Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens now???? 22:09 - Feb 14 with 5202 viewsgtsb1966

Mick rightfully chastised for playing negative football and hoof football, players out of position and players not quite up to it in many peoples eyes and we look incredibly poor. Now young players given a chance, good loan players and players in the right positions and we look a side again. Has Mick finally seen the light? I was one of those who wanted him gone. As things stand now I think I'm wrong as especially how well he has in the past, and is now, getting us defensively sound again. Over to the owner now. With investment and the young players getting more experience we could be a serious contender in this league again.
What happens now???? on 22:28 - Feb 14 with 1696 viewsKieran_Knows

What happens now???? on 22:27 - Feb 14 by christiand

I think Pitman can go. I'd give Chambers a new contract especially how he has played since the forest business. The fact he thought he was going and the level of performance he has put in has shown me that he deserves to be shown he is wanted by the club.

Agree with regards to Chambers.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What happens now???? on 22:28 - Feb 14 with 1692 viewsKieran_Knows

What happens now???? on 22:25 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Think he'd be good to use as part of the bid for a striker that'll suit us better.

Good shout.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What happens now???? on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1688 viewsReuser_is_God

What happens now???? on 22:28 - Feb 14 by ElderGrizzly

Chambers, Berra, Pitman, Lawrence, Huws

Think Webster will be here another season due to that injury taking him out of limelight

Wouldn't be at all disappointed if Pitman left.

Chambers & Huws both key in recent upturn, we should do all we can't to keep them.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What happens now???? on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1688 viewspointofblue

What happens now???? on 22:28 - Feb 14 by ElderGrizzly

Chambers, Berra, Pitman, Lawrence, Huws

Think Webster will be here another season due to that injury taking him out of limelight

It'd be a shame if we lose Huws considering what we've seen of him up to now. Question is whether we can afford him.

I assume Douglas might go in the summer - do you think we'll sign Diagouraga?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What happens now???? on 22:31 - Feb 14 with 1669 viewsElderGrizzly

What happens now???? on 22:29 - Feb 14 by pointofblue

It'd be a shame if we lose Huws considering what we've seen of him up to now. Question is whether we can afford him.

Ha! I forgot about Douglas. Clearly he's gone.

I imagine we will sign Diagouraga if Mick is still here. More up in the air if he's not
What happens now???? on 22:32 - Feb 14 with 1663 viewsReuser_is_God

What happens now???? on 22:29 - Feb 14 by pointofblue

Players who come here on loan & do well who won't cost millions to sign permanently have to go be signed permanently as soon as we can get it done.

Evans out

What happens now???? on 22:33 - Feb 14 with 1652 viewsClausThomsen

Why's it taken him so long?

The last 3 games have been superb, if we can build on them and finish the season strongly it'd be hard to get rid. And I'll eat my hat.

But imo, I have no confidence in MM any more. I think his hand is forced at the moment with the team, I reckon he'll revert to the type he's exhibited in the last 4 years - he'll change the team for Saturday based on the player's hunger to get through the dangerous assault course he's got set up at the training ground. Cole Skuse hops through those tyres like his arse is on fire and Jonathan Douglas flies down the zipwire with reckless abandon. Please don't change the team. Every time you do it we stutter. Just leave it and let the players play.

Good result tonight.
What happens now???? on 22:34 - Feb 14 with 1638 viewsSteve_M

I think we reassess in a couple of months. MM, ME and the fans all need to feel that we can build something again next season. Given the likely low budget then I think keeping McCarthy wins out over a fresh start if we can get three or four good second-tier players in.

I still think a mutual termination of contact is the most likely option in the Summer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

on 22:38 - Feb 14 with 1581 views_

What happens now???? on 22:17 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Who do you think?

Berra & Lawrence are certainties to go, who else?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 22:19]

What happens now???? on 22:39 - Feb 14 with 1572 viewspointofblue

What happens now???? on 22:33 - Feb 14 by ClausThomsen

The last 3 games have been superb, if we can build on them and finish the season strongly it'd be hard to get rid. And I'll eat my hat.

But imo, I have no confidence in MM any more. I think his hand is forced at the moment with the team, I reckon he'll revert to the type he's exhibited in the last 4 years - he'll change the team for Saturday based on the player's hunger to get through the dangerous assault course he's got set up at the training ground. Cole Skuse hops through those tyres like his arse is on fire and Jonathan Douglas flies down the zipwire with reckless abandon. Please don't change the team. Every time you do it we stutter. Just leave it and let the players play.

Good result tonight.

To be fair, he'll have to change it - and he may be limited on options depending on relative fitness of players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What happens now???? on 22:43 - Feb 14 with 1547 viewsClausThomsen

What happens now???? on 22:39 - Feb 14 by pointofblue

To be fair, he'll have to change it - and he may be limited on options depending on relative fitness of players.

Lawrence is suspended, so another striker (Moore hopefully) will be his direct replacement.

Skuse in for Toums, and hopefully that's that.
What happens now???? on 22:48 - Feb 14 with 1518 viewsreusersfreekicks

on 22:38 - Feb 14 by _

Keep Pitman and let McGoldrick go! Thank goodness you're not in the hot seat
What happens now???? on 22:51 - Feb 14 with 1511 viewsITFCBlues

What happens now???? on 22:21 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Yep, that's the key.

Get these good players, who won't cost millions, like Toumani & Huws signed up.

Town should have a no losn player policy IMO, yes we may have to pay a bit more upfront but we won't have to do it every year like we do now.

Huws cost Cardiff 2m in the summer...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What happens now???? on 22:52 - Feb 14 with 1508 viewsVaughan8

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I haven't seen any of the recent games, but it sounds like we have improved in terms of performance as well as results.

However, it is only the past 3 games. Strangely he has had to not play a few of his Favourites, and the team has improved.

Even playing with one CB tonight we seemed to be better than when DIgby and Berra were in a back 3?

I think its down to Mick if he wants to stay beyond this season. Evans would probably keep him regardless.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 22:53]
What happens now???? on 22:54 - Feb 14 with 1497 viewsbabyblue

Bart doesn't want to leave unless the club choose to sell him. Young family very settled in the area and Mrs B very happy as well with good network of friends around
What happens now???? on 22:56 - Feb 14 with 1485 viewsITFCBlues

What happens now???? on 22:52 - Feb 14 by Vaughan8

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I haven't seen any of the recent games, but it sounds like we have improved in terms of performance as well as results.

However, it is only the past 3 games. Strangely he has had to not play a few of his Favourites, and the team has improved.

Even playing with one CB tonight we seemed to be better than when DIgby and Berra were in a back 3?

I think its down to Mick if he wants to stay beyond this season. Evans would probably keep him regardless.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 22:53]

And rightly so. We're mid table which is where we should finish. Mick just needs some money - until that happens things aren't going to get a lot better

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What happens now???? on 22:57 - Feb 14 with 1474 viewsgtsb1966

What happens now???? on 22:56 - Feb 14 by ITFCBlues

And rightly so. We're mid table which is where we should finish. Mick just needs some money - until that happens things aren't going to get a lot better

This
on 23:08 - Feb 14 with 1428 views_

What happens now???? on 22:48 - Feb 14 by reusersfreekicks

Keep Pitman and let McGoldrick go! Thank goodness you're not in the hot seat

What happens now???? on 01:02 - Feb 15 with 1367 viewsGuthrum

What happens now???? on 22:33 - Feb 14 by ClausThomsen

Good result tonight.

Because up to the middle of January 2016, he had a team which worked, which got us into the play-offs.

Then it began to break down (partly due to extended injury lay-offs and the odd key player being sold) and it's taken three transfer windows, during which not a lot has been spent on permanent signings (whether because of owner or manager, we don't know), to rebuild.

He wasn't forced to bring Diagouraga into the team, that happened before Skuse was injured. Huws and Taylor started the Reading game also. He'd been playing three CBs plus wing-backs since the start of January.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What happens now???? on 02:37 - Feb 15 with 1343 viewsJohnny_Boy

What happens now???? on 01:02 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

Because up to the middle of January 2016, he had a team which worked, which got us into the play-offs.

Then it began to break down (partly due to extended injury lay-offs and the odd key player being sold) and it's taken three transfer windows, during which not a lot has been spent on permanent signings (whether because of owner or manager, we don't know), to rebuild.

He wasn't forced to bring Diagouraga into the team, that happened before Skuse was injured. Huws and Taylor started the Reading game also. He'd been playing three CBs plus wing-backs since the start of January.

The 'injuries' excuse cuts both ways Guthers.

If you insist on bringing in 'key creative' players with a bit of regular injury history problem, you can't then moan when the enevitable happens.
What happens now???? on 07:18 - Feb 15 with 1290 viewsTractorWood

What happens now???? on 01:02 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

The injury point is lack of squad resilience. Didz, Williams, Hyam, Bishop all have had multiple, long spells out in the past.

We haven't rebuilt the squad because Huws, Toums and Lawrence are all loans. Our current run is excellent considering the opposition and how inconsistent we've been but we aren't at the end of the tunnel.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 7:21]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What happens now???? on 07:19 - Feb 15 with 1288 viewsReuser_is_God

What happens now???? on 07:18 - Feb 15 by TractorWood

The injury point is lack of squad resilience. Didz, Williams, Hyam, Bishop all have had multiple, long spells out in the past.

We haven't rebuilt the squad because Huws, Toums and Lawrence are all loans. Our current run is excellent considering the opposition and how inconsistent we've been but we aren't at the end of the tunnel.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 7:21]

This.

Evans out

What happens now???? on 07:24 - Feb 15 with 1281 viewsReuser_is_God

What happens now???? on 22:51 - Feb 14 by ITFCBlues

Huws cost Cardiff 2m in the summer...

Really? Bloody hell.

Evans out

What happens now???? on 07:47 - Feb 15 with 1264 viewsPlums

Let's see what happens the next time we get thumped. We've been down the 'brave new world' route with Mick a couple of times and he's reverted to type at a sign of trouble.
For me, the jury's out.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

What happens now???? on 07:50 - Feb 15 with 1262 viewsbraveblue

Only three games and changes due to injury. Let's see what happens when Skuse is fit. MM has a lot of negative football to make up for. Sadly I don't believe we will see any investment with Evans here. We should be offering the loan players contracts now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024