Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday 10:50 - Feb 5 with 2770 viewsArcher4721

I thought for a player who was obviously not up to full speed on the fitness front yet and will only get better with more games. He organised everything at the back and even Chambers looked half decent for periods.

I think our back four will look very different next season and a Taylor, Webster partnership looks a good starting point for the way forward.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 10:55 - Feb 5 with 2731 viewsMark

I think a Smith-Taylor-Chambers back three with Kenlock and Emmanuel as wing backs could work very well and could be tried next month perhaps. I think Berra struggles with it more and prefers 4-4-2.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 10:56 - Feb 5 with 2718 viewsWD19

How long is he signed for though? Do 6 month deals ever have the 'option' for a further 12 months plus?

I worry that if he turns out to be any good a top wage paying Championship side will come in and offer him double what we do.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 10:57 - Feb 5 with 2700 viewsArcher4721

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 10:55 - Feb 5 by Mark

I think a Smith-Taylor-Chambers back three with Kenlock and Emmanuel as wing backs could work very well and could be tried next month perhaps. I think Berra struggles with it more and prefers 4-4-2.

Yes I agree that could work well. I think Berra and Chambers have had their day tbh.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:00 - Feb 5 with 2678 viewsArcher4721

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 10:56 - Feb 5 by WD19

How long is he signed for though? Do 6 month deals ever have the 'option' for a further 12 months plus?

I worry that if he turns out to be any good a top wage paying Championship side will come in and offer him double what we do.

My worry is if MM goes he won't stay.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:00 - Feb 5 with 2679 viewsMark

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 10:57 - Feb 5 by Archer4721

Yes I agree that could work well. I think Berra and Chambers have had their day tbh.

To be fair to Chambers, he looks a lot better in a back three to right-back. I loved the passion he has shown over the last couple of games and at 31 (the same age as Taylor) I do not think he is past it as a centre-back. He should never play right back again though.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:02 - Feb 5 with 2653 viewsMark

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 10:56 - Feb 5 by WD19

There is no option, so he could well leave for another club in the summer if he does well. That is the risk with all our short-term and loan signings unfortunately. If Taylor does go (or gets another injury), I think next season a back three of Smith-Webster-Chambers would be good.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:06 - Feb 5 with 2610 viewsWD19

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:02 - Feb 5 by Mark

There is no option, so he could well leave for another club in the summer if he does well. That is the risk with all our short-term and loan signings unfortunately. If Taylor does go (or gets another injury), I think next season a back three of Smith-Webster-Chambers would be good.

If he starts looking good can somebody ask Lady Elsie to give him a ring and tell him he proud Bobby would be to see him in a town shirt.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:35 - Feb 5 with 2468 viewsipswich4life

He wont be here next season,and planing on building team around someone who has hardley played in the last 4 seasons is crazy
Login to get fewer ads

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:40 - Feb 5 with 2443 viewsbournemouthblue

The extra leadership seemed to encourage Chambers too

He looks a good addition on and off the field

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:42 - Feb 5 with 2431 viewsParsley

Doubt we will start next season with Smith, Taylor, Webster, Chamber and Berra (as well as Digby). Guess it will be 2 out of 3 from Taylor, Berra and Chambers who all only have contracts until the end of the season, with options on the last two.

For me, I would keep Taylor and Chambers, providing Taylor keeps it up for the rest of the season and wants to sign. Although maybe the competition will help Berra rediscover his form.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 13:11 - Feb 5 with 2282 viewsIllinoisblue

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:42 - Feb 5 by Parsley

Doubt we will start next season with Smith, Taylor, Webster, Chamber and Berra (as well as Digby). Guess it will be 2 out of 3 from Taylor, Berra and Chambers who all only have contracts until the end of the season, with options on the last two.

For me, I would keep Taylor and Chambers, providing Taylor keeps it up for the rest of the season and wants to sign. Although maybe the competition will help Berra rediscover his form.

Berra will go to Scotland. Taylor will probably join a northern team

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 14:28 - Feb 5 with 2139 viewscooperd5

He looked like a leader to me, I was impressed with his pushing the defensive line up and his headed clearance. A good addition I think based on this one game of course.
Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 20:18 - Feb 5 with 1890 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 13:11 - Feb 5 by Illinoisblue

Berra will go to Scotland. Taylor will probably join a northern team

Berra will 100% go back, good luck to him. Next season will definitely be a season too many here, but will always remember him as one of the best centre backs I've seen play for Town.

I've been following since 96 and I think his consistency throughout 14 /15 was the best season I've seen a centre back have for Town.

I've got a feeling Taylor might stick around, I hope so. Always rated him.

Poll: Best Football Song

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 20:35 - Feb 5 with 1836 viewshoppy

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 20:18 - Feb 5 by RoyKeanesDog

Berra will 100% go back, good luck to him. Next season will definitely be a season too many here, but will always remember him as one of the best centre backs I've seen play for Town.

I've been following since 96 and I think his consistency throughout 14 /15 was the best season I've seen a centre back have for Town.

I've got a feeling Taylor might stick around, I hope so. Always rated him.

I've said a few times that I think Taylor looks to me to be very much like a Tony Mowbray type signing, of a similar age... give him a few seasons here and his last game could be a victorious play off final at Wembley...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 08:24 - Feb 6 with 1588 viewsbournemouthblue

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:42 - Feb 5 by Parsley

At his age you'd have thought he may want some stability in his career but we will see

If he does stay, hopefully it's another Mowbray scenario where we get a few years service from a player who has been a decent centre back

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 09:17 - Feb 6 with 1508 viewsNo9

Yes he added a lot at the back & when he settels in & form an understanding with the others things at the back will improve a lot.
Berra is the weak link if MM is going to play 3 at the back instead of a flat 4
Nice bloke..... on 09:59 - Feb 6 with 1444 viewsBloots

.....nice and fat.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 12:03 - Feb 6 with 1321 viewsmikeybloo88

Steven Taylor was excellent yesterday on 11:00 - Feb 5 by Archer4721

My worry is if MM goes he won't stay.

My worry is more that MM doesn't go....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024