Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves winning... we get closer 21:34 - Mar 14 with 4993 viewstextbackup

Mick out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wolves winning... we get closer on 02:15 - Mar 15 with 1856 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Wolves winning... we get closer on 00:42 - Mar 15 by Guthrum

No we don't. The teams below us change places a bit. Keeps Brentford within range just above us - if they lose away at Burton and we win at Cardiff, we will be up a place (doubt Rotherham will beat QPR away).

Had a look at the other fan forums. Cardiff City and Aston Villa both regard themselves as still being in an intense relegation battle, and rather bizarrely we seem to be the only club in the bottom 13 who isn't taking this seriously. Brentford fans do think they will stay up, but acknowledge that they are involved in a battle.blackburn think they have the depth of squad to survive. Burton do feel they will stay up also, and are banking on the 3 points against us.

I'm frankly surprised that we aren't taking it as a possibility. The fight mentality is important when we're near the bottom. Too many clubs in the past have thought "we're too good to go down"

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 06:02 - Mar 15 with 1813 viewsBenters

Worry you not dear chap !

We wont go down with Saint MM,but with wont go up Lord ME !

#excitingtimes

#livingthedream

#strongerasone

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Wolves winning... we get closer on 06:54 - Mar 15 with 1769 viewsTLA

Wolves winning... we get closer on 02:15 - Mar 15 by BrettenhamBlue

Had a look at the other fan forums. Cardiff City and Aston Villa both regard themselves as still being in an intense relegation battle, and rather bizarrely we seem to be the only club in the bottom 13 who isn't taking this seriously. Brentford fans do think they will stay up, but acknowledge that they are involved in a battle.blackburn think they have the depth of squad to survive. Burton do feel they will stay up also, and are banking on the 3 points against us.

I'm frankly surprised that we aren't taking it as a possibility. The fight mentality is important when we're near the bottom. Too many clubs in the past have thought "we're too good to go down"

It is bunching up behind us a little bit now and we have to play several sides below us, which could work either way.

I'm not sure whether to be worried, or to look forward to games in which we have something to play for. A relegation battle might get the pulse racing!
Wolves winning... we get closer on 06:59 - Mar 15 with 1762 viewsReuser_is_God

Wolves winning... we get closer on 06:02 - Mar 15 by Benters

Worry you not dear chap !

We wont go down with Saint MM,but with wont go up Lord ME !

#excitingtimes

#livingthedream

#strongerasone

#FabulousFebruary

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 07:00 - Mar 15 with 1760 viewsBenters

Wolves winning... we get closer on 06:59 - Mar 15 by Reuser_is_God

#FabulousFebruary

#indeed

Gentlybentley

Wolves winning... we get closer on 07:02 - Mar 15 with 1755 viewsReuser_is_God

The key games are Birmingham & Wigan at home right at the start of April.

Failure to take over 4 points in those games could leave us mighty close with tough games thereafter.

Mick out Evans out

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 07:19 - Mar 15 with 1723 viewsTLA

Wolves winning... we get closer on 07:02 - Mar 15 by Reuser_is_God

The key games are Birmingham & Wigan at home right at the start of April.

Failure to take over 4 points in those games could leave us mighty close with tough games thereafter.

Mick out Evans out

I'm now away for those two games - even a week or two ago it looked like they would be 'nothing' matches but they just could be vital now.

I've never been a fan of sacking managers and I have no idea what 'Evans out' means for us - who steps in to at least cover the losses? Something has to change though.
Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:00 - Mar 15 with 1668 viewsSwn98

I do believe some so called supporters pray for us to lose so as to full fill their dangerous agenda.
Login to get fewer ads

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:04 - Mar 15 with 1654 viewsPinewoodblue

We do seem very complacent about it all but at least no one is actually saying we are too good to go down.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:08 - Mar 15 with 1631 viewsTLA

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:04 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

We do seem very complacent about it all but at least no one is actually saying we are too good to go down.

Most of my mates and the people I stand with at games are accepting that our downward spiral will result in relegation in the next year or two, unless something changes. None of us can see what positive change might halt the slide right now though.
Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:17 - Mar 15 with 1624 viewsitfcjoe

I haven't thought we are in trouble all season, but despite not losing at the moment we are getting pulled back towards that pack of teams.

We need a win soon, or we'll be within 3-4 points of the drop and it could go badly wrong at that point.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:21 - Mar 15 with 1610 viewstextbackup

Wolves winning... we get closer on 23:09 - Mar 14 by patrickswell

Except that he has done just that through an intimidating run of fixtures in February and all the way through to a late equaliser on Saturday, the first in the run of draws where we've come from behind.

All those brilliant draws

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:22 - Mar 15 with 1602 viewsSteve_M

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:17 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

I haven't thought we are in trouble all season, but despite not losing at the moment we are getting pulled back towards that pack of teams.

We need a win soon, or we'll be within 3-4 points of the drop and it could go badly wrong at that point.

Four points from the next three takes the pressure off completely in my view.

It will take a lot for Wigan to make up 11 points on us so there is really only one place to be concerned about and a lot of clubs still involved. I think we'll lose on Saturday though so it will look even worse before it gets better.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:26 - Mar 15 with 1587 viewsBenters

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:00 - Mar 15 by Swn98

I do believe some so called supporters pray for us to lose so as to full fill their dangerous agenda.

'dangerous agenda' thats a new one !

Gentlybentley

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:28 - Mar 15 with 1581 viewsBenters

we are to good to go down ( i always thought it was to big a club to go down tbh)

Gentlybentley

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:39 - Mar 15 with 1557 viewsitfcjoe

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:22 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

Four points from the next three takes the pressure off completely in my view.

It will take a lot for Wigan to make up 11 points on us so there is really only one place to be concerned about and a lot of clubs still involved. I think we'll lose on Saturday though so it will look even worse before it gets better.

6 points over rest of season will be enough to stay up comfortable, but we just need a win to relieve some pressure as other sides are picking them up and 3 points makes a big difference

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:45 - Mar 15 with 1538 viewshype313

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:39 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

6 points over rest of season will be enough to stay up comfortable, but we just need a win to relieve some pressure as other sides are picking them up and 3 points makes a big difference

Which makes me believe that Mick will go at the end of the season, we are going backwards with him and the whole point of having a manager is to supposedly build a team capable of challenging for promotion.

The caveat is if the owner doesn't want to give him money then he's screwed either way, but that's another issue we have.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Wolves winning... we get closer on 09:33 - Mar 15 with 1462 viewsTLA

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:45 - Mar 15 by hype313

Which makes me believe that Mick will go at the end of the season, we are going backwards with him and the whole point of having a manager is to supposedly build a team capable of challenging for promotion.

The caveat is if the owner doesn't want to give him money then he's screwed either way, but that's another issue we have.

If Mick still wants a job in this division, there will surely be someone who will take him. He would almost certainly have a bigger budget than here so it might be in his interests to leave.

I don't like the fact that he seems to be calling the shots, even though I like him. Maybe both him and us need a change, even though I feel his might work out better than ours.
Wolves winning... we get closer on 09:36 - Mar 15 with 1457 viewsBent_double

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:39 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

And without wanting to state the bleeedin obvious, the sooner we get those 2 wins, the better, as Mick will start playing a few of the fringe players to see how they perform.

I can see another draw against Cardiff (don't we usually do OK there?), and at least one win from Brum/Wigan, although I think the Brum owners will sack Zola very soon, probably just before we play them.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 09:44 - Mar 15 with 1438 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Wolves winning... we get closer on 02:15 - Mar 15 by BrettenhamBlue

Mick will think he is too good to down, is the most worrying thing. The man's arrogance is very off putting.
Wolves winning... we get closer on 09:46 - Mar 15 with 1429 viewsMach_foreignBlue

But you'll find some claiming that we're a midtable side.
Wolves winning... we get closer on 10:24 - Mar 15 with 1369 viewspatrickswell

Wolves winning... we get closer on 08:21 - Mar 15 by textbackup

All those brilliant draws

There were doommongers on here worried we would lose every game in February. There's nothing wrong with the team's ability to "fight for the cause", it's more elementary things like holding or building on a lead that's made this unbeaten run lead us towards a relegation battle.
Wolves winning... we get closer on 10:34 - Mar 15 with 1336 viewsRadlett_blue

Wolves winning... we get closer on 09:36 - Mar 15 by Bent_double

And without wanting to state the bleeedin obvious, the sooner we get those 2 wins, the better, as Mick will start playing a few of the fringe players to see how they perform.

I can see another draw against Cardiff (don't we usually do OK there?), and at least one win from Brum/Wigan, although I think the Brum owners will sack Zola very soon, probably just before we play them.

Mick is such a conservative that I doubt he'll be playing the younger players much more until we are mathematically safe.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 11:47 - Mar 15 with 1258 viewsKeaneish

Wolves winning... we get closer on 00:42 - Mar 15 by Guthrum

No we don't. The teams below us change places a bit. Keeps Brentford within range just above us - if they lose away at Burton and we win at Cardiff, we will be up a place (doubt Rotherham will beat QPR away).

You seem to be the eternal purveyor of MM optimism...

The reality is that we have 5 from the bottom 8 in out last 9 fixtures. Lose at least one of those and we'll be drawn into a relegation battle. That, for me, is not acceptable and given that we've been scraping draws of late, i foresee this happening.

Irrespective of whether this happened or not, Mick's time is up.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Wolves winning... we get closer on 11:51 - Mar 15 with 1237 viewsSteve_M

Wolves winning... we get closer on 10:24 - Mar 15 by patrickswell

There were doommongers on here worried we would lose every game in February. There's nothing wrong with the team's ability to "fight for the cause", it's more elementary things like holding or building on a lead that's made this unbeaten run lead us towards a relegation battle.

Yes, one or two wins from that run where we were playing well and it would all look very comfortable. That ability to fight and grind out results - in contrast to certain former managers - is why I'm really not too concerned about relegation this season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024