Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal 13:36 - Jan 15 with 3281 viewsDolly2.0

Lawrence's wonder strike bent and dipped so wickedly that I initially thought it was going wide or over. In fact in that split second I thought he was mad to shoot from there and that he'd wasted it, with passing options on. Couldn't quite believe my eyes when the net bulged. It seemed to defy the laws of physics!

He was already my man of the match before that strike. Absolutely unplayable at times, buzzing about the pitch like his life depended on it. One thing I noticed, that you don't see with many of our own players, is that he seemed to be enjoying himself. This wasn't work, this was fun. He had a swagger about him.

Lovely to watch but also tinged with sadness that he'll never be ours and we're just developing him for Leicester.

Let's hope Dozzell can be a bit like that. He showed a few signs of it himself; for example I remember a nice little drop of the shoulder from him to fool an opponent. He also buzzes about the pitch. I've missed a few games lately but he was excellent yesterday. The system seemed to suit him and I didn't notice this "lightweight" tag affecting him too much.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 13:47 - Jan 15 with 2515 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 13:52 - Jan 15 with 2484 viewsIllinoisblue

Apart from the strike, it was great to see four blue shirts going at four red defenders.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:09 - Jan 15 with 2417 viewsDolly2.0

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 13:47 - Jan 15 by Bloots

Eh?

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:12 - Jan 15 with 2400 viewsoldbluestu

Ive looked at a reply of the goal a few times and it's still not clear if it did get a deflection
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 14:12 - Jan 15 with 2397 viewsGuthrum

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 13:52 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

Apart from the strike, it was great to see four blue shirts going at four red defenders.

That's a massive change from something I've been grumbling about for most of the season - unsupported, isolated attackers being crowded off the ball or unable to get a shot away.

If nothing else, it provides the space and gaps for Lawrence to display his marksmanship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:17 - Jan 15 with 2382 viewsolimar

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:12 - Jan 15 by oldbluestu

Ive looked at a reply of the goal a few times and it's still not clear if it did get a deflection

Im with Dolly- I was in SBR Upper and when he hit it, my initial reaction was the same, that it was a wild effort when we had other players in good positions. Then it just dipped and went just under the crossbar. A deflection didnt seem apparent at the time, when right behind it.

He also tried to put dip on his free kick right at the end and got it really wrong.
Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:19 - Jan 15 with 2366 viewsDolly2.0

I didn't notice one at the time and Phil's match report doesn't mention one, but I see on the highlights how it could've been. As you say, not exactly clear.

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 2286 viewsGuthrum

Low-flying cloud just in front of the goal. Doesn't show up well on camera.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 13:30 - Jan 16 with 1963 viewsDBaldy

Fantastic goal, but does look like it took a deflection on the way. Would explain why the keeper was rooted to the spot too.

I remember years ago Darren Ambrose scored what looked like a great goal from outside the box on the left, but TV replays showed that took a reasonable deflection. Same thing here I think.
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 13:34 - Jan 16 with 1922 viewsVic

Great to have young Dozzer in the same team as someone like this. It can surely only serve as an inspiration to him and help develop him faster than otherwise he would.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 13:44 - Jan 16 with 1883 viewsITFC_Forever

We thought the same - it took a second to compute that the ball was actually in the net, as it was clearly heading over until the last second dip.

I've seen the replay numerous times and it's hard to tell if it takes a deflection or not.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:14 - Jan 16 with 1808 viewstractorian

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:27 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

Low-flying cloud just in front of the goal. Doesn't show up well on camera.

No, it bounced off that temperature inversion I posted about a couple of weeks ago.
Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 14:31 - Jan 16 with 1778 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Glad it's not just me that had difficulty working that out from the replays! The flight does look a little bit odd to say it definitely didn't get one. But that's the viewing angle for you - would presume folks in the SBR saw it a bit better than TV cameras could!
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 14:36 - Jan 16 with 1757 viewsSteve_M

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 13:44 - Jan 16 by ITFC_Forever

We thought the same - it took a second to compute that the ball was actually in the net, as it was clearly heading over until the last second dip.

I've seen the replay numerous times and it's hard to tell if it takes a deflection or not.

The last goal I saw dip like that at that end was Cresswell against Palace. Neither looked in when the shot was taken and Emmanuel would have been the better option nine times out of ten....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 14:53 - Jan 16 with 1697 viewsMuncher

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 13:44 - Jan 16 by ITFC_Forever

I was right being it and I'm pretty sure it didn't take any kind of deflection.
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 15:00 - Jan 16 with 1649 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I remember a similar thing happening sat behind the goal at the City Ground when Lewis McGugan thumped a worldy of a free kick into the top bin.

Not sure who was in goal for us that day (ALB or Fulop I think) didn't move til it hit the net.
Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 18:25 - Jan 16 with 1503 viewsBenters

This

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 20:19 - Jan 16 with 1413 viewsPilgrimblue

I'm just hoping that Tom will lead others (Sears Ward Dozzell) to believe they can follow and take on defenders and shoot more readily. Perhaps Skuse could take note!
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 20:29 - Jan 16 with 1381 viewsRocky

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 14:53 - Jan 16 by Muncher

I was right being it and I'm pretty sure it didn't take any kind of deflection.

Seen it a few times and I've never seen a shot suddenly dip or highten like that one unless a deflection was involved - or you're playing with a lighter ball at Mexico-type altitude! Must be a deflection and the camera angle has fooled us all.
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 23:15 - Jan 16 with 1267 viewsN2_Blue

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 20:29 - Jan 16 by Rocky

Seen it a few times and I've never seen a shot suddenly dip or highten like that one unless a deflection was involved - or you're playing with a lighter ball at Mexico-type altitude! Must be a deflection and the camera angle has fooled us all.

I was right in line with the goal at the back of SBR lower and personally don't think it took a deflection. I've seen the replays too and while it could be debated there is a deflection i just just think it it is the trajectory of the shot and how Lawrence hit it. Best long range goal I've seen at Portman Road I think

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 23:23 - Jan 16 with 1247 viewsSuffolktractor

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 23:15 - Jan 16 by N2_Blue

I was right in line with the goal at the back of SBR lower and personally don't think it took a deflection. I've seen the replays too and while it could be debated there is a deflection i just just think it it is the trajectory of the shot and how Lawrence hit it. Best long range goal I've seen at Portman Road I think

In SBR upper, no deflection from where I was. Ball dipping and swerving like mad, but the shear pace of the shot was unbelievable.
Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 23:23 - Jan 16 with 1246 viewsbournemouthblue

On replays it did look like it took one

From behind in the North Stand though, it didn't look like it had done so. It seemed to swerve impossibly into the top corner.

I couldn't believe he'd taken the shot on.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 23:39 - Jan 16 with 1223 viewsflashblue

There's no debate. The ball changes trajectory as it hits the defender. Definitely a deflection. Not sure how anyone can think not after seeing the replay. I accept that in the heat of the moment and especially from behind the goal it would not be noticeable.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 00:06 - Jan 17 with 1193 viewsDolly2.0

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 23:39 - Jan 16 by flashblue

There's no debate. The ball changes trajectory as it hits the defender. Definitely a deflection. Not sure how anyone can think not after seeing the replay. I accept that in the heat of the moment and especially from behind the goal it would not be noticeable.

What do you mean there's no debate? You're in a debate. People who were there, and have seen it on the replays, still aren't sure!

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 00:13 - Jan 17 with 1181 viewsDolly2.0

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 18:25 - Jan 16 by Benters

This

As someone who I know didn't go, why are you so sure it was deflected? The TV is clearly unclear. And why, when you can't be sure, would you err on the side of fluke?

Try as I might, I really don't understand you at times Monsieur Benterloons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024