmmm on 22:17 - Jan 10 with 888 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 22:12 - Jan 10 by Dennyx4

I get that these loan signings would be £2m including wages, but we never take into account the fact that we are no longer paying wages to Murphy, Tabb, Fraser, Maitland-Niles, etc

The issue Romford is making is as a fan - why would we ever want a player to be sold, when less than 15% is paid back out on permanent players to improve the first team.

Even with those leaving, our wage bill has gone up again this season.

I'm a fan and have been so longer than Romford has been born, so it is frustrating for me too. Sometimes a loan of a higher quality is a better use of funds if we couldn't afford to buy that same person. A tactic used extensively by all those who have gone up.

We've seen a bit of improvement this season with Webster and Ward signed even before Murphy's interest was known. We just have a different approach where nearly £3.5m a year is being spent on the Academy rather than all going on other team's players. That needs to pay off soon, or it is becoming a waste
Hmmm on 22:17 - Jan 10 with 882 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 20:47 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

But all those figures are untrue though as you've completely ignored the multi-millions spent on loan fees under Mick.

I know that suits the argument, but that is where the money has gone, alomg with the academy and a huge uplift in wages.

You can only spend the money once.

Even this season, Lawrence, Williams and Best will see £2m leave the club in one season

I know it's not on permanent fees, but that's how Mick has chosen to spend his playing budget, not his transfer budget.

You're ignoring the fact that we would save money on the wages of players that leave

And PJH Sears becomes seats in auto spell. And I didn't correct it.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hmmm on 22:20 - Jan 10 with 858 viewshadleighboyblue

Hmmm on 20:22 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I heard the their day Mings wants a loan somewhere and preferably here

I assumed it was not gonna happen as mick said a while back it wouldn't. Could he have had a change of heart?

we don't want loans , we want players of our own !!
Hmmm on 22:20 - Jan 10 with 858 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 22:17 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

I'm a fan and have been so longer than Romford has been born, so it is frustrating for me too. Sometimes a loan of a higher quality is a better use of funds if we couldn't afford to buy that same person. A tactic used extensively by all those who have gone up.

We've seen a bit of improvement this season with Webster and Ward signed even before Murphy's interest was known. We just have a different approach where nearly £3.5m a year is being spent on the Academy rather than all going on other team's players. That needs to pay off soon, or it is becoming a waste

'I'm a fan and have been so longer than Romford has been born'

Why is that relevant?

Login to get fewer ads

Hmmm on 22:21 - Jan 10 with 844 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 22:14 - Jan 10 by Superfrans

The other consideration surrounds that five point plan.

While there was no timetable built into it, it clearly wasn't a plan for promotion in the next two years, it is much more of a long term project. For that, Evans needs a manager with a long term future with the club.

He will no doubt have seen the crowd reaction after the past couple of games. If he has reached the conclusion, as many of us have, that like him or not, McCarthy is beyond the point of no return with a large portion of our support, he may feel it makes sense to find someone who can have a decent period of grace, as someone like Mowbray would have - someone who can come in, say that we are going to develop our own kids, bring in youngsters from elsewhere and build a progressive playing style from youth through to first team and be honest and open that this may take 2/3 years, but it will be a team we own, can believe in etc etc.

Yep, agree with all that. And he has heard the complaints and recognised the atmosphere. Even during the QPR game, it was still there when I was talking with him.

He's not as dumb or disconnected as a certain clique like to make out and is very aware of how unpopular MM (and he is) right now and also that people think he should be spending much more.

His problem is we'e heard the long term plan thing before, the most vocal fans don't believe him or have the patience anymore and the richest clubs will continue to spend and pull away in the short-term.

It's going to be a messy few months
Hmmm on 22:22 - Jan 10 with 835 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 22:17 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

You're ignoring the fact that we would save money on the wages of players that leave

And PJH Sears becomes seats in auto spell. And I didn't correct it.

I'm not ignoring it at all. The facts show with those players leaving our wage bill has still gone up.
Hmmm on 22:24 - Jan 10 with 823 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 22:20 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

'I'm a fan and have been so longer than Romford has been born'

Why is that relevant?

It's not. But the insinuation was you care because you're a fan. I was just making the point, so am I and have been for a long while.

A sickness i still can't shake ;)
Hmmm on 22:25 - Jan 10 with 811 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 22:22 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

I'm not ignoring it at all. The facts show with those players leaving our wage bill has still gone up.

And yet, in phila opinion, our wage isn't in the top 10 in the championship as claimed by Milne this season

Although I assume you will say that Milne isn't lying

Hmmm on 22:28 - Jan 10 with 782 viewsDennyx4

Surprises me if the wages have gone up....

We have lost or stopped paying
Parr, Maitland-Niles, Murphy, Fraser, Tabb, Yorwerth, Toure, Oar, Malrczyk.

and replaced with
Webster, Ward, Lawrence, Best, Grant and Williams

Don't think I have missed anyone (9 out of the first team squad and 6 in) - one left now.

The team and the squad appear to be getting weaker each time we sell a player or each season.

I too have been a fan for longer than Romford has been born, but I can understand his frustration - especially not having seen any of the good years.
Hmmm on 22:28 - Jan 10 with 782 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 22:24 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

It's not. But the insinuation was you care because you're a fan. I was just making the point, so am I and have been for a long while.

A sickness i still can't shake ;)

But we all care

I don't get why you are making it about my age? It's absolutely irrelevant.

You care. I care. Everyone cares.

But my opinion is that we don't spend money we get on transfers into permanent fees.

Hmmm on 22:28 - Jan 10 with 766 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 22:28 - Jan 10 by Dennyx4

Surprises me if the wages have gone up....

We have lost or stopped paying
Parr, Maitland-Niles, Murphy, Fraser, Tabb, Yorwerth, Toure, Oar, Malrczyk.

and replaced with
Webster, Ward, Lawrence, Best, Grant and Williams

Don't think I have missed anyone (9 out of the first team squad and 6 in) - one left now.

The team and the squad appear to be getting weaker each time we sell a player or each season.

I too have been a fan for longer than Romford has been born, but I can understand his frustration - especially not having seen any of the good years.

Well said

Hmmm on 22:30 - Jan 10 with 745 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 22:28 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Well said

Well said, but wrong. The accounts prove they have risen every year Mick has been here and Milne has already said the wage bill for this year will be 15% higher than last season.

Money mostly wasted, but it's been spent. More players have left than have come in, but those that arrive are on more money than those that left.

Plus we've given new contracts to senior players which are costing a lot more too
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 22:34]
Hmmm on 22:31 - Jan 10 with 733 viewsSuperfrans

The wage bill increase from the financials published before Christmas? The cut off for those was June 2016.

If you mean the claim made by IM? That's worth the very paper it wasn't written on.

Hmmm on 22:32 - Jan 10 with 728 viewsElderGrizzly

But we all care

I don't get why you are making it about my age? It's absolutely irrelevant.

You care. I care. Everyone cares.

But my opinion is that we don't spend money we get on transfers into permanent fees.

That's not an opinion, but a fact. We don't spend it all on transfer fees, but we spend the same money on other things. That's my point, its not that we aren't spending it at all.

I didn't bring you into it, someone else did. It's not all about you :)
Hmmm on 22:35 - Jan 10 with 704 viewsSuperfrans

Well said

I think we should adopt the "Romford" as a new unit of time. I think I've probably been alive for around two-and-half Romfords, and following Town for more than two of those.

Oh, and I was born in the Essex town called Romford too. Oldchurch Hospital.

😉

Hmmm on 22:36 - Jan 10 with 689 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 22:31 - Jan 10 by Superfrans

The wage bill increase from the financials published before Christmas? The cut off for those was June 2016.

If you mean the claim made by IM? That's worth the very paper it wasn't written on.

Yep realise when they were cut off. It's rather silly to lie about it though, as it will be in the accounts in 12 months.

But yes, he is predicting the wage bill will be 15% higher than at the end of last season.
Hmmm on 22:37 - Jan 10 with 675 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 22:30 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

Well said, but wrong. The accounts prove they have risen every year Mick has been here and Milne has already said the wage bill for this year will be 15% higher than last season.

Money mostly wasted, but it's been spent. More players have left than have come in, but those that arrive are on more money than those that left.

Plus we've given new contracts to senior players which are costing a lot more too
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 22:34]

You believe Milnes claims. Well that's the least shocking thing ever.

Even Phil has stated on here he doesn't believe Milnes claims that we have a top 10 wage.

Hmmm on 22:38 - Jan 10 with 665 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 22:36 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

Yep realise when they were cut off. It's rather silly to lie about it though, as it will be in the accounts in 12 months.

But yes, he is predicting the wage bill will be 15% higher than at the end of last season.

HE'S BULLSH1TTING

Hmmm on 22:41 - Jan 10 with 651 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm on 22:37 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

You believe Milnes claims. Well that's the least shocking thing ever.

Even Phil has stated on here he doesn't believe Milnes claims that we have a top 10 wage.

I've not said we have a Top 10 wage though. I've just said our wage bill has increased, which the accounts will prove in 12 months.

Milne does spin some things, that's his job, but it's rather cringeworthy to see the vitriol you have for someone (Milne) much closer to the truth of our finances than you are

I'll bookmark the post and we'll look at the accounts in 12 months.

You appear to be slowly turning into a mini-taximan which is rather sad. You're better than that. Get some sleep and calm down a bit :)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 22:44]
Hmmm on 22:48 - Jan 10 with 590 viewsgtsb1966

Hmmm on 22:38 - Jan 10 by The_Romford_Blue

HE'S BULLSH1TTING

Chill. You seem to be spending far to much time on here that you've actually developed a habit of thinking you are right about everything lately.Take a step back young man.
Hmmm on 22:52 - Jan 10 with 570 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hmmm on 22:48 - Jan 10 by gtsb1966

Chill. You seem to be spending far to much time on here that you've actually developed a habit of thinking you are right about everything lately.Take a step back young man.

I am chilled. Why do people say that? Of course I'm chilled. It's only MER and he hasn't said anything offensive. We are just debating a topic. Both adults.

I don't think I've done that at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024