Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? 10:51 - Jan 25 with 12504 viewsMattinLondon

For example the name of the stadium, the clubs nickname etc.

For me I would change the kit from blue to a colour which few other teams wear. Personally I would change it to purple as I think that too many teams wear blue.
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 03:21 - Jan 26 with 2886 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:38 - Jan 26 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry mate but that is completely not the case. We signed Andy Marshall as no 1 and Burleys jaw hit the fecking ground when he saw him in training and then panic buyed Sereni (arguably our most talented keeper of all time but let's not drag that one up again)

Burley told me himself the deal for Poom was pretty much done and dusted. You're right about his concerns regarding Marshall.

Marshall was signed a few weeks before the Poom deal was discussed. £5million. If you see George around Town ask him and he will tell you exactly the same as I wrote earlier. A few days after the Poom deal collapsed we signed Sereni.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 03:23 - Jan 26 with 2882 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 00:38 - Jan 26 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry mate but that is completely not the case. We signed Andy Marshall as no 1 and Burleys jaw hit the fecking ground when he saw him in training and then panic buyed Sereni (arguably our most talented keeper of all time but let's not drag that one up again)

Did you know that Sereni pocketed £2.4million when he joined us? He got half the transfer fee as Sampdoria were so broke they were desperate to get rid of him. A deal we should never have done.

He was on £30,000 a week as well. Crazy for 2001.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 05:11 - Jan 26 with 2864 viewsLord_Lucan

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 03:21 - Jan 26 by The_Last_Baron

Burley told me himself the deal for Poom was pretty much done and dusted. You're right about his concerns regarding Marshall.

Marshall was signed a few weeks before the Poom deal was discussed. £5million. If you see George around Town ask him and he will tell you exactly the same as I wrote earlier. A few days after the Poom deal collapsed we signed Sereni.

I didn't know the Poom deal was that close to be honest. It's a shame because I clearly remember at the time I wanted us to sign him.

I probably won't ask George about it because he's one of the players I grew up with that I really haven't had the chance to speak with much and I hear on the definite info front that he's a bit of a miserable sod.

What blew the Poom deal out of the water?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 05:46 - Jan 26 with 2853 viewsernie

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:30 - Jan 25 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Why? He was all pish and wind. A better spinner than shane warne. The plummy tosser was a complete fraud who took us in administration and blamed burley, itv digital, the weather....

Rubbish. Sheepshanks had genuine passion for the club and his carefully thought out five year plan was what got us promotion in 00' after years of careful management and not extending ourselves. An inauspicious combination of factors contrived to get us in administration after a relegation that could have been avoided and was maybe guilty of looking too far ahead with the stands
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 06:11 - Jan 26 with 2834 viewsKeaneish

1 - Phone the FA and claim we couldn't field a squad due to an outbreak of illness ahead of the 9-0 drubbing at Old Trafford.

2 - Never sell Jordan Rhodes.

3 - Blackmail Finidi George into leaving our club straight after his only decent game against Derby instead of hanging out and draining our resources for a further 2 or 3 years.

4 - Steal Christian Vieri's boots ahead of the second leg in the San Siro and replace them with flippers.

5 - Issue a David Nugent Voodoo doll to every supporter in the ground pre every game he turns up.

6 - Make Marcus Stewart 25 years old when we signed him.

7 - Never allow Bobby Robson to have released Paul Gascoigne from his trial and got him to nurture him out of his home sickness.

8 - Employ Bobby Robson alongside Jim Magilton to see out the rest of his days at our club and not allow him to suffer the injustice at the hands of Freddie Sheppard.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 07:16 - Jan 26 with 2800 viewswitchdoctor

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 13:42 - Jan 25 by ASAx

A controversial one perhaps, but I'd have us just miss out on Europe in 2000/01.

I think we'd have retained our Premier League status without the distraction of Europe. We'd have missed out on Inter, one of the best nights I've seen at Portman Road, but it would possible have also cancelled out some of the most boring matches I have ever seen in the last 15 years.

oh dear...how wrong can one post be?...
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 07:20 - Jan 26 with 2794 viewswitchdoctor

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 05:46 - Jan 26 by ernie

Rubbish. Sheepshanks had genuine passion for the club and his carefully thought out five year plan was what got us promotion in 00' after years of careful management and not extending ourselves. An inauspicious combination of factors contrived to get us in administration after a relegation that could have been avoided and was maybe guilty of looking too far ahead with the stands

well he certainly had a passion for rinsing the club...he screwed us just like he'd done with previous local buisnesses he'd been involved in....everyone talks about the collapse of the tv deal....well it was the same for every other club and they didn't end up in the financial mess that Smuggy got us in to...
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 08:10 - Jan 26 with 2776 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Selling Richard Wright when we did. I don't think we would have got relegated that season if we had kept him. All the club's current woes stem from that relegation imo

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 08:54 - Jan 26 with 2755 viewsblueconscience

I would go back and change the investment levels of that January we were second behind Bournemouth

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:01 - Jan 26 with 2744 viewsFrimleyBlue

Id have kept marcus stewart away from training 'that' day.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:17 - Jan 26 with 2721 viewsRadlett_blue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 08:10 - Jan 26 by southnorfolkblue

Selling Richard Wright when we did. I don't think we would have got relegated that season if we had kept him. All the club's current woes stem from that relegation imo

Wright wanted to go 12 months before. We were desperate to keep him so offered him a contract which had a clause which allowed him to be sold if certain named clubs bid £2m. By the time he went, we had no choice.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:42 - Jan 26 with 2687 viewsoldbluestu

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 05:46 - Jan 26 by ernie

I still smile at that wonderful 5 year plan, promotion, relegation, administration.
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:47 - Jan 26 with 2682 viewsWeWereZombies

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 06:11 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

1 - Phone the FA and claim we couldn't field a squad due to an outbreak of illness ahead of the 9-0 drubbing at Old Trafford.

2 - Never sell Jordan Rhodes.

3 - Blackmail Finidi George into leaving our club straight after his only decent game against Derby instead of hanging out and draining our resources for a further 2 or 3 years.

4 - Steal Christian Vieri's boots ahead of the second leg in the San Siro and replace them with flippers.

5 - Issue a David Nugent Voodoo doll to every supporter in the ground pre every game he turns up.

6 - Make Marcus Stewart 25 years old when we signed him.

7 - Never allow Bobby Robson to have released Paul Gascoigne from his trial and got him to nurture him out of his home sickness.

8 - Employ Bobby Robson alongside Jim Magilton to see out the rest of his days at our club and not allow him to suffer the injustice at the hands of Freddie Sheppard.

Disagree on Finidi George as I think he had a number of good games for us, one against Sunderland stands out in particular.

Agree on Paul Gascoigne though and would add a 9. Get Kevin Phillips in the office an hour earlier and see him actually sign for us.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:48 - Jan 26 with 2682 viewsRadlett_blue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:42 - Jan 26 by oldbluestu

I still smile at that wonderful 5 year plan, promotion, relegation, administration.

"5 year plans" are all b/s as they are dependent on achieving success on the pitch & everyone knows how hard that is to do.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:52 - Jan 26 with 2675 viewsSteve_M

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 22:58 - Jan 25 by ArnieM

I would gave declined our entry into the UEFA via the Fair Play award during our 2nd season in thd PL.

Because if we hadn't been chasing round Europe in this competition instead of preparing for the next PL game we might never have been relegated that season. We didn't have the squad to cope with the number if games in both competitions.

Even one of the Town players said they would arrive back at PR late on the Thurs , knackered from all the travelling and had literally 24 hrs to prepare for the next domestic game. It cost us big time.

We didn't get into Europe through the fair play award that season; we did by finishing fifth in the league.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:56 - Jan 26 with 2663 viewsWeWereZombies

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:52 - Jan 26 by Steve_M

We didn't get into Europe through the fair play award that season; we did by finishing fifth in the league.

I think ArnieM means that we were in Europe in the second season (because we finished fifth) but then did another season in Europe, after we were relegated, because our second season saw us win the fair play league - and relegation.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 10:12 - Jan 26 with 2648 viewsArnieM

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 09:56 - Jan 26 by WeWereZombies

I think ArnieM means that we were in Europe in the second season (because we finished fifth) but then did another season in Europe, after we were relegated, because our second season saw us win the fair play league - and relegation.

Yes I did mean that.....it definately helped cotribute to our relegation. Just got the circumstances on European entry mixed up thats all

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 11:48 - Jan 26 with 2617 viewsBanburyBlue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 13:56 - Jan 25 by HKitfc

1. Not build the Pioneer stand.
2. Hire the right Ferguson after Robson left.

That is spot on. The Pioneer was the reason the players went and probably why Bobby F failed.

Banbury Blue Back in Town

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:02 - Jan 26 with 2606 viewshochiblue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 11:48 - Jan 26 by BanburyBlue

That is spot on. The Pioneer was the reason the players went and probably why Bobby F failed.

More recently, I think I'd rather Sullivan and Gold hadn't looked at us and then walked away. I think we'd be better off by a distance than we are now. Possibly because they understand football, and don't ask 'Arry for advice.
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:27 - Jan 26 with 2587 viewsoldbluestu

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 11:48 - Jan 26 by BanburyBlue

I think you'll find most of the players left because of Bobby F, great coach but not a manager,
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:29 - Jan 26 with 2586 viewsmonytowbray

I'd change where I was born to Chelsea.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:54 - Jan 26 with 2563 viewsoldbluestu

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:29 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

I'd change where I was born to Chelsea.

You want to be a Fulham fan?
If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 13:14 - Jan 26 with 2543 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 05:11 - Jan 26 by Lord_Lucan

I didn't know the Poom deal was that close to be honest. It's a shame because I clearly remember at the time I wanted us to sign him.

I probably won't ask George about it because he's one of the players I grew up with that I really haven't had the chance to speak with much and I hear on the definite info front that he's a bit of a miserable sod.

What blew the Poom deal out of the water?

The deal for a replacement keeper that Derby had lined up fell through. So Derby pulled the plug.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 13:15 - Jan 26 with 2540 viewsRadlett_blue

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 12:27 - Jan 26 by oldbluestu

I think you'll find most of the players left because of Bobby F, great coach but not a manager,

I disagree with both. Players of a certain age realised they could earn a lot more elsewhere & wanted to leave. While it was pre-Bosman, it still didn't really make sense to keep unhappy players.

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 13:15 - Jan 26 with 2540 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If you could go back in time and change one thing about ITFC what would it be? on 08:10 - Jan 26 by southnorfolkblue

We had to sell. Arsenal invoked a clause in his contract.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024