Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"My goal is to build a more united UK" 17:16 - Mar 27 with 8824 viewsDarth_Koont

Baby steps, Theresa. Baby steps.

Let's first see if you can organise a p!ssup in a brewery.

Pronouns: He/Him

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:42 - Mar 27 with 751 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:33 - Mar 27 by blueislander

One assumes he does. Otherwise why mention it?

Yeah, that's just me in shock.

It's the casual linking of stuff that really has nothing to do with the EU that disturbs me. I know it's been par for the course in much of the media and our more populist politicians to make the EU the scapegoat for anything that goes wrong but these examples are pretty ridiculous.

As I said earlier, maybe one thing in Brexit's favour will be that we'll have to grow up a bit and take more responsibility for the society we live in.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:42 - Mar 27 with 748 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:37 - Mar 27 by blueislander

And the reason for that is that we have been a member of what is now the EU?

What I said was before any eec or Eu things were better , it remains to be seen if things can get back to how they were , it sure ain't gonna be a quick fix but things were getting worse and worse year by year , something had to change
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:44 - Mar 27 with 730 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:42 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, that's just me in shock.

It's the casual linking of stuff that really has nothing to do with the EU that disturbs me. I know it's been par for the course in much of the media and our more populist politicians to make the EU the scapegoat for anything that goes wrong but these examples are pretty ridiculous.

As I said earlier, maybe one thing in Brexit's favour will be that we'll have to grow up a bit and take more responsibility for the society we live in.

Ridiculous in your opinion , but then again , your in the minority
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:47 - Mar 27 with 730 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:42 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

What I said was before any eec or Eu things were better , it remains to be seen if things can get back to how they were , it sure ain't gonna be a quick fix but things were getting worse and worse year by year , something had to change

You really think you turn the clock back . Do you want to back to the days of the 3 day week, no environmental controls, no gay rights, and a myriad things in which the UK has made progress?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:50 - Mar 27 with 719 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:47 - Mar 27 by blueislander

You really think you turn the clock back . Do you want to back to the days of the 3 day week, no environmental controls, no gay rights, and a myriad things in which the UK has made progress?

Do you think those things you've mentioned are more important than the ones I mentioned, the ones I mentioned are a basic better quality of life which everyone deserves , and as for the 3 day week , then it's worse today with zero hours contracts , you may only get one day a week f
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:52 - Mar 27 with 716 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:44 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Ridiculous in your opinion , but then again , your in the minority

But you still haven't even explained the link to the EU for any of them.

It's ridiculous to have an opinion you can't even explain.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:53 - Mar 27 with 708 viewsSwansea_Blue

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:09 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

You mean I'm dealing in facts , your dealing in guesses , I don't normally reply on these brexit for and against threads , but you are continually calling brexiters ignorant and stupid because you have different views , you lost , get over it , nothing is proven yet wether it will be worse or better , but to keep going on about it like you do , well you'll make yourself Ill , my points are and why I voted to leave are
Did we suceefully trade with Europe prior to any eec or Eu involvement
Were classroom sizes smaller
Were there less unemployed
Were hospital waiting lists smaller
Was there more manufacturing in the country
Were doctors waiting lists smaller
Were there more social housing opportunities for people who could not get a mortgage
There is just a few questions , a simple yes or no would be sufficient to answer them as these are facts not guesses

And we used to get more snow in the winter and Town won the league!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:54 - Mar 27 with 699 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:50 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Do you think those things you've mentioned are more important than the ones I mentioned, the ones I mentioned are a basic better quality of life which everyone deserves , and as for the 3 day week , then it's worse today with zero hours contracts , you may only get one day a week f

Yes I do. You have beenchallenged to explain how are membership of the EU is to blame for all these deteriorations in our life that you have quoted. Can you do that?
Login to get fewer ads

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:55 - Mar 27 with 692 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:50 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Explain the link between the EU and zero-hours contracts for me. Is it the bit where the EU is against them and has put pressure on the UK government to provide better protection for workers?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:55 - Mar 27 with 688 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pistonbroke..."Were classroom sizes smaller
Were there more social housing opportunities for people who could not get a mortgage"

I voted to Leave but none of this above is the result of our being in the EU. Apart from indirectly in that the EU serve the interests of corporate globalism and all the losses above are a result of pandering to the interests of 'free market ' economics over the interests of citizens !
Have you considered voting for Corbyn based on your concerns ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:57 - Mar 27 with 678 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:52 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Once again you must admit that prior to any European organisation what I stated is true , now wether this is any direct consequence of being part of a European organisation remains to be seen , I have no proof it is , likewise you have no proof it is not , time will tell but things had to change as they are getting worse by the year
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:58 - Mar 27 with 675 viewsHerbivore

Some top notch trolling from pistonbroke on this thread.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:00 - Mar 27 with 669 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:58 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

Some top notch trolling from pistonbroke on this thread.

So tell me what I've said is wrong
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:00 - Mar 27 with 668 viewsThePitBoss

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:52 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Free movement.

How can you plan for anything when you have no control?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:01 - Mar 27 with 665 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:55 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Pistonbroke..."Were classroom sizes smaller
Were there more social housing opportunities for people who could not get a mortgage"

I voted to Leave but none of this above is the result of our being in the EU. Apart from indirectly in that the EU serve the interests of corporate globalism and all the losses above are a result of pandering to the interests of 'free market ' economics over the interests of citizens !
Have you considered voting for Corbyn based on your concerns ?

And even if you're right that the EU is an institution that bows to free-market pressure, we've had far more of the free-market ideologues in charge who have actually designed the policy - for the UK and the EU.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:01 - Mar 27 with 659 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:55 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Explain the link between the EU and zero-hours contracts for me. Is it the bit where the EU is against them and has put pressure on the UK government to provide better protection for workers?

The powers that be at the EU would happily have rolled over and had their tummies tickled over TTIP....let's not pretend any of this is black and white.....and then there's Greece, failure to prosecute (in fact protecting in law) 'Too big to fails'.....etc....etc...

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:02 - Mar 27 with 655 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:00 - Mar 27 by ThePitBoss

Free movement.

Exactly but if I had said that , I would be accused of a typical brexit racist which is not true
(No subject) on 22:03 - Mar 27 with 652 viewsClapham_Junction

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:18 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Please explain with actual facts , not guesses why we will be worse off and suffer

If you want a cast iron example, some jobs are dependent on us being in the EU and will be lost if we leave. As I mentioned in another discussion a week or two ago, Korean companies are already downsizing their UK offices (which have tended to be their European HQs) and are moving staff to offices in Germany. This sort of thing will happen under the radar as companies won't want to risk bad publicity by saying what they're doing.

Almost all the problems you have pointed out (e.g. selling off our social housing, longer waiting times or larger class sizes) are nothing to do with the EU, but rather our own government's policies (e.g. right to buy) and a lack of central government funding for the NHS and schools. The last two were improving in the early 2000s when we had more government investment in public services. The financial crash was caused in the US, although perhaps exacerbated here by a lack of financial regulation.

The real problem is that because we have a media whose owners largely want a right wing government, they have to find scapegoats for the problems that right-wing policies cause, because pointing out the real causes might lead to people not voting for the parties they want us to. The EU, alongside immigrants and trade unions, has been one of those scapegoats.
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:05 - Mar 27 with 640 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:57 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Once again you must admit that prior to any European organisation what I stated is true , now wether this is any direct consequence of being part of a European organisation remains to be seen , I have no proof it is , likewise you have no proof it is not , time will tell but things had to change as they are getting worse by the year

I think that neatly sums up the motivations for a majority of leave voters....the majority of us have been and will continue to be screwed regardless....if it means that people are waking from their slumber (Thatcher onwards )then that is a good thing .

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:06 - Mar 27 with 635 viewseireblue

Free movement.

It is called free market economics.

Shouldn't really have government intervening and controlling stuff.

Let supply and demand handle it, I think it is a sort of right wing idea.
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:06 - Mar 27 with 635 viewsHerbivore

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:00 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

So tell me what I've said is wrong

Literally everything. Are you really not trolling?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:08 - Mar 27 with 627 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:06 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

Literally everything. Are you really not trolling?

So tell me your experiences of life prior to any European organisation
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:11 - Mar 27 with 617 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Free movement.

How about taking on the relevant power (those whose interests free movement serves) rather than the people for whom economic necessity dictates uprooting themselves. Kick up the ladder not down it .

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:11 - Mar 27 with 613 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:57 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Wait. So you don't even need any real evidence to suggest these links?

You don't work for the Mail or the Express do you?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:12 - Mar 27 with 610 viewsHerbivore

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:08 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

So tell me your experiences of life prior to any European organisation

What's that got to do with anything? Assuming you're not trolling your entire argument seems to be that you think things were better in your day, in your day we weren't in the EU and therefore the EU is bad. It's the equivalent of 2+2=5 but if one of the 2s was in fact a number you'd just decided to make up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024