Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"My goal is to build a more united UK" 17:16 - Mar 27 with 8827 viewsDarth_Koont

Baby steps, Theresa. Baby steps.

Let's first see if you can organise a p!ssup in a brewery.

Pronouns: He/Him

(No subject) on 10:15 - Mar 28 with 748 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) on 09:59 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

what do you mean " you've just given more power to"? I voted Remain. In the last 2 Gen Elecs I didnt vote as there was no party that represented what I think is for the best.

Something is a nice guy and an excellent football analyst but his remark was crass stupid and rude and atypical of the kind of thing Factual dryas Cotty Vapor and DarthKoont come up with all the time - "people who voted Leave did it because they are stupid and were deceived".

Oi.

People were deceived. By both sides. That referendum was the worst campaign I can recall.

If you think the country made an informed choice, you're welcome to your opinion, but I make you incorrect. And if you think that's crass stupid and rude you probably need to build some resilience.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:15 - Mar 28 with 748 viewsBlueLikeJazz

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:52 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Maybe because things were better , but then you would not know would you

Better for whom exactly?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:16 - Mar 28 with 738 viewsNo9

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 17:29 - Mar 27 by pickles110564

But thats not what the majority want, we do not want a cooling off period we want them to get on with it.

Get on with what ?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:16 - Mar 28 with 738 viewsClapham_Junction

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:54 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

I would keep the hubris under wraps as I rather fear our friends in Berlin Brussels Washington and Beijing are going to punish us for this transgression. That's why I voted Remain. But it's done now and all the neoliberal dry lunches are crying into their soy lattes so you take the laughs where you find them.

I would have thought that neoliberals would have tended to vote out because they don't like the various regulations that the EU puts on us.
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:17 - Mar 28 with 718 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:08 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

What does this even mean.

Your post seems to suggest that what "the ruling classes get for ignoring half the country for the last 50 years " is to carry on ruling and ignoring half the country.....that'll show them !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:20 - Mar 28 with 707 viewsNo9

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:29 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

They're not facts. It's an extrapolation based on a small sample. May be representative, may not, but as an approach it's one that has been shown to be of dubious reliability in recent years.

It's suggestive that there is still a split.

Which coming back to the OP, on top of May's dealing with the Sctolandics, suggests that she's got hell of a long way to go to unite the UK.

And according to some analysis done on the N.I. election the mood in the North is to re-unite the Island of Ireland.
How many dictators have opened up war zones on so many fronts and succeeded?
(No subject) on 10:25 - Mar 28 with 693 viewschicoazul

(No subject) on 10:15 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

Oi.

People were deceived. By both sides. That referendum was the worst campaign I can recall.

If you think the country made an informed choice, you're welcome to your opinion, but I make you incorrect. And if you think that's crass stupid and rude you probably need to build some resilience.

I dont think *thats* crass stupid and rude no.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:26 - Mar 28 with 681 viewschicoazul

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:17 - Mar 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Your post seems to suggest that what "the ruling classes get for ignoring half the country for the last 50 years " is to carry on ruling and ignoring half the country.....that'll show them !

Why not ask me what I mean if youre confused?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:27 - Mar 28 with 670 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:15 - Mar 28 by BlueLikeJazz

Better for whom exactly?

Pistonbroke's tour de force last night was basically a yearning for "The Good Old Days". He was obviously a happier person 40-50 years ago than he is now, and that is fair enough . I imagine that I am about his age, and 40-50 years ago I could do a lot of things that gave me pleasure that I cannot do now. However I don't blame the EU for this, and he couldn't demonstrate that it is to blame in any way.
(No subject) on 10:29 - Mar 28 with 665 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) on 10:25 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

I dont think *thats* crass stupid and rude no.

Well if you can point out for me what is, you can help me become a better man.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:29 - Mar 28 with 665 viewschicoazul

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:20 - Mar 28 by No9

And according to some analysis done on the N.I. election the mood in the North is to re-unite the Island of Ireland.
How many dictators have opened up war zones on so many fronts and succeeded?

Since Blair surrendered to the IRA Stormont has been moving more and more to Republicanism. Ireland will be united within a generation and probably rightly so.

(No subject) on 10:31 - Mar 28 with 654 viewschicoazul

(No subject) on 10:29 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

Well if you can point out for me what is, you can help me become a better man.

Saying to people who voted either way "you dont know what you want" is crass stupid and rude.
All self improvement needs to come from within brother. You have to want it and change is psychologically hard.

EDIT: sorry it was "You don't have a clue what you want."
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 10:33]

(No subject) on 10:32 - Mar 28 with 652 viewsNo9

(No subject) on 10:15 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

Oi.

Even this who are deeply int the 'leave campaign ' had no idea what is likley to happen.
We are being told lies daily & anyone who challenges them gets insulted and is demeaned.

The basic fact is that the cost in £££'s, just to fund Davis & Fox is going to be painful - but note the wealthy & corporations are getting their taxes lowered -

Leave= the rich mans charter
(No subject) on 10:36 - Mar 28 with 638 viewschicoazul

(No subject) on 10:32 - Mar 28 by No9

Even this who are deeply int the 'leave campaign ' had no idea what is likley to happen.
We are being told lies daily & anyone who challenges them gets insulted and is demeaned.

The basic fact is that the cost in £££'s, just to fund Davis & Fox is going to be painful - but note the wealthy & corporations are getting their taxes lowered -

Leave= the rich mans charter

There seems to me to be no doubt at all that the UK is about to become a tax haven which will in all probability lead to workers rights being eroded. How else are we supposed to compete otherwise?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:52 - Mar 28 with 613 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:36 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

Typical snivelling metropolitan elitist look down your nose drivel. This is what the ruling classes get for ignoring half the country for the last 50 years. Theresa May is an resehole and an idiot but I am loving how she and David Davis are rubbing you Blairites noses in it.

What does this even mean ! Please refer to my earlier responses in your fuller explanation. Thanks.

(No subject) on 10:57 - Mar 28 with 594 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

(No subject) on 10:36 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

There seems to me to be no doubt at all that the UK is about to become a tax haven which will in all probability lead to workers rights being eroded. How else are we supposed to compete otherwise?

It appears that your angle is 'yeah it's all pretty sh1t but what can you do' (if you can't beat them, join them)...is this a fair assessment ?

Edit...you seem to have summed up the joys of globalism for corporatists quite neatly there.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 11:00]

(No subject) on 11:00 - Mar 28 with 586 viewsGlasgowBlue

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:35 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

For a man who doesn't trust polls that's quite a conversion to call out an emotional reaction to one speech as facts.

Don't trust polls? I have consistently defended the polls as being correct within the margin of error (3%).

I have had numerous debates on here regarding the subject.

One again you are confusing me for somebody else.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 11:11]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) on 11:02 - Mar 28 with 582 viewschicoazul

(No subject) on 10:57 - Mar 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

It appears that your angle is 'yeah it's all pretty sh1t but what can you do' (if you can't beat them, join them)...is this a fair assessment ?

Edit...you seem to have summed up the joys of globalism for corporatists quite neatly there.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 11:00]

No.

(No subject) on 11:03 - Mar 28 with 575 viewsNo9

(No subject) on 10:36 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

I agree. The noise created about immigration ignores the fact that there has been considerably more immigration from Non-EU countries and that immigration never really escaleted to alleged unsustainable levels until Mrs May became Home Sec (see ONS & immigration watch). In reality many EU workers here are paid better than than many UK workers simply because they work for EU companies. On the other hand non EU immigrants have been filmed in Leicester working for circa 3 quid an hour. To compete that is where the tories will drive workers.
(No subject) on 11:04 - Mar 28 with 569 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

(No subject) on 11:02 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

No.

Oh ok then it's just that you're a sociopath....congratulations the world is your oyster !

(No subject) on 11:05 - Mar 28 with 568 viewsblueislander

(No subject) on 11:03 - Mar 28 by No9

I agree. The noise created about immigration ignores the fact that there has been considerably more immigration from Non-EU countries and that immigration never really escaleted to alleged unsustainable levels until Mrs May became Home Sec (see ONS & immigration watch). In reality many EU workers here are paid better than than many UK workers simply because they work for EU companies. On the other hand non EU immigrants have been filmed in Leicester working for circa 3 quid an hour. To compete that is where the tories will drive workers.

What does your final sentence mean?
(No subject) on 11:09 - Mar 28 with 563 viewschicoazul

(No subject) on 11:03 - Mar 28 by No9

Anyone interested in workers rights, now is the time to get in touch with your MP and take action.

(No subject) on 11:09 - Mar 28 with 559 viewsNo9

(No subject) on 11:05 - Mar 28 by blueislander

What does your final sentence mean?

Once the EU is a thing of the past the tories will say that to compete in the wider world we must reduce our labour costs.
Our labour costs are already very high due to extremely low productivity (admited by Mr Hammond to be 38% lower than Germany - as an example). Unless the £ drops to circa £0.70 to the Euro then we shall not be competitive unless wage rates are significantly reduced.

Never mind the minimum wage / living wage, many employers are ignoring this and the governemtn does nothing a sure sign as to where we are going
(No subject) on 11:14 - Mar 28 with 537 viewsblueislander

(No subject) on 11:09 - Mar 28 by No9

Once the EU is a thing of the past the tories will say that to compete in the wider world we must reduce our labour costs.
Our labour costs are already very high due to extremely low productivity (admited by Mr Hammond to be 38% lower than Germany - as an example). Unless the £ drops to circa £0.70 to the Euro then we shall not be competitive unless wage rates are significantly reduced.

Never mind the minimum wage / living wage, many employers are ignoring this and the governemtn does nothing a sure sign as to where we are going

Gotcha! If you had put a comma after "To compete" it would have made sense.
(No subject) on 11:15 - Mar 28 with 536 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) on 10:31 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

Saying to people who voted either way "you dont know what you want" is crass stupid and rude.
All self improvement needs to come from within brother. You have to want it and change is psychologically hard.

EDIT: sorry it was "You don't have a clue what you want."
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 10:33]

Ah you seem to be ascribing the words of another to me there, Chico.

But I strive to improve every day, and whilst not relevant on this occasion, all future assistance will be taken in the spirit it is offered.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024