Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! 20:37 - Jan 31 with 5231 viewsfinidiwoah

People have been moaning about Douglas all season.... Cole Skuse - he offers f all.

He is meant to be a centre midfielder - he doesn't look for the ball from anyone, only gets given it when people have no other choice.

He doesn't win headers
He doesn't tackle anyone with any force and breed any desire amongst the team
He just wanders around the centre circle....

Yet one of micks irreplaceable folk!!

We're giving away a midfielder when he plays by him looking to get as far away from the ball at all time....
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 20:40]
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 20:38 - Jan 31 with 4022 viewspoppiesman

Been saying that for last 2 seasons now. And yet he gets picked every game.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 3963 viewsstrikalite

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 20:38 - Jan 31 by poppiesman

Been saying that for last 2 seasons now. And yet he gets picked every game.

Me too, overrated and Lincoln away was last straw for me, couldn't even get the ball under control in tight areas, tells you everything..
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 02:21 - Feb 1 with 3743 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Been saying that for a long while yet some clueless dullards keep telling us that he's a Premier League class, he is so vital to us, you don't understand his role if you slate him etc etc.

Second goal for Derby when Baird passes towards Ince. Skuse completely not interested in challenging or tackling Baird. Just running near him like a headless chicken.

He's a hub of our problems in midfield. Disinterested pisspoor footballer who lives in the comfort zone of knowing that he doesn't need to fight for his place in the team and will never be dropped by McCarthy.

Countless poor performances and poor mistakes. Last Saturday against Preston he was good for a change shame he plays well very rarely. Too nice to challenge an opponent.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 2:26]
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 03:44 - Feb 1 with 3692 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

150 appearances. 1 Goal. There are Goalkeepers with better records than that. Skuse is one of MM's 'undroppables' and has been for ages. He doesn't even do the defensive stuff well. Little wonder we rarely create chances with him as our midfield general.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 04:59 - Feb 1 with 3666 viewspowinswitch

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 02:21 - Feb 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Been saying that for a long while yet some clueless dullards keep telling us that he's a Premier League class, he is so vital to us, you don't understand his role if you slate him etc etc.

Second goal for Derby when Baird passes towards Ince. Skuse completely not interested in challenging or tackling Baird. Just running near him like a headless chicken.

He's a hub of our problems in midfield. Disinterested pisspoor footballer who lives in the comfort zone of knowing that he doesn't need to fight for his place in the team and will never be dropped by McCarthy.

Countless poor performances and poor mistakes. Last Saturday against Preston he was good for a change shame he plays well very rarely. Too nice to challenge an opponent.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 2:26]

I try and be balanced. I think he has been reasonable at times since November. But last night he hid. You have to look for these things, but he was definitely running to where he couldn't get the ball due to the opposition being between him and our player on the ball, or where there was a Derby player. He even did his laces up at one point when I think it was Bru needed a team mate. I laughed and commented on it to my cousin sat with me.

This utter garbage about being a defensive or attacking midfielder is such tosh. As a midfielder you should be better on the ball than the defenders, certainly the two centre backs. In the l ate 70s we had 3 midfielders. If any one of them was the defensive minded of them it was John Wark. (Muhren and Thijssen were IMHO our most creative players). He went on to be a defender. How many goals did he score. And how many did he create. Now ask the same question about Skuse, or Douglas.

Don't tell me that the game has changed. Again utter tosh. Robson managed 11 men who had to score more goals than the opposition. So should that idiot in charge at the moment. The former had a strategy which involved playing attacking, exciting football. Sometimes but not often we went route one, but we could also fashion exciting passing moves. We mixed it up. The current tosher sets out to not lose. And it ain't entertaining. He's only succeeding in embarrassing our club more and more as time goes on.

Just remember we have been outplayed by Lincoln City, Stevenage and Pompey in just over 12 months. What budget were they on. Money is not the problem. McCarthy's football philosophy is.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 06:26 - Feb 1 with 3601 viewsKeaneish

Welcome to the party. Some of us have shared that opinion for nearly two years.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 07:12 - Feb 1 with 3482 viewsBenters

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 06:26 - Feb 1 by Keaneish

Welcome to the party. Some of us have shared that opinion for nearly two years.

I thought Saint MM said Skuse was "premier league" ?

Also never forget its not his job to score goals .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 07:31 - Feb 1 with 3416 viewsOjc

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 07:12 - Feb 1 by Benters

I was always under the impression as a midfielder you had to be good at everything on the football pitch, make short passes, long passes, forwards backwards left right, tackle, positioning and score goals.

Skuse isn't very good at any of the above, so to have him as our lynchpin suggests that our expectations have seriously dropped to new depths.
Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:03 - Feb 1 with 3351 viewsVaughan8

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 07:12 - Feb 1 by Benters

I laughed at that are the time and now it looks even more ridiculous.

As the OP says, Douglas gets all the stick. Yes he isn't very good, but he does offer a bit.more.going forward than Skuse. Haha

People like Bru and Skuse seem to escape any criticism when they are mostly just as pathetic as Douglas. Though I do forget that Bru is our "creative spark". Remind me how many goals he scores and assists?

And Berra needs to be dropped. He has not been good since Mings left and it shows him and Cresswell must have been covering for his lack of pace. What was that little dance.thing he did for Derbys 3rd goal?
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:10 - Feb 1 with 3323 viewsevansblue

Totally agree with you. I think central midfield is the most important position on the pitch and we don't have one decent player who can play in there. Bru was rubbish last night and the pair of them did nothing. They jog for crying out loud when the opposition midfielders are running up and down.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:13 - Feb 1 with 3304 viewsBluebell

Really?

What game was I watching last night? I thought Skuse was one of the better players.

I suppose we need a new scapegoat now.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:52 - Feb 1 with 3198 viewsAuntieBlue

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:13 - Feb 1 by Bluebell

Really?

What game was I watching last night? I thought Skuse was one of the better players.

Skuse was often the only one to track back and try to get the ball back and was always available for a pass. Even though others couldn't find him.

Poll: Which biscuit for morning coffee?

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:52 - Feb 1 with 3198 viewsNo9

Cole Skuse hasn't been good enough for this division for a long, long time.

I can't think of any other team where he would get to warm the bench let alone be in the line up
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:55 - Feb 1 with 3166 viewsBluebell

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:52 - Feb 1 by AuntieBlue

Skuse was often the only one to track back and try to get the ball back and was always available for a pass. Even though others couldn't find him.

Morning Auntie. Good to see you here.

Looks like you were watching the same game as me. Is that a female thing?
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:00 - Feb 1 with 3131 viewsAuntieBlue

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:55 - Feb 1 by Bluebell

I don't know Bluebell - but he and Chambers did at least seem to have some desire. Berra seems to have totally lost the plot though...

I'll be there on Saturday but fear the worst...
sad times.

Poll: Which biscuit for morning coffee?

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:02 - Feb 1 with 3121 viewsblueislander

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:55 - Feb 1 by Bluebell

When Alan Lee was playing you were definitely watching a different game, albeit an imaginary one.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:04 - Feb 1 with 3110 viewsNo9

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:00 - Feb 1 by AuntieBlue

I don't know Bluebell - but he and Chambers did at least seem to have some desire. Berra seems to have totally lost the plot though...

I'll be there on Saturday but fear the worst...
sad times.

Maybe you should top up your memory with a few minues watching the highlights
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 3094 viewsSimonds92

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:03 - Feb 1 by Vaughan8

I laughed at that are the time and now it looks even more ridiculous.

As the OP says, Douglas gets all the stick. Yes he isn't very good, but he does offer a bit.more.going forward than Skuse. Haha

People like Bru and Skuse seem to escape any criticism when they are mostly just as pathetic as Douglas. Though I do forget that Bru is our "creative spark". Remind me how many goals he scores and assists?

And Berra needs to be dropped. He has not been good since Mings left and it shows him and Cresswell must have been covering for his lack of pace. What was that little dance.thing he did for Derbys 3rd goal?

I've previously thought Skuse was a really good player but tbh think he's been very poor the last 12 months, this doesn't however defend Douglas. He's definitely the worst player we have in the squad and how he's been anywhere near the first team is beyond me. Bru is massively lightweight and we've had the same problem in central midfield for the past 5 years. Never been addressed!
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 3094 viewsBluebell

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:02 - Feb 1 by blueislander

When Alan Lee was playing you were definitely watching a different game, albeit an imaginary one.

That is true but I knew he could score goals.

(He also had a lovely bum).
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:13 - Feb 1 with 3063 viewspoppiesman

Skuse is just one of a number of our current squad that isn't good enough for this division anymore.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:20 - Feb 1 with 3017 viewsPJH

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:13 - Feb 1 by Bluebell

Really?

He was better than most last night,not good but better than most.

Berra seems to be the new scapegoat leader.

Not yet looked at other threads but it was nice to see Chambers still here-or is he on loan from Notts Forest?
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:27 - Feb 1 with 2975 viewssotd78

Wrong. He actually played pretty well last night.
...the shocking bit was that we cannot play 3 at the back

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 09:57 - Feb 1 with 2926 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 08:52 - Feb 1 by No9

Cole Skuse hasn't been good enough for this division for a long, long time.

I can't think of any other team where he would get to warm the bench let alone be in the line up

Exactly right. Awful player. And how people still say he's decent is beyond me.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 10:08 - Feb 1 with 2900 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Looking back through my posts on the matter there are 2 words that seem to be consistent.

'Pedestrian' & 'Passenger'

As well as 'Frustrating' thrown in there as well, mainly because he probably has (or at least had) a bit more in his locker than he is showing. I think some of it is down to MM asking him to play a certain way and he has simply been institutionalised into never getting out of 2nd gear
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 10:22 - Feb 1 with 2868 viewsmuccletonjoe

Agree entirely. He is yet another passenger we carry through every game and try to kid ourselves that we need him in there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024