Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? 10:51 - Jan 25 with 12503 viewsMattinLondon

For example the name of the stadium, the clubs nickname etc.

For me I would change the kit from blue to a colour which few other teams wear. Personally I would change it to purple as I think that too many teams wear blue.
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:06 - Jan 25 with 2382 viewstractaboy

Injured a few of the Villa players in the early part of 1982............
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:08 - Jan 25 with 2380 viewsRadlett_blue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 13:08 - Jan 25 by TractorWood

Yes should have been a smaller one tier Kop. I know there was some issues with regards to space at the back of the North, but make it as big as possible would have been my answer.

It would have made no sense as an expanded single tier stand as it wouldn't have added enough to capacity to justify the expense. Agree that making it 2 tiers has had a bad impact on atmosphere.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:18 - Jan 25 with 2357 viewsRadlett_blue

1. I would have kidnapped Clive Thomas before the 1975 FA Cup semi final replay.
2. I would not have allowed Roy Keane anywhere near our club.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:29 - Jan 25 with 2336 viewsPJH

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:06 - Jan 25 by tractaboy

Doing that in early 1981 might have done ITFC more good.
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:32 - Jan 25 with 2312 viewstractaboy

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:29 - Jan 25 by PJH

Doing that in early 1981 might have done ITFC more good.

Bug5er, so long ago I can't even get the right date!
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 2306 viewsSuperfrans

I'd make us play quidditch, flying around in the air, rather than football.

[Cue sarcastic comments about long aimless balls into the air...]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:30 - Jan 25 with 2203 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:02 - Jan 25 by MattinLondon

I would welcome him back with open arms.

Why? He was all pish and wind. A better spinner than shane warne. The plummy tosser was a complete fraud who took us in administration and blamed burley, itv digital, the weather....

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:36 - Jan 25 with 2188 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:06 - Jan 25 by tractaboy

That may have helped Bayern.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:40 - Jan 25 with 2176 viewsSibelius8

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 10:53 - Jan 25 by hoppy

I'd have got the right Ferguson in after Sir Bobby went to England, you know, that one from wee little Aberdeen...

Alex Ferguson was on our books during SBR's time here, and after. We had the best pitch in the league as a result. (or do you mean some foreign manager or other.....)
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:58 - Jan 25 with 2145 viewsArnieM

I would gave declined our entry into the UEFA via the Fair Play award during our 2nd season in thd PL.

Because if we hadn't been chasing round Europe in this competition instead of preparing for the next PL game we might never have been relegated that season. We didn't have the squad to cope with the number if games in both competitions.

Even one of the Town players said they would arrive back at PR late on the Thurs , knackered from all the travelling and had literally 24 hrs to prepare for the next domestic game. It cost us big time.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:00 - Jan 25 with 2135 viewshoppy

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:40 - Jan 25 by Sibelius8

Alex Ferguson was on our books during SBR's time here, and after. We had the best pitch in the league as a result. (or do you mean some foreign manager or other.....)

You're thinking of Alan.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:02 - Jan 25 with 2120 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:58 - Jan 25 by ArnieM

I would gave declined our entry into the UEFA via the Fair Play award during our 2nd season in thd PL.

Because if we hadn't been chasing round Europe in this competition instead of preparing for the next PL game we might never have been relegated that season. We didn't have the squad to cope with the number if games in both competitions.

Even one of the Town players said they would arrive back at PR late on the Thurs , knackered from all the travelling and had literally 24 hrs to prepare for the next domestic game. It cost us big time.

The Fair play award was for the following season.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:02 - Jan 25 with 2116 viewsm14_blue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 14:35 - Jan 25 by Superfrans

I'd make us play quidditch, flying around in the air, rather than football.

[Cue sarcastic comments about long aimless balls into the air...]

I reckon Skuglas would be first class beaters.

Not sure we'd score enough though....
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:03 - Jan 25 with 2097 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:00 - Jan 25 by hoppy

You're thinking of Alan.

And the groundsman in SBR's time would have been the brilliantly named Stanley Prendergast.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:05 - Jan 25 with 2081 viewshoppy

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:03 - Jan 25 by gainsboroughblue

And the groundsman in SBR's time would have been the brilliantly named Stanley Prendergast.

Was he just mispronouncing Stanley Tend the grass?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:24 - Jan 25 with 2025 viewsSibelius8

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:03 - Jan 25 by gainsboroughblue

Yes, you are probably correct. Sorry.
Alan Prendergast was a classmate of my father, and his friend. He had a club foot and could kick a goal kick, as a goalie in his youth, for miles! My father always praised him as a hard-working and devoted ITFC employee.
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:25 - Jan 25 with 2024 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Go back to 17th January 2017, play fantastic football against Lincoln, win 6-1 and erase the worst result in our great club's history!
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:42 - Jan 25 with 1998 viewsLord_Lucan

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:58 - Jan 25 by ArnieM

Bit like not bothering with the FA Cup then.

How come tennis players can play hours a game every other day? On their own. No passing and hiding. Look at our old decent lads, most of them played over 50 games a season on sh1tty boggy pitches and done ok, and they managed a well deserved fag after. Modern footballers, managers, directors, fans, bar staff, turnstile operators, evening star sellers with those stupid prize bags, coppers, half and half scarf tossers, bearded tw4ts, stewards, booing idiots, concrete steps, women at football, seats, bloody fat people with drums, Soi 6, non boiled burgers and onions, PA goons, expert analysis buffons, 6 minutes of extra time referee w4nkers, fourth officials, coloured football boots, individual showers, halluciagenic goalkeepers, football phone ins with people that didnt go, tutting idiots et al are all a load of spunky spunky w4nk w4nks. IMHO of course.

Boo to Sky TV, modern football, and all that sail in her.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 0:21]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:54 - Jan 25 with 1969 viewsericclacton

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 23:42 - Jan 25 by Lord_Lucan

Bit like not bothering with the FA Cup then.

How come tennis players can play hours a game every other day? On their own. No passing and hiding. Look at our old decent lads, most of them played over 50 games a season on sh1tty boggy pitches and done ok, and they managed a well deserved fag after. Modern footballers, managers, directors, fans, bar staff, turnstile operators, evening star sellers with those stupid prize bags, coppers, half and half scarf tossers, bearded tw4ts, stewards, booing idiots, concrete steps, women at football, seats, bloody fat people with drums, Soi 6, non boiled burgers and onions, PA goons, expert analysis buffons, 6 minutes of extra time referee w4nkers, fourth officials, coloured football boots, individual showers, halluciagenic goalkeepers, football phone ins with people that didnt go, tutting idiots et al are all a load of spunky spunky w4nk w4nks. IMHO of course.

Boo to Sky TV, modern football, and all that sail in her.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 0:21]

Brilliant my Lord.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:22 - Jan 26 with 1918 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Summer of 1982, appoint Alex Ferguson as a manager, or at least make a serious attempt to tempt him to the club.

If he turns it down, David Pleat would have been great.

Summer 2001: do not sell James Scowcroft, a player central to the way we played. Instead buy a top defender to replace the ageing legs of Mark Venus.

April 2009: Do not sack Jim. Magilton and replace him with Roy Keane. Jim should have been given another season.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:24 - Jan 26 with 1907 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:05 - Jan 25 by Steve_M

Sign Mart Poom in Summer 2001.

It was a done deal but Derby pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute as the deal they had in place for a keeper fell through.

We therefore panicked and signed Sereni.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:25 - Jan 26 with 1897 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:48 - Jan 25 by Illinoisblue

Rebuilt the North stand as a one tier stand

Couldn't be done as there was a lack of space behind the stand to build. I agree with you though.

I miss the old North Stand, was great and the new one has never taken fire in the second way, apart from a few matches.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:28 - Jan 26 with 1881 viewsParisBlue

Move it to somewhere geographically more convenient for me to get to.

I'm also convinced the main reason we got relegated in 2002 (Andy Marshall aside) was because the kit was the wrong shade of blue.

In the mid 90's I'd also have moved the goalposts a few inches to the left as we kept hitting the post.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:38 - Jan 26 with 1871 viewsLord_Lucan

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:24 - Jan 26 by The_Last_Baron

It was a done deal but Derby pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute as the deal they had in place for a keeper fell through.

We therefore panicked and signed Sereni.

Sorry mate but that is completely not the case. We signed Andy Marshall as no 1 and Burleys jaw hit the fecking ground when he saw him in training and then panic buyed Sereni (arguably our most talented keeper of all time but let's not drag that one up again)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:56 - Jan 26 with 1852 viewsWeWereZombies

I was going to suggest ambush Sereni on his way to signing for us and find a trench that was about to have a load of readymix poured into it but one or two posters are going to have a problem with that...
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 9:39]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024