Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... 17:25 - Jan 29 with 19915 viewsunstableblue

.. against his proposed State visit to the UK...

Not because of his Muslim ban, not because of his wall and stupid policies against Mexico, not because its awkward for the royal family with his climate denial, not because warmth to russia, not because of his support of torture...

... but he is a classless idiot who thinks being treated like a royal dignatary will give him a stamp of class which he longs for...

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

750,000 people and counting
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 22:35]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:14 - Jan 29 with 2080 viewsGlasgowBlue

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:10 - Jan 29 by jeera

People sometimes feel more strongly about some things than others.

That's fair donut.

I find it odd that some people feel more strongly about somebody who so far has killed nobody than they do somebody who is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths abroad, persecuted homosexuals in his country and has opposition politiand locked up.

It's a funny old world.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:24 - Jan 29 with 2073 viewsconnorscontract

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:07 - Jan 29 by GlasgowBlue

Glasgow in asking for some consistency.

Oh come on. Have some standards, man. You're are being a Trump-apologist at a couple of steps remove.

He's not a Tory. He's not even a proper Republican. You don't need to defend him.

What's the Refugee Council's position on this?

Edit: I've just read the rest of the thread where you do indeed post in a way that's more consistent with your commitment to a humanitarian response to the refugee crisis... I just don't get why you tried to score points as an initial response when Trump and you are poles apart on this.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 0:05]
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:25 - Jan 29 with 2080 viewsAnthony_Carmichael

Just out of curiosity give me an up arrow if you are against the following countries not allowing Israeli citizens (jews) from entering their countries.

Algeria
Libya
Sudan
Somalia
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Lebanon
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Iran
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Malaysia
Brunei

If you are 'offended' by this post please give me a valid reason why this is any different to Donald Trump's plan and also link me into a previous post you have made on twtd in which you have raised this issue and raised offence to the above countries behaviour ...
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 22:27]
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:28 - Jan 29 with 2051 viewsjeera

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:14 - Jan 29 by GlasgowBlue

I find it odd that some people feel more strongly about somebody who so far has killed nobody than they do somebody who is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths abroad, persecuted homosexuals in his country and has opposition politiand locked up.

It's a funny old world.

I don't think they do buddy, I'd say its more simply what's at the forefront of our minds at the time.

Come on, some things grab our attention more than others and at certain times.

My head can be in the sand for months at a time if I'm otherwise distracted. That's how it is.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:31 - Jan 29 with 2028 viewsjeera

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:25 - Jan 29 by Anthony_Carmichael

Just out of curiosity give me an up arrow if you are against the following countries not allowing Israeli citizens (jews) from entering their countries.

Algeria
Libya
Sudan
Somalia
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Lebanon
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Iran
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Malaysia
Brunei

If you are 'offended' by this post please give me a valid reason why this is any different to Donald Trump's plan and also link me into a previous post you have made on twtd in which you have raised this issue and raised offence to the above countries behaviour ...

So someone has to post on every subject or their views aren't valid?

How do you feel about those countries you list then?

Are you suggesting you believe their collective stance to be acceptable?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:42 - Jan 29 with 1999 viewsAnthony_Carmichael

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:31 - Jan 29 by jeera

I think their stance is deplorable. However, I listed 14 countries there and I've never heard one of you lot b1tch and cry like you have done over Donald trump about this, yet it's exactly the same.

I guess it's because the 'victims' in trumps plan are muslims, which is why everyone's so offended. Fock the Jews. Let's just do all we can to bend over backwards and take it up the wrong'un from Muslims, who we are absolutely petrified to offend.

You lot are an absolute joke
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:44 - Jan 29 with 1982 viewsjeera

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:42 - Jan 29 by Anthony_Carmichael

I think their stance is deplorable. However, I listed 14 countries there and I've never heard one of you lot b1tch and cry like you have done over Donald trump about this, yet it's exactly the same.

I guess it's because the 'victims' in trumps plan are muslims, which is why everyone's so offended. Fock the Jews. Let's just do all we can to bend over backwards and take it up the wrong'un from Muslims, who we are absolutely petrified to offend.

You lot are an absolute joke

"You lot'.

You've just made everything you say invalid as far as I'm concerned.

You sound like an idiot.

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:49 - Jan 29 with 1974 viewsWeWereZombies

800,000 now - know it is unlikely to have any real effect but provides a crumb of comfort in these rancid times...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:51 - Jan 29 with 1965 viewsAnthony_Carmichael

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:44 - Jan 29 by jeera

"You lot'.

You've just made everything you say invalid as far as I'm concerned.

You sound like an idiot.

I take it you have absolutely no answer to the questions I raised then.

You think that pulling me up on my use of the phrase 'you lot' wins you the argument?

Go to bed. Leave this to BlueBadger
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... (n/t) on 23:12 - Jan 29 with 1915 viewsRaedwald_625

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:31 - Jan 29 by jeera

[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 23:13]
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:17 - Jan 29 with 1911 viewsRaedwald_625

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 22:25 - Jan 29 by Anthony_Carmichael

Algeria
Libya
Sudan
Somalia
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Lebanon
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Iran
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Malaysia
Brunei

You're not pointing out certain posters' reactionary hypocrisy, are you now?

Difficult eh?
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:22 - Jan 29 with 1905 viewsAdmiralFunge

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:17 - Jan 29 by Raedwald_625

You're not pointing out certain posters' reactionary hypocrisy, are you now?

Difficult eh?

Off the very top of my head, the Saudis have been criticised on several occasions by various bed-wetting lefties over the last few months.

It's 1120 on Sunday night tho, so you'll forgive me if I don't indulge man Carmichael's request to link to said posts; I acknowledge that failure to do so will somehow wholly validate his argument.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:32 - Jan 29 with 1889 viewsRaedwald_625

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:22 - Jan 29 by AdmiralFunge

Off the very top of my head, the Saudis have been criticised on several occasions by various bed-wetting lefties over the last few months.

It's 1120 on Sunday night tho, so you'll forgive me if I don't indulge man Carmichael's request to link to said posts; I acknowledge that failure to do so will somehow wholly validate his argument.

As yet (and it might well be just a question of time) we have a president that has nowt to do with an unjustifiable and bloody war.

And AC has produced a list which if correct puts into perspective Trump 's list (that he was more or less mandated to produce - even though the choice of nations doesn't seem to have much logic) and highlights the hypocrisy of some on here
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:54 - Jan 29 with 1866 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:44 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Blood

No thanks

I actually respect the will of free voting

President Trump is more than welcome

I disagree with this.

I agree with democracy, yes - but if the outcome leads to vile acts against humanity - I believe the people have to take a stand.

I think there are a lot of people in America who voted for Trump who watched the events of today unfold with terrible guilt. I think he manipulated ignorant people, and brainwashed scared people to gain votes.

He is an extremely intelligent man, and has orchestrated his rise to power incredibly, but that is what makes him even more terrifying. He double bluffed people into thinking he is a harmless joke candidate to gain publicity, he ran against somebody else who was a terrible choice too- he was just the better campaigner.

This is the first time in my adult life I have wished death on anybody, just because I am fearful of how out of control this will get.

People were making jokes about how surreal it is that he has actually become President up until yesterday. Today the laughter stopped, and the tears poured.

I don't think May should've gone in all guns blazing as she would've just been crushed, if we are going to stop Trump efficiently, the world leaders need to be cunning, not outspoken.

Poll: Best Football Song

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:58 - Jan 29 with 1860 viewsRyorry

It's easier to deal with a wasp feeding off jam sandwiches that you've kindly prepared for it in your living room, than it is trying to control it by waving a long stick at it from afar.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:02 - Jan 30 with 1841 viewsAnthony_Carmichael

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 23:54 - Jan 29 by RoyKeanesDog

I disagree with this.

I agree with democracy, yes - but if the outcome leads to vile acts against humanity - I believe the people have to take a stand.

I think there are a lot of people in America who voted for Trump who watched the events of today unfold with terrible guilt. I think he manipulated ignorant people, and brainwashed scared people to gain votes.

He is an extremely intelligent man, and has orchestrated his rise to power incredibly, but that is what makes him even more terrifying. He double bluffed people into thinking he is a harmless joke candidate to gain publicity, he ran against somebody else who was a terrible choice too- he was just the better campaigner.

This is the first time in my adult life I have wished death on anybody, just because I am fearful of how out of control this will get.

People were making jokes about how surreal it is that he has actually become President up until yesterday. Today the laughter stopped, and the tears poured.

I don't think May should've gone in all guns blazing as she would've just been crushed, if we are going to stop Trump efficiently, the world leaders need to be cunning, not outspoken.

You wish death on the democratically elected president of the USA?

How very tolerant and liberal of you.

If only there were more people like you in the world. Imagine that...
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:10 - Jan 30 with 1820 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:02 - Jan 30 by Anthony_Carmichael

You wish death on the democratically elected president of the USA?

How very tolerant and liberal of you.

If only there were more people like you in the world. Imagine that...

I'm not tolerant of him at all, which is why I want him to die.

I am liberal in the sense that I am willing to allow one person to die in order to save hundreds of thousands of lives being unjustly ruined.

There are more people like me in the world, they just tend to avoid you.

Anything else?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:18 - Jan 30 with 1811 viewsRaedwald_625

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:10 - Jan 30 by RoyKeanesDog

I'm not tolerant of him at all, which is why I want him to die.

I am liberal in the sense that I am willing to allow one person to die in order to save hundreds of thousands of lives being unjustly ruined.

There are more people like me in the world, they just tend to avoid you.

Anything else?

Democracy not your bag, eh?

You could apply that accusation to almost any world leader - past and present.
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:24 - Jan 30 with 1793 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:18 - Jan 30 by Raedwald_625

Democracy not your bag, eh?

You could apply that accusation to almost any world leader - past and present.

Read my previous post where I directly answer that question.

Okay, hundreds of thousands was an understatement. Potentially millions.

Today made me think of when people talk about going back in time to kill Hitler.

I really hope a slightly evolved man dressed in unusual clothes comes out of nowhere and shoots him tomorrow.

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:26 - Jan 30 with 1791 viewsconnorscontract

Algeria
Libya
Sudan
Somalia
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Lebanon
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Iran
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Malaysia
Brunei

Whilst you are making a fair point, that world affairs are so complex and multi-faceted that everyone picks and chooses their causes, and sometimes turn a blind eye to things done by those that they otherwise favour, you've not chosen the best example.

Most Islamic Republics don't recognise the nation of Israel. As such they don't recognise Israeli passports. So Israeli passport holders, whether they be Jewish, Christian or Muslim, wouldn't be able to enter those nations.

It's different from Trump's policy. His is worse: more bigoted, less rooted in facts (as the graph of nationalities of the 9/11 hijackers posted elsewhere illustrates).

So when Trump's policy is comparable to, or possibly worse than, failed nation states like Somalia and Sudan and he has supposedly been elected as, and sees himself as, "leader of the free world" and "President of the largest democracy" it is only right and proper that he is held to the highest standards demanded of a democratic leader, and to govern in accordance with the founding principles of the USA, not least of which find themselves embodied in symbolic form by the Statue of Liberty which has the following words on a plaque on it's base:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

The story America has told itself about its own history, its self-image as a nation, has been torn apart in less than a week of this man's first term as President.
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:31 - Jan 30 with 1785 viewsRaedwald_625

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:24 - Jan 30 by RoyKeanesDog

Read my previous post where I directly answer that question.

Okay, hundreds of thousands was an understatement. Potentially millions.

Today made me think of when people talk about going back in time to kill Hitler.

I really hope a slightly evolved man dressed in unusual clothes comes out of nowhere and shoots him tomorrow.

If you wish the murder of those that think differently to you or those you deem 'evil' (and there are plenty out there with a far worse record than Trump) you'd have quite a shopping list!
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:44 - Jan 30 with 1773 viewsRaedwald_625

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:26 - Jan 30 by connorscontract

Whilst you are making a fair point, that world affairs are so complex and multi-faceted that everyone picks and chooses their causes, and sometimes turn a blind eye to things done by those that they otherwise favour, you've not chosen the best example.

Most Islamic Republics don't recognise the nation of Israel. As such they don't recognise Israeli passports. So Israeli passport holders, whether they be Jewish, Christian or Muslim, wouldn't be able to enter those nations.

It's different from Trump's policy. His is worse: more bigoted, less rooted in facts (as the graph of nationalities of the 9/11 hijackers posted elsewhere illustrates).

So when Trump's policy is comparable to, or possibly worse than, failed nation states like Somalia and Sudan and he has supposedly been elected as, and sees himself as, "leader of the free world" and "President of the largest democracy" it is only right and proper that he is held to the highest standards demanded of a democratic leader, and to govern in accordance with the founding principles of the USA, not least of which find themselves embodied in symbolic form by the Statue of Liberty which has the following words on a plaque on it's base:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

The story America has told itself about its own history, its self-image as a nation, has been torn apart in less than a week of this man's first term as President.

We can't forget the US is not Europe and has not enjoyed the social democratisation of its society. The US is socially and ethnically much more polarised and fragmented and Trump is a mirror of this society right now.

The US you refer to at the end of your post is not applicable to today.
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 01:05 - Jan 30 with 1756 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:31 - Jan 30 by Raedwald_625

If you wish the murder of those that think differently to you or those you deem 'evil' (and there are plenty out there with a far worse record than Trump) you'd have quite a shopping list!

I don't, and I didn't say that.

Just Donald Trump as I think there is a chance he could cause a nuclear war.

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 01:19 - Jan 30 with 1755 viewsconnorscontract

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 00:44 - Jan 30 by Raedwald_625

We can't forget the US is not Europe and has not enjoyed the social democratisation of its society. The US is socially and ethnically much more polarised and fragmented and Trump is a mirror of this society right now.

The US you refer to at the end of your post is not applicable to today.

That's what Trump made the Election about, partially, certainly. But many, many people hold dear to the founding stories, including many traditional Republicans.

What is THE American National Holiday? Thanksgiving- the re-telling of the story of the arrival of a persecuted religious minority. It's embedded deep within the national consciousness, it's who they see themselves as.

Yes, America is polarised and fragmented in a way not seen in a long time, but Trump is an actor in that, exacerbating it, not merely a mirror. And part of that fragmentation lies in the long-standing divide between the Union and Confederate States. That divide is the shadow side of the Founding Myth, the idea that a federal clique, centred in Washington, is stealing power from the individual states. Trump understood that and exploited it brilliantly to both win the Republican nomination and then to defeat the Washington elite insider, Clinton. It's not a coincidence that

But now he is acting as a federalist power grabber himself, using Executive Orders to impose his will and re-define the nation's story, from Washington, without reference to the elected representatives of the individual states in the House of Representatives and Senate (collectively known as Congress).

Obama used Executive Orders in a way no President had before, in order to cut through the logjam of Budget blocking caused by the Republican majority Congress. He has now set a precedent and Trump has embraced the opportunities it affords him enthusiastically. Nobody can truly predict how it will pan out.
Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 03:21 - Jan 30 with 1725 viewsurbanblue

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:58 - Jan 29 by ElderGrizzly

The majority of US voters voted for Clinton. Almost 3 million more in fact, but like our constituency system that doesn't result in that person or party winning power.

However this is nothing to do with sore losers, just having the compassion and common sense to look beyond our own borders and how decisions like this affect billions of others.

Our lives will be more dangerous because of decisions like this. Even the Daily Mail think so....

But then again The Daily Mail will push anything that will instilled fear in us. They love it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024