Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens now???? 22:09 - Feb 14 with 5201 viewsgtsb1966

Mick rightfully chastised for playing negative football and hoof football, players out of position and players not quite up to it in many peoples eyes and we look incredibly poor. Now young players given a chance, good loan players and players in the right positions and we look a side again. Has Mick finally seen the light? I was one of those who wanted him gone. As things stand now I think I'm wrong as especially how well he has in the past, and is now, getting us defensively sound again. Over to the owner now. With investment and the young players getting more experience we could be a serious contender in this league again.
What happens now???? on 09:21 - Feb 15 with 566 viewsClausThomsen

What happens now???? on 01:02 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

Why's it taken him so long?

Because up to the middle of January 2016, he had a team which worked, which got us into the play-offs.

Then it began to break down (partly due to extended injury lay-offs and the odd key player being sold) and it's taken three transfer windows, during which not a lot has been spent on permanent signings (whether because of owner or manager, we don't know), to rebuild.

He wasn't forced to bring Diagouraga into the team, that happened before Skuse was injured. Huws and Taylor started the Reading game also. He'd been playing three CBs plus wing-backs since the start of January.

We had a bad blip in both the first half and the second half of last season. It was another season (like this one) where we haven't gained any momentum or put any notable run together. It hasn't "worked" since the playoffs, and the squad Mick assembled for this season was half-arsed, until the signings he made last month.

And through all this inconsistency we've been "matching up", playing square pegs in round holes and worrying too much about the opposition, when like yesterday we play our own shape and stick with it we do alright - even with a depleted squad.

Mick deserves credit for escaping relegation when he arrived and making the playoffs in 14/15, and he deserves criticism for his performance since the playoffs.

He wasn't forced to bring Diagouraga in, but he was brought in to play alongside Skuse (ie. instead of Douglas). With a fully fit squad there's no way Mick would play those 3 in midfield based on his previous. He wasn't forced to play a centreback at rightback, Gerken ahead of Bialkowski, free-scoring Sears on the wing, 35 year-old Douglas ahead of Bishop. In fact, Grant Ward has been a central midfielder all along! It's just madness.

Mick's gonna get to the end of the season, let's see how it goes.
What happens now???? on 09:52 - Feb 15 with 536 viewsjeera

What happens now???? on 22:48 - Feb 14 by reusersfreekicks

Keep Pitman and let McGoldrick go! Thank goodness you're not in the hot seat

And why Spence? What's he done?

Handy squad player at least Shirley.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What happens now???? on 11:27 - Feb 15 with 507 viewsDoobDude

If you can't change the manager then the manager has to change.
And he has and therefore my view has changed. McCarthy deserves another chance to rebuild.

Hopefully this change isn't just because season ticket renewals are due soon but I'm still a bit cynical.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

on 14:20 - Feb 15 with 469 views_

What happens now???? on 09:52 - Feb 15 by jeera

And why Spence? What's he done?

Handy squad player at least Shirley.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024