Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"My goal is to build a more united UK" 17:16 - Mar 27 with 8825 viewsDarth_Koont

Baby steps, Theresa. Baby steps.

Let's first see if you can organise a p!ssup in a brewery.

Pronouns: He/Him

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:13 - Mar 27 with 747 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:01 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

And even if you're right that the EU is an institution that bows to free-market pressure, we've had far more of the free-market ideologues in charge who have actually designed the policy - for the UK and the EU.

Exactly we haven't had any meaningful choice politically in at least 40 years.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:18 - Mar 27 with 733 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:12 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

What's that got to do with anything? Assuming you're not trolling your entire argument seems to be that you think things were better in your day, in your day we weren't in the EU and therefore the EU is bad. It's the equivalent of 2+2=5 but if one of the 2s was in fact a number you'd just decided to make up.

It's got a lot to do with it , when I voted I weighed up wether things were better prior or after , how can you come to a conclusion when you have not seen both sides of the coin , when I voted I thought of my grandkids , I thought when was it better , it was better prior to the eu in my opinion , a lot of the younger people voted remain because they have not experienced anything different and were scared of change , the country has been in a downward spiral since the late 70,s early 80,s things had to change
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:20 - Mar 27 with 730 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:02 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Exactly but if I had said that , I would be accused of a typical brexit racist which is not true

This kind of guilt by association was what nearly stopped me from voting....there's definitely a nasty whiff around Brexit but people in the status quo camp that wave this card should accept their share of the blame for allowing this to become the theme rather than seeing there are genuine grievances. Generally when you are told that there are only two choices you should insist on the third !

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:21 - Mar 27 with 726 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:00 - Mar 27 by ThePitBoss

Free movement.

How can you plan for anything when you have no control?

But EU migration has boosted our economy - not to mention benefited millions of our own citizens who have travelled, experienced and even settled in Europe.

Immigration always seems to be the end-point in these poorly argued anti-EU rants. We've also had full control over non-EU migration too. And let them in with no indication that like EU citizens they'll return to their own countries. So again a perceived problem and lack of control over immigration is more our fault than the EUs.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:23 - Mar 27 with 712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cognitive dissonance literally everywhere .....The Emperor has no clothes!!

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:25 - Mar 27 with 702 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:06 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

Literally everything. Are you really not trolling?

Are you really being this condescending ?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:29 - Mar 27 with 686 viewsHerbivore

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:18 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

It's got a lot to do with it , when I voted I weighed up wether things were better prior or after , how can you come to a conclusion when you have not seen both sides of the coin , when I voted I thought of my grandkids , I thought when was it better , it was better prior to the eu in my opinion , a lot of the younger people voted remain because they have not experienced anything different and were scared of change , the country has been in a downward spiral since the late 70,s early 80,s things had to change

Misty-eyed romanticism for things 'being better in my day' is a terrible basis for voting to leave the EU. I'm not sure your grandkids will be thanking you for wanting to take them back in time by over 40 years. They probably like things like the internet and being vaccinated against measles.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:33 - Mar 27 with 670 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:25 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are you really being this condescending ?

To be fair, Piston is arguing like a child.

Actually, that's a bit harsh, children invariably end up with a point that is worth listening to. And they don't bring up immigrants nearly as much.

Login to get fewer ads

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:34 - Mar 27 with 664 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:29 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

Misty-eyed romanticism for things 'being better in my day' is a terrible basis for voting to leave the EU. I'm not sure your grandkids will be thanking you for wanting to take them back in time by over 40 years. They probably like things like the internet and being vaccinated against measles.

If things were better 40 years ago , then why not try and get those times back , like I have stated before on this thread , there is no proof things will get better , likewise there is no proof they won't , but thinking deeper into things , your scared of change , that's obvious the way you stick up for McCarthy , remember the old saying , if things don't change they will stay as they are ,
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:36 - Mar 27 with 659 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:21 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

But EU migration has boosted our economy - not to mention benefited millions of our own citizens who have travelled, experienced and even settled in Europe.

Immigration always seems to be the end-point in these poorly argued anti-EU rants. We've also had full control over non-EU migration too. And let them in with no indication that like EU citizens they'll return to their own countries. So again a perceived problem and lack of control over immigration is more our fault than the EUs.

Free movement has benefitted the economies of people who employ Au pairs, cleaners and gardeners....if you are one of these servants then your economy (ability to pay the rent etc) has been wrecked. That's just a class thing and why the left have been forced to squirm so much....such a shame that Corbyn couldn't be allowed to trust his Lexit core ! And now even more ironic that many that consider themselves politically left find themselves fighting the corner of corporate globalism.....cognitive dissonance!

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:36 - Mar 27 with 656 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:33 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Actually, that's a bit harsh, children invariably end up with a point that is worth listening to. And they don't bring up immigrants nearly as much.

So how often have I brought up immigrants in this thread motor mouth
(No subject) on 22:39 - Mar 27 with 648 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:33 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

He admitted that he might be wrong about a page ago but nobody's seems to have noticed as everybody was too concerned with being right in a non black and white subject.
I don't think he mentioned immigrants for that matter.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 22:40]

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:43 - Mar 27 with 635 viewsClapham_Junction

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:18 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Has our own government's policies not been the main cause of this downwards spiral though?

As an example, we would have something like four million more council houses if council house building had not been killed off in the 1980s and 1990s and instead continued at the same rate as private housebuilding. And this is before we get onto the 1.5 million we have lost to right-to-buy
(No subject) on 22:45 - Mar 27 with 626 viewspistonbroke

(No subject) on 22:39 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

He admitted that he might be wrong about a page ago but nobody's seems to have noticed as everybody was too concerned with being right in a non black and white subject.

It's what the remainders always fall back to as they have no other argument , yes like I said things may not change for the better but then again they might , no one knows but things need to change somehow , and no I did not mention immigrants
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:45 - Mar 27 with 624 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:36 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

So how often have I brought up immigrants in this thread motor mouth

Just the once in emphatic terms.

I thought it was interesting how you admit you didn't have a particular point before that and then you leapt on to immigration as soon as it was put out there.

You can also be anti-immigration if you want to make a case for it. I'm just saying that kids don't - they tend to consider the fate of poor people and the environment to be more pressing issues.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:46 - Mar 27 with 609 viewsHerbivore

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:34 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

If things were better 40 years ago , then why not try and get those times back , like I have stated before on this thread , there is no proof things will get better , likewise there is no proof they won't , but thinking deeper into things , your scared of change , that's obvious the way you stick up for McCarthy , remember the old saying , if things don't change they will stay as they are ,

The man who wants things to be like they were when he was younger accuses me of being scared of change? Hmmmm.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:49 - Mar 27 with 594 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:45 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

I thought it was interesting how you admit you didn't have a particular point before that and then you leapt on to immigration as soon as it was put out there.

You can also be anti-immigration if you want to make a case for it. I'm just saying that kids don't - they tend to consider the fate of poor people and the environment to be more pressing issues.

What like those poor people in the so called developing world now suffering from off shoring all the visibly polluting industries that used to be in Europe.....please !

(No subject) on 22:50 - Mar 27 with 593 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 22:39 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

No, he didn't. He admitted that he didn't have any real evidence for making those links. But somehow "time would tell".

But what new evidence would you have then about a direct effect?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:51 - Mar 27 with 586 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:45 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

I did not leap on it , I said as soon as someone else mentioned it that I did not mention immigration before as I did not want to be accused of being racist , which is what you remainders always fall back on , as for the fate off poor people , that's exactly why I voted leave , less unemployment , less hospital. Waiting lists if you can't afford to go private , smaller classrooms for better education,more social housing for the poor , you know things we had prior eu
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:52 - Mar 27 with 580 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:49 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

What like those poor people in the so called developing world now suffering from off shoring all the visibly polluting industries that used to be in Europe.....please !

Just wait until we step away from the EU legislation that's trying to minimize that. Do you think we'll be tougher? And can we now afford to be?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:52 - Mar 27 with 577 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:46 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

The man who wants things to be like they were when he was younger accuses me of being scared of change? Hmmmm.

Maybe because things were better , but then you would not know would you
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:55 - Mar 27 with 570 viewsHerbivore

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:52 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Maybe because things were better , but then you would not know would you

Things weren't better, you were just younger.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:55 - Mar 27 with 567 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:51 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

I did not leap on it , I said as soon as someone else mentioned it that I did not mention immigration before as I did not want to be accused of being racist , which is what you remainders always fall back on , as for the fate off poor people , that's exactly why I voted leave , less unemployment , less hospital. Waiting lists if you can't afford to go private , smaller classrooms for better education,more social housing for the poor , you know things we had prior eu

So you think that's all down to numbers then? I knew we'd get there in the end.

You'll be bringing up Enoch Powell and his Rivers of Blood speech next.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:56 - Mar 27 with 563 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:55 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

Things weren't better, you were just younger.

Oh they were better ,
(No subject) on 22:57 - Mar 27 with 557 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:52 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Just wait until we step away from the EU legislation that's trying to minimize that. Do you think we'll be tougher? And can we now afford to be?

You don't disagree with my point then....maybe if we have to face the environmental consequences of our lifestyles we will be inclined to make some meaningful change at a political level we can directly influence .

Edit...there is also a difference between arguing about the politics of free movement and being anti immigrant !
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 22:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024