Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? 21:31 - Feb 6 with 4711 viewsjpring89

Its a distraction just like being on a mobile phone. Maybe not on the same level but ive been in cars when people smoke drop their fags burn themselves swearve and few close calls which is lucky but im sure others no so.

Anyone else agree it should be banned ?

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:34 - Feb 6 with 2884 viewsTollycobbold

What about those with their hands full of those vaping things?
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 2875 viewsElderGrizzly

Best thing they did recently was ban smoking when kids are in the car.

Agree something should be done here, but it isn't smoking as such, just a distraction while driving. Drinking, eating etc all get the same treatment now i think.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 22:11]
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 2872 viewscruncher

What else do the do fcuking gooders want to ban people have been smoking while driving for years.
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 2850 viewsgtsb1966

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:37 - Feb 6 by ElderGrizzly

Agree something should be done here, but it isn't smoking as such, just a distraction while driving. Drinking, eating etc all get the same treatment now i think.

Talking of kids in the car...... http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/woman_arrested_on_suspicion_of_drink_driving_after_su
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:45 - Feb 6 with 2835 viewsTollycobbold

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:37 - Feb 6 by cruncher

What else do the do fcuking gooders want to ban people have been smoking while driving for years.

Stunts the growth I heard.
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:46 - Feb 6 with 2834 viewsBasuco

I used to drink drive before it was banned, as we all did, means nothing, smoking is as much a distraction as talking on a mobile.
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:46 - Feb 6 with 2827 viewsjpring89

Yes they have and causing accidents aswell along the way when if they were not smoking they would not.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:47 - Feb 6 with 2812 viewshoppy

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:37 - Feb 6 by ElderGrizzly

What about talking to passengers, or taking kids in the car? They're all distractions too, aren't they?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:49 - Feb 6 with 2791 viewsMullet

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:47 - Feb 6 by hoppy

What about talking to passengers, or taking kids in the car? They're all distractions too, aren't they?

Woman who went into the back of me after a game at Huddersfield the other year, had her little darling in the back. Was clear her and her passenger were turning around fawning over the wee one, as the rest of us sat stationary on the M60 in a queue as she shunted me forward.

Mainly because I watched her do so in my rear mirror, thinking "not much I can do here". I'm not sure if we ban women, children, or German motors.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:49 - Feb 6 with 2792 viewsgiant_stow

The only sticky moment I've had with driving and fags was when l learnt the hard way about why it's a bad idea to fling fag butts out the window. The little sod blew back in through the back window and started smouldering on the back seat. A bit distracting, but otherwise you're wrong.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:52 - Feb 6 with 2754 viewsMullet

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:49 - Feb 6 by giant_stow

The only sticky moment I've had with driving and fags was when l learnt the hard way about why it's a bad idea to fling fag butts out the window. The little sod blew back in through the back window and started smouldering on the back seat. A bit distracting, but otherwise you're wrong.

So apart from when you nearly start a small upholstery fire at 40mph, not a problem?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:53 - Feb 6 with 2732 viewsgiant_stow

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:52 - Feb 6 by Mullet

So apart from when you nearly start a small upholstery fire at 40mph, not a problem?

Precisely - live and learn - I always make sure the back window is shut now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:54 - Feb 6 with 2707 viewsMullet

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:53 - Feb 6 by giant_stow

Precisely - live and learn - I always make sure the back window is shut now.

What about when driving?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:00 - Feb 6 with 2663 viewsgiant_stow

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:54 - Feb 6 by Mullet

What about when driving?

Mirror signal light up

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:01 - Feb 6 with 2647 viewsBlueBadger

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:45 - Feb 6 by Tollycobbold

Stunts the growth I heard.

AND is associated to thinning of the brain cortex...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:03 - Feb 6 with 2634 viewsNewcyBlue

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:49 - Feb 6 by Mullet

Woman who went into the back of me after a game at Huddersfield the other year, had her little darling in the back. Was clear her and her passenger were turning around fawning over the wee one, as the rest of us sat stationary on the M60 in a queue as she shunted me forward.

Mainly because I watched her do so in my rear mirror, thinking "not much I can do here". I'm not sure if we ban women, children, or German motors.

If only her husband had gone into the back of her instead you wouldn't have been shunted by her fawning over her kids!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:05 - Feb 6 with 2615 viewsMullet

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:03 - Feb 6 by NewcyBlue

If only her husband had gone into the back of her instead you wouldn't have been shunted by her fawning over her kids!

Well played my favourite Seaman.

Disgusting but funny. Just like my 20's I guess.

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:05 - Feb 6 with 2612 viewsBlueBadger

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:54 - Feb 6 by Mullet

What about when driving?

Oh, bravo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:05 - Feb 6 with 2602 viewsWeWereZombies

Hmmm, if I think about what I should or shouldn't be doing as I drive along - well, that can be distracting so, taking the line of this argument forward, I think we should all stop thinking when we drive...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:08 - Feb 6 with 2575 viewsPlums

What about shaving? Had some pillock go through a red light in front of me this morning, blocked two lanes of traffic and I couldn't get round him, even on a bike. I could see he had something in his hand, thought it was a phone but no, it was a battery shaver. Great work.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:08 - Feb 6 with 2572 viewshoppy

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:05 - Feb 6 by WeWereZombies

Hmmm, if I think about what I should or shouldn't be doing as I drive along - well, that can be distracting so, taking the line of this argument forward, I think we should all stop thinking when we drive...

So maybe TG had something when she said about her friend driving better when drunk...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:11 - Feb 6 with 2552 viewsoldbluestu

In my experience driving with children in a car is the biggest distraction
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 22:14 - Feb 6 with 2514 viewsElderGrizzly

Probably doesn't give the kids cancer though.

Agree, it's a rather long list if you look purely at distractions. Listening to a Radio Suffolk phone-in after a game should count too
Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 01:18 - Feb 7 with 2344 viewsflashblue

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:46 - Feb 6 by Basuco

I used to drink drive before it was banned, as we all did, means nothing, smoking is as much a distraction as talking on a mobile.

That is incorrect.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 04:04 - Feb 7 with 2297 viewsBinner

Why is smoking behind the wheel not banned ? on 21:46 - Feb 6 by Basuco

Wrong on both counts:

We didn't all drink and drive before it was banned.

Smoking is not so much of a distraction as talking on a mobile phone.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024