Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curbs 14:38 - Feb 7 with 2609 viewshype313

Even though he has been out of the game a while, would you take him at the end of the season if things carry on the way they are?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Curbs on 14:40 - Feb 7 with 2095 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd rather we stuck with Mick.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Curbs on 14:40 - Feb 7 with 2091 viewsJ2BLUE

No. I'd much prefer sticking with MM and actually backing him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Curbs on 14:41 - Feb 7 with 2089 viewsCotty

Keeerrrrrroist no
Curbs on 14:45 - Feb 7 with 2078 viewsBlueBadger

Only if Gary Megson, Roy Keane or Paul Jewell were the other options.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Curbs on 14:45 - Feb 7 with 2070 viewsTractorCam

Christ how many more times are people going to suggest Curbs? It's been 10 years!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Curbs on 14:46 - Feb 7 with 2065 viewshype313

Curbs on 14:45 - Feb 7 by TractorCam

Christ how many more times are people going to suggest Curbs? It's been 10 years!

Calm down dear.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Curbs on 15:12 - Feb 7 with 2007 viewsClausThomsen

He's been out of the game a long time, but he did superbly at Charlton and decent enough at West Ham - and those were his only 2 jobs. No failures as a manager yet there's a perception he's in the Megson basket which is strange.

I'd prefer Rowett - he's got a touch of the Sean Dyche about him, superb at Burton and very unlucky at Birmingham - who were 7th when he left with a much weaker squad than ours. No failures either and he's younger, hungrier etc.
Curbs on 15:14 - Feb 7 with 1992 viewsNo9

NO!
Login to get fewer ads

Curbs on 15:27 - Feb 7 with 1967 viewsGuthrum

If things carry on the way they are, then there's little point in changing the manager, because we will easily accrue enough points to be safe. It's only if things degenerate markedly we have a real problem.

And I can't see much point in having Curbishley, a man who hasn't managed for nearly a decade.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Curbs on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 1949 viewsSteve_M

Curbs on 15:12 - Feb 7 by ClausThomsen

He's been out of the game a long time, but he did superbly at Charlton and decent enough at West Ham - and those were his only 2 jobs. No failures as a manager yet there's a perception he's in the Megson basket which is strange.

I'd prefer Rowett - he's got a touch of the Sean Dyche about him, superb at Burton and very unlucky at Birmingham - who were 7th when he left with a much weaker squad than ours. No failures either and he's younger, hungrier etc.

Curbishley left West Ham 8.5 years ago

I like Rowett, but he has a touch of the Mick McCarthy about him too. It's not a significant change of style or approach.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Curbs on 15:44 - Feb 7 with 1906 viewsDolly2.0

If things carry on the way they were on Saturday I'd keep Mick ahead of anyone else.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Curbs on 15:46 - Feb 7 with 1897 viewsFtnfwest

at one time yes but not now. If ME is in the position of finding a new manager though at the end of the season that's the type of appointment he'd go for i'm afraid.
Curbs on 15:59 - Feb 7 with 1866 viewsitfcjoe

I would've been happy with him when Mick came in, but a bit concerned how long he'd been out of the game - and that was over 4 years ago and he still is!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Curbs on 15:59 - Feb 7 with 1863 viewsKeno

Curbs on 15:59 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

I would've been happy with him when Mick came in, but a bit concerned how long he'd been out of the game - and that was over 4 years ago and he still is!

does anyone know why Curbs is still out management??

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Curbs on 16:01 - Feb 7 with 1851 viewsitfcjoe

Curbs on 15:59 - Feb 7 by Keno

He was due to take Wolves job when they sacked Mick but pulled out after which is why they were stuck with TC who was unsuited - but not been close since apparently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Curbs on 16:01 - Feb 7 with 1853 viewsCaptainObvious

we've got spending curbs in place, so if we get curbs will the spending curbs continue so we have a non-spending curbs or will they be lifted so we have a spending curbs without spending curbs?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:01]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Curbs on 16:21 - Feb 7 with 1804 viewsblueblood66

No I want a younger more vibrant enthusiastic manager who is prepared to set up to attack for EVERY match. Mick has nothing to lose at present, that's why the shackles have come off for the time being.
Curbs on 16:46 - Feb 7 with 1759 viewsFixed_It

Curbs on 15:59 - Feb 7 by Keno

Gone into real estate apparently...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Curbs on 16:49 - Feb 7 with 1738 viewsKeno

Curbs on 16:46 - Feb 7 by Fixed_It

Gone into real estate apparently...

Lord Woodbridge last I heard

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Curbs on 16:50 - Feb 7 with 1724 viewsbluejacko

NO NO and more NO's
Curbs on 17:39 - Feb 7 with 1661 viewsOxfordTH_1981

The 1990s called. They want their manager back.
Curbs on 18:05 - Feb 7 with 1600 viewsomuircheartaigh

Interesting question Hype.

I was over for the QPR and was talking over lunch with my mate and his Mrs before the game. He mentioned Curbs. I mentioned GB. Curbs has a good record.

According to some the views of my mate are somehow misguided because it's a throwback to times past. It's a logic I don't really agree with. Mick is 58, 2 years shy of GB. There are other senior managers enjoying plenty of relative success.

I must admit I had lost faith in Mick but after reading the post Reading comments, some optimism is restored. Of course he may still decide to walk, even if he enjoys more support than in recent times.

Whatever the case, I think ME will place more value on experience than some of the posters on here.
Curbs on 18:07 - Feb 7 with 1589 viewsClausThomsen

Curbs on 15:30 - Feb 7 by Steve_M

Curbishley left West Ham 8.5 years ago

I like Rowett, but he has a touch of the Mick McCarthy about him too. It's not a significant change of style or approach.

I'm not sure what style they played at Burton, but it was successful - Birmingham there were gripes about the style but they were 7th with inferior players to ours...

Just think it's the best of the realistic bunch our owner would plump for.
Curbs on 18:19 - Feb 7 with 1547 viewsomuircheartaigh

Curbs on 18:07 - Feb 7 by ClausThomsen

I'm not sure what style they played at Burton, but it was successful - Birmingham there were gripes about the style but they were 7th with inferior players to ours...

Just think it's the best of the realistic bunch our owner would plump for.

Tony Mowbray would be my guess, if Mick isn't here next season. GB with an assistant of McGreal would be my choice.
Curbs on 18:30 - Feb 7 with 1513 viewsbournemouthblue

It's basically the Burley argument although he has had slightly more involvement in modern football?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024