Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... 17:25 - Jan 29 with 20039 viewsunstableblue

.. against his proposed State visit to the UK...

Not because of his Muslim ban, not because of his wall and stupid policies against Mexico, not because its awkward for the royal family with his climate denial, not because warmth to russia, not because of his support of torture...

... but he is a classless idiot who thinks being treated like a royal dignatary will give him a stamp of class which he longs for...

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

750,000 people and counting
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 22:35]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 17:48 - Jan 30 with 1632 viewsDarth_Koont

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 17:43 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

Admittedly his Executive Orders can be rolled back at any point, and I also think if he wants to do anything that costs money (such as build the wall) he has to run it through Congress. But Congress is Republican and so is the Senate.
Our form of government is the best in the world bar none.

"Our form of government is the best in the world bar none."

Well ,apart from being antiquated, overly centralised, hugely unrepresentative and incapable of finding consensus, you're absolutely right. And I haven't even addressed the largely redundant House of Lords and the Consitutional uncertainties.

Be serious, this is just what people want to believe without actually comparing it to other nations. The State and local government system in the US already takes it significantly above ours.

Pronouns: He/Him

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 17:56 - Jan 30 with 1620 viewschicoazul

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 17:48 - Jan 30 by Darth_Koont

"Our form of government is the best in the world bar none."

Well ,apart from being antiquated, overly centralised, hugely unrepresentative and incapable of finding consensus, you're absolutely right. And I haven't even addressed the largely redundant House of Lords and the Consitutional uncertainties.

Be serious, this is just what people want to believe without actually comparing it to other nations. The State and local government system in the US already takes it significantly above ours.

What do you mean 'incapable of finding consensus'? Antiquated, I really dont agree that anything old is necessarily useless, especially something which generally works very well. Overly centralised sounds like someone who doesn't like London and Westminster in general which we know applies to you. The HoL is hardly redundant given that it is the second chamber where our laws are read. I dont know what constitutional uncertainties you mean, most of the stuff you are confused about is probably explained for you here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_of_Rights_1689 sorry about the dirty word English part of that btw.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:06 - Jan 30 with 1598 viewslowhouseblue

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 16:44 - Jan 30 by Archer4721

Jesus you read that rag?

That explains an awful lot.

yep, i read things i disagree with. you should give it a go.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:12 - Jan 30 with 1584 viewschicoazul

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:06 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

yep, i read things i disagree with. you should give it a go.

Most people find that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard a concept to wrestle with.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:16 - Jan 30 with 1540 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:12 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

Most people find that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard a concept to wrestle with.

Is this Archer?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/28/alt-right-online-poison-ra

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:23 - Jan 30 with 1559 viewsDarth_Koont

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 17:56 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

What do you mean 'incapable of finding consensus'? Antiquated, I really dont agree that anything old is necessarily useless, especially something which generally works very well. Overly centralised sounds like someone who doesn't like London and Westminster in general which we know applies to you. The HoL is hardly redundant given that it is the second chamber where our laws are read. I dont know what constitutional uncertainties you mean, most of the stuff you are confused about is probably explained for you here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_of_Rights_1689 sorry about the dirty word English part of that btw.

"Incapable of finding consensus" — we're intellectually and emotionally incapable of building coalitions except as a last resort not to mention the FPTP system invariably means a minority government has majority rule anyway.

Otherwise, you swerved or willfully misconstrued every single point. Well done.

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 1523 viewschicoazul

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:23 - Jan 30 by Darth_Koont

"Incapable of finding consensus" — we're intellectually and emotionally incapable of building coalitions except as a last resort not to mention the FPTP system invariably means a minority government has majority rule anyway.

Otherwise, you swerved or willfully misconstrued every single point. Well done.

Why do you even want consensus? We have an adversarial system of government and its all the better for it. Anyway the Labour and Tory parties are basically coalitions containing as they do plenty of MPs who disagree about loads of things, IDS and Ken Clarke for instance, Robin Cook and Jack Straw for instance, all of whom were in government together.
Sorry you didnt understand my other points. Some big words in there I know but I didnt have time to make things simpler for you.

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 1518 viewschicoazul

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:16 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

Is this Archer?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/28/alt-right-online-poison-ra

God I hate that Milo guy so much. But i'm glad he's allowed to say what he likes so I know who the idiots are.

Login to get fewer ads

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:42 - Jan 30 with 1513 viewsJ2BLUE

This petition states the state visit shouldn't go ahead 'because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen'. Has the Queen actually given any hint she feels this way or is this yet another example of people assuming that everyone agrees with them and not stopping to consider there may be good reasons to go ahead with this visit?

Is there a petition to ignore this petition? I'd like to sign it.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 19:09]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:57 - Jan 30 with 1491 viewsDarth_Koont

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:39 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

Why do you even want consensus? We have an adversarial system of government and its all the better for it. Anyway the Labour and Tory parties are basically coalitions containing as they do plenty of MPs who disagree about loads of things, IDS and Ken Clarke for instance, Robin Cook and Jack Straw for instance, all of whom were in government together.
Sorry you didnt understand my other points. Some big words in there I know but I didnt have time to make things simpler for you.

Wow! Your smug self-satisfaction is actually pretty impressive.

Well, we live and learn. Some of us anyway.

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:01 - Jan 30 with 1471 viewschicoazul

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:57 - Jan 30 by Darth_Koont

Wow! Your smug self-satisfaction is actually pretty impressive.

Well, we live and learn. Some of us anyway.

What was the about swerving and wilfully-misconstrued? You've certainly learned a lot about that havent you.

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:02 - Jan 30 with 1462 viewsjeera

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 18:42 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

This petition states the state visit shouldn't go ahead 'because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen'. Has the Queen actually given any hint she feels this way or is this yet another example of people assuming that everyone agrees with them and not stopping to consider there may be good reasons to go ahead with this visit?

Is there a petition to ignore this petition? I'd like to sign it.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 19:09]

I assumed that cluster of signatures gave away their feelings on the matter.

Liz
Phil
Wills
Chuck
Rufus

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:07 - Jan 30 with 1461 viewsDarth_Koont

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:01 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

What was the about swerving and wilfully-misconstrued? You've certainly learned a lot about that havent you.

I didn't address it because it's meaningless in objective terms. You've come out with a stunning claim and you've backed it up with this??

Must do better if you're going to be in a sensible discussion or indeed troll.

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:13 - Jan 30 with 1437 viewschicoazul

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:07 - Jan 30 by Darth_Koont

I didn't address it because it's meaningless in objective terms. You've come out with a stunning claim and you've backed it up with this??

Must do better if you're going to be in a sensible discussion or indeed troll.

You'll have to point out which thing I have said you think is 'stunning' and indeed what part you think is "meaningless in objective terms'. I know stupid people like to say people who dont agree with them are trolling but I didnt think you were quite that stupid. Like you say, you live and learn!

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:23 - Jan 30 with 1423 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 11:09 - Jan 30 by Swailsey

Jesus Christ...where to even begin.

Abuse reported, you obnoxious, odious racist.

you prove my point about intolerance. shouting down calling me an 'odious racist' simply because I don't share your views, reporting abuse! utterly pathetic go and find a safe space and lie down. Btw. islam is an ideology not a race.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:27 - Jan 30 with 1414 viewsDarth_Koont

If you feel the urge go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:13 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

You'll have to point out which thing I have said you think is 'stunning' and indeed what part you think is "meaningless in objective terms'. I know stupid people like to say people who dont agree with them are trolling but I didnt think you were quite that stupid. Like you say, you live and learn!

You could start at the stunning claim at the beginning and go from there.

If you honestly believe all other forms of government to be inferior to ours then you'll need to sell that claim a bit more. And yes, it has all the hallmarks of trolling if you can't or won't back it up with anything objective.

Or don't, to be honest. I wouldn't think any less of your opinion.

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:32 - Jan 30 with 1402 viewsJ2BLUE

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:23 - Jan 30 by Jonnosdreadlocks

you prove my point about intolerance. shouting down calling me an 'odious racist' simply because I don't share your views, reporting abuse! utterly pathetic go and find a safe space and lie down. Btw. islam is an ideology not a race.

That was the most enjoyable five minutes i've had today. Thanks for that. I don't really like that guy because he's thinly veiled racist and homophobic but he was spot on there. I particularly enjoyed the massively dramatic screaming of that guy and i'm pleased it was repeated as it saved me from watching it again to enjoy it some more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 20:08 - Jan 30 with 1349 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 19:32 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

That was the most enjoyable five minutes i've had today. Thanks for that. I don't really like that guy because he's thinly veiled racist and homophobic but he was spot on there. I particularly enjoyed the massively dramatic screaming of that guy and i'm pleased it was repeated as it saved me from watching it again to enjoy it some more.

I certainly don't agree about everything on infowars. Alex Jones comes over as a nutjo conspiracy theorist but I don't believe PJW is racist or homophobic at all because he has done several videos of the persecution of gays in Islamic countries and he's certainly not anti semitic. He is a very smart and perceptive guy and exposes the hypocrisy of the intolerant antifascists who behave a lot like fascists when things go against them like Brexit and Trump.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 20:57 - Jan 30 with 1305 viewsMullet

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 20:08 - Jan 30 by Jonnosdreadlocks

I certainly don't agree about everything on infowars. Alex Jones comes over as a nutjo conspiracy theorist but I don't believe PJW is racist or homophobic at all because he has done several videos of the persecution of gays in Islamic countries and he's certainly not anti semitic. He is a very smart and perceptive guy and exposes the hypocrisy of the intolerant antifascists who behave a lot like fascists when things go against them like Brexit and Trump.

Interesting that you use a homophobic slur in this thread.

Do you think his defence of homosexuals might be more down to his views on Islam? As "a very smart and perceptive guy" it seems he's able to utilise his moral flexibility a little better than you and the other Trump apologists.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:07 - Jan 30 with 1267 viewsvapour_trail

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 07:01 - Jan 30 by Jonnosdreadlocks

That's what you are dealing with on here. Ignorant, holier than thou, intellectually superior leftard f@ckwits like Jeera, AdmiralFudgepacker, VapourTrail. Any one who disagrees with their views is considered a Nazi, kkk members. Pathetic, they probably would like to see Trump assassinated.

Wow. Board admin has become a lot more tolerant.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:09 - Jan 30 with 1257 viewsGlasgowBlue

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:07 - Jan 30 by vapour_trail

Wow. Board admin has become a lot more tolerant.

I thought you treat being called a holier than thou, intellectually superior leftard f@ckwit as some sort of badge of honour

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:12 - Jan 30 with 1239 viewsjeera

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:09 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

I thought you treat being called a holier than thou, intellectually superior leftard f@ckwit as some sort of badge of honour

I'm chuffed to bits!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 1218 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 20:57 - Jan 30 by Mullet

Interesting that you use a homophobic slur in this thread.

Do you think his defence of homosexuals might be more down to his views on Islam? As "a very smart and perceptive guy" it seems he's able to utilise his moral flexibility a little better than you and the other Trump apologists.

err what homophobic slur did I use here exactly? The word gay? judging from your profile picture your musical tastes fits in nicely with the stereotype your leftie views...

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 1211 viewsvapour_trail

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:09 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

That's far too long a catchphrase for a badge

I'm trying to work out whether ignorant or intellectually superior takes precedent.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 1208 viewsDarth_Koont

Go and sign the parliament petition on Trump... on 21:15 - Jan 30 by Jonnosdreadlocks

err what homophobic slur did I use here exactly? The word gay? judging from your profile picture your musical tastes fits in nicely with the stereotype your leftie views...

You daft racist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024