Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason 06:59 - Feb 6 with 4527 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm fortunate to have seen a hell of a lot of my favourite bands but there are two that have evaded me. Fleetwoo Mac and Supertramp. Still reckon I'll see FM at some point but Supertramp have gone I reckon.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 11:48 - Feb 6 with 858 viewschicoazul

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:52 - Feb 6 by Heathlander

Oasis and the Stone Roses. Still a chance for the roses but Oasis is probably gone.

They'll tour in ten years or so. Once the money runs out.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 11:49 - Feb 6 with 859 viewshoppy

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:25 - Feb 6 by SWGF

Need to make a note in your diary, Horace Wimp.

Playing Wembley this summer aren't they? Saw them at the O2 last year.

Perhaps I ought to let them know dates I can make rather than the other way around...

(can't do that Wembley one in June either)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 12:51 - Feb 6 with 824 viewsFtnfwest

The Jam
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 12:55 - Feb 6 with 814 viewsFreddies_Ears

Supertramp still tour but you're better off seeing Roger Hodgson, who was responsible for most of the good stuff. He tours most years, and is superb.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 12:57]
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 12:56 - Feb 6 with 809 viewsRadlett_blue

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 12:51 - Feb 6 by Ftnfwest

The Jam

From the Jam, including Bruce Foxton, are very good. Seen them twice.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:33 - Feb 6 with 774 viewsFtnfwest

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 12:56 - Feb 6 by Radlett_blue

From the Jam, including Bruce Foxton, are very good. Seen them twice.

will keep an eye out, cheers
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:34 - Feb 6 with 773 viewsTollycobbold

Dead easy. Queen
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:52 - Feb 6 with 754 viewsTLA

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:33 - Feb 6 by Ftnfwest

will keep an eye out, cheers

They were in Bury a couple of weeks ago - I don't realise until some mates posted on Facebook about how good they were. I was a bit gutted...
Login to get fewer ads

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:54 - Feb 6 with 749 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

T.REX. Loved their music, but was too young to see them live before his untimely death.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:55 - Feb 6 with 745 viewsusm

The Sex Pistols

Aint gonna happen now

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

They are constantly playing..... on 14:02 - Feb 6 with 740 viewsBloots

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:52 - Feb 6 by TLA

They were in Bury a couple of weeks ago - I don't realise until some mates posted on Facebook about how good they were. I was a bit gutted...

....all over the place.

I tend to see them in Southend, 4 or 5 times now.

They are playing Lowestoft, Norwich and Southend in the spring I think.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Prince. (n/t) on 14:09 - Feb 6 with 737 viewsBloots

They are constantly playing..... on 14:20 - Feb 6 with 724 viewsTLA

They are constantly playing..... on 14:02 - Feb 6 by Bloots

....all over the place.

I tend to see them in Southend, 4 or 5 times now.

They are playing Lowestoft, Norwich and Southend in the spring I think.

I'm in Norfolk so will look out for them in Lowie and Norwich. To be honest, the clips I saw didn't seem great but my mates said they were great - sometimes you have to be there, I guess.
They are constantly playing..... on 14:44 - Feb 6 with 703 viewsRadlett_blue

They are constantly playing..... on 14:20 - Feb 6 by TLA

I'm in Norfolk so will look out for them in Lowie and Norwich. To be honest, the clips I saw didn't seem great but my mates said they were great - sometimes you have to be there, I guess.

I think a lot of it's down to sound quality & venue. The second time I saw them it was a larger venue with excellent acoustics.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 14:55 - Feb 6 with 695 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 13:34 - Feb 6 by Tollycobbold

Dead easy. Queen

Absolutely stole the show at Live Aid.

Poll: Best Football Song

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 15:12 - Feb 6 with 675 views2blue

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:14 - Feb 6 by TLA

I lived in Oxford in the nineties and should have caught Radiohead at the right time - never did and got less bothered over the years.

I had a ticket to see The The in Kilburn in the eighties but it went missing - I think my sister stole it to be spiteful.

I remember being gutted when I saw The Pogues that MacGowan had pulled out but his replacement was Joe Strummer, which was even better!

Saw Radiohead supporting the Frank & Walters in Norwich and The Levellers in Colchester. Done alright for themselves since :)

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 15:16 - Feb 6 with 673 views2blue

Need to see Muse at some point. Always fail to be in right Place at the right time.

Got to see Elvis Costello play with the Attractions at Glastonbury back in 90 something. That was special as I never thought I'd get the chance.

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

Musically they are excellent.... on 15:24 - Feb 6 with 665 viewsBloots

They are constantly playing..... on 14:20 - Feb 6 by TLA

....I guess you have to accept that even if they were The Jam, they'd still be less energetic than in their heyday.

Russell Hastings does a good job on lead vocals, Weller style without being an impersonator.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 15:37]

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 15:26 - Feb 6 with 662 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Bob Dylan when he was the coolest - and most gifted - performer/creative person on the planet around 1965/66 would have been good.

Other than that, the Stone Roses in their heyday - around 1989/90 and the Smiths circa 1984.

Springsteen is on the list as well.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 15:47 - Feb 6 with 650 viewsWeWereZombies

Saw Fleetwood Mac at a very poorly attended gig at the Baths Hall in the autumn of 1971 (about a month after Zep I think), local band Animal Farm were the support. And have seen Supertramp twice at what was for me then local - Pier Pavilion, Felixstowe in 1972 or 1973 and at the Gaumont (now the Regent) for the Crime of the Century tour - that was a bit special.

Would love to have seen Hendrix, and as a wayward fifteen year old I should have had the gumption to thieve, bunk off and blag my way to the Isle of Wight or his last gig at the Royal Albert Hall - would have probably fecked up my life even more than I have done but would have been worth it.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 15:50 - Feb 6 with 643 viewsWeirdFishes

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:52 - Feb 6 by Heathlander

Oasis and the Stone Roses. Still a chance for the roses but Oasis is probably gone.

Saw the Roses at the Etihad last year and they were class. Going to Wembley in June again.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 16:05 - Feb 6 with 633 viewsblueislander

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 15:47 - Feb 6 by WeWereZombies

Saw Fleetwood Mac at a very poorly attended gig at the Baths Hall in the autumn of 1971 (about a month after Zep I think), local band Animal Farm were the support. And have seen Supertramp twice at what was for me then local - Pier Pavilion, Felixstowe in 1972 or 1973 and at the Gaumont (now the Regent) for the Crime of the Century tour - that was a bit special.

Would love to have seen Hendrix, and as a wayward fifteen year old I should have had the gumption to thieve, bunk off and blag my way to the Isle of Wight or his last gig at the Royal Albert Hall - would have probably fecked up my life even more than I have done but would have been worth it.

As a teenager in the 60s, I was fortunate to see most of the big names of the era. Great bands such as Spencer David, Graham Bond Organisation, Downliners, Art Woods, Bluesbreakers, Georgie Fame and the Blueflames, and so many more at Bluesville on a Monday night at the Manor Ballroom and Baths Hall. One of the most memorable was Steam Packet ( Long John Baldry, Julie Driscoll, Rod Stewart with the Brian Auger Trniity) Thebands that played at.Unis in those days were incredible: Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Fairport Convention, Geno Washington, and even The Bee Gees were regulars on the circuit.
Never saw Hendricks though, but I did see Buddy Holly at the Gaumont in 1958.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 16:11 - Feb 6 with 619 viewshochiblue

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 16:05 - Feb 6 by blueislander

As a teenager in the 60s, I was fortunate to see most of the big names of the era. Great bands such as Spencer David, Graham Bond Organisation, Downliners, Art Woods, Bluesbreakers, Georgie Fame and the Blueflames, and so many more at Bluesville on a Monday night at the Manor Ballroom and Baths Hall. One of the most memorable was Steam Packet ( Long John Baldry, Julie Driscoll, Rod Stewart with the Brian Auger Trniity) Thebands that played at.Unis in those days were incredible: Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Fairport Convention, Geno Washington, and even The Bee Gees were regulars on the circuit.
Never saw Hendricks though, but I did see Buddy Holly at the Gaumont in 1958.

Being a bit older, I wanted to see The Beatles. Strong rumour in lat '63 early '64 that they were coming to Lowestoft, immense queue formed at the place on the pier (was it the Royal, can't remember). Turned out to be nonsense.

Supertramp, on the other hand - at UoE, we had Curved Air booked but their first LP broke big, so the agency gave us Supertramp and Tony McPhee's Groundhogs for the same fee (£125 from memory).
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 16:13 - Feb 6 with 616 viewsblueislander

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 16:11 - Feb 6 by hochiblue

Being a bit older, I wanted to see The Beatles. Strong rumour in lat '63 early '64 that they were coming to Lowestoft, immense queue formed at the place on the pier (was it the Royal, can't remember). Turned out to be nonsense.

Supertramp, on the other hand - at UoE, we had Curved Air booked but their first LP broke big, so the agency gave us Supertramp and Tony McPhee's Groundhogs for the same fee (£125 from memory).

I saw a Band called Neil Christian and The Crusaders at The Royal circa 1966 featuring a very young Jimmy Page.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 16:19 - Feb 6 with 608 viewshochiblue

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 16:13 - Feb 6 by blueislander

I saw a Band called Neil Christian and The Crusaders at The Royal circa 1966 featuring a very young Jimmy Page.

Could be a bit annoying, Lowestoft. To make sure you covered the "scene" on a Saturday night, (always assuming the trawler fleet wasn;t in, too dangerous) you had to swing between the Royal and the Newcombe. Opposite ends of the town!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024