Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the Season... 10:34 - Apr 6 with 3918 viewsitfcjoe

Obviously it is a 2 horse race between Bart and Lawrence, who are you voting for?

Bart for me, Lawrence has done well in fits and starts but Bialkowski has been brilliant consistently all season.

When you hear Mick talk about him it feels like he was about Cressy and Mings before they went - I really hope he is still here next year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Player of the Season... on 10:35 - Apr 6 with 2179 viewshype313

Bart hands down, he has been worth at least 6-9 points for us, without him, we could really be in the mire.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Player of the Season... on 10:37 - Apr 6 with 2168 viewsReuser_is_God

Bart all day long.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Player of the Season... on 10:42 - Apr 6 with 2151 viewsKieran_Knows

Bart, without a shadow of a doubt. As you say, consistently brilliant and single handily kept us in games for draws/wins.

Not only that, but I hate the thought of a loan player winning a player of the year award as well!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Player of the Season... on 10:43 - Apr 6 with 2147 viewsbluewein

Douglas.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Player of the Season... on 10:44 - Apr 6 with 2136 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Player of the Season... on 10:37 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

Bart all day long.

He is our own player and has been a mainstay for the whole season, missing one match.

Whilst Lawrence has been probably the best player when at his best I would feel a little uncomfortable with him winning when there is such a good option to vote for in Bart.

Though if Lawrence had played the way he did in December & January for the full season it would be hard to look anywhere else
Player of the Season... on 10:46 - Apr 6 with 2122 viewsReuser_is_God

Player of the Season... on 10:44 - Apr 6 by King_of_Portman_Rd

He is our own player and has been a mainstay for the whole season, missing one match.

Whilst Lawrence has been probably the best player when at his best I would feel a little uncomfortable with him winning when there is such a good option to vote for in Bart.

Though if Lawrence had played the way he did in December & January for the full season it would be hard to look anywhere else

Agreed.

Evans out

Player of the Season... on 10:46 - Apr 6 with 2122 viewshoppy

Definitely Bart for me, as voted for last Saturday.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Player of the Season... on 10:48 - Apr 6 with 2117 viewsSteve_M

Bart has been consistently good across the season, only one major error that I can recall and not many more lesser ones. That consistency, for me at least, is always the important factor here.

Lawrence's goals have masked that inconsistency to a large extent, even in his good scoring run. He has been very good though and certainly our best player to watch overall.

Young player of the season? Kenlock I think, although I only see the first team play.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Player of the Season... on 10:50 - Apr 6 with 2105 viewsRadlett_blue

I think it should be irrelevant as to whether the player has been on loan & for me, it's Lawrence hands down. We would definitely been relegated without him; if Gerken had been in goal all season it would have been tight.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Player of the Season... on 10:55 - Apr 6 with 2084 viewsSWGF

Bart.

No question. We'd be in the relegation spots if it weren't for him, IMO.

Our player, consistent throughout the entire season and the one player who has often caused "Wow" moments during games. Would be nice if it were our forwards rather than our goalie that was doing it...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Player of the Season... on 10:56 - Apr 6 with 2075 viewsKieran_Knows

Player of the Season... on 10:48 - Apr 6 by Steve_M

Bart has been consistently good across the season, only one major error that I can recall and not many more lesser ones. That consistency, for me at least, is always the important factor here.

Lawrence's goals have masked that inconsistency to a large extent, even in his good scoring run. He has been very good though and certainly our best player to watch overall.

Young player of the season? Kenlock I think, although I only see the first team play.

Agree about Kenlock. Has forced his way in to the side, and looks set to keep his place for the rest of the season given Knudsen's injury. A chance to really nail down a starting spot for next season, whether that's under Mick, or any potential new manager.

Player of the Season... on 10:59 - Apr 6 with 2058 viewsReuser_is_God

Player of the Season... on 10:56 - Apr 6 by Kieran_Knows

Agree about Kenlock. Has forced his way in to the side, and looks set to keep his place for the rest of the season given Knudsen's injury. A chance to really nail down a starting spot for next season, whether that's under Mick, or any potential new manager.

Kenlock also seems way ahead of Emmanuel in his development.

Evans out

Player of the Season... on 10:59 - Apr 6 with 2047 viewsPJH

It probably would have been a 3 horse race if Webster had stayed fit although his form had started to drift a bit.
I cannot say between the other two,still got 6 games to watch.

I know the ITFC voting concludes before the final game but mine doesn't.
Player of the Season... on 11:00 - Apr 6 with 2040 viewsSomethingBlue

Has to be Bart but, like you, I have a suspicion he is off.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Player of the Season... on 11:00 - Apr 6 with 2041 viewsKieran_Knows

Player of the Season... on 10:59 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

It certainly does look that way doesn't it? The only way they're going to get better though is by playing games week in, week out, which Kenlock has done more of than Emmanuel.

Would be good if Emmanuel could get in for the rest of the season, but given how well Spence has turned out to be, that could prove difficult. Good problem to have though.

Player of the Season... on 11:00 - Apr 6 with 2042 viewsRadlett_blue

Player of the Season... on 10:59 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed. Kenlock appears more of a "natural footballer" to me. Bit of a work in progress in terms of decision making & positional play, but that should come with experience (as long as he doesn't have a manager constantly getting him to hoof it).

Player of the Season... on 11:03 - Apr 6 with 2025 viewsGuthrum

Bialkowski.

Lawrence had a good spell in the middle of the season, scored a number of important goals, but our 'keeper has been consistent throughout, probably securing as many points with his saves.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Player of the Season... on 11:06 - Apr 6 with 2002 viewsbraveblue

Bart. Relegated without him. By far our best keeper for a long time. Despite MM not recognising it for months. Another one he got wrong.
Player of the Season... on 11:15 - Apr 6 with 1971 viewsclive_baker

Both have played a huge part this season, you could argue we would be in the sh1t without Lawrence too, he carried us for a long time. That said my vote would go to Bart, it's important we show him the love. Lawrence won't be here next season regardless, I can see someone like Hull taking a punt if they stay up, or maybe one of the teams that get promoted. Good luck to him, he deserves better than bottom half of the Championship.

Bart is the man. He needs a new contract ASAP.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Player of the Season... on 11:20 - Apr 6 with 1949 viewsRadlett_blue

Player of the Season... on 11:15 - Apr 6 by clive_baker

Both have played a huge part this season, you could argue we would be in the sh1t without Lawrence too, he carried us for a long time. That said my vote would go to Bart, it's important we show him the love. Lawrence won't be here next season regardless, I can see someone like Hull taking a punt if they stay up, or maybe one of the teams that get promoted. Good luck to him, he deserves better than bottom half of the Championship.

Bart is the man. He needs a new contract ASAP.

The whole club seems on hold with regard to playing staff until Evans clarifies his intentions. Very worrying.

Player of the Season... on 11:25 - Apr 6 with 1919 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is it a 2 horse race?

Seems a 1 horse race to me.. Bart

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Player of the Season... on 11:28 - Apr 6 with 1906 viewsSwailsey

Bart for me. We would definitely have been in the bottom 3 without both him and Lawrence, but Bart is our player, has been more consistent overall and often has a brilliant beard.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Player of the Season... on 11:32 - Apr 6 with 1891 viewsLankHenners

The board in unanimous harmony.

Has to be Bart. Has to be. I too have a slight fear that he's off and if he did get a move to a PL club you couldn't blame him - he deserves it. Really, really like the bloke, on and off the pitch he comes across brilliantly - he's right up there now among my favourite ever Town players.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Player of the Season... on 11:38 - Apr 6 with 1868 viewsclive_baker

Player of the Season... on 11:20 - Apr 6 by Radlett_blue

The whole club seems on hold with regard to playing staff until Evans clarifies his intentions. Very worrying.

Certainly is worrying. It's a real shame too as we have the core of a decent side, with the right activity this summer.

Personally I wouldn't object to Berra moving on, he's been excellent on the whole for us but if his heart isn't in it then fair enough. Good luck to him and thanks for the memories, we move on. He's not getting any younger and he's not the greatest footballer in fairness. Him playing doesn't lend itself to a less direct style that I want to see us adopt. Douglas and Coke are a given, they'll be off. Bru can join them as far as I'm concerned, I have no time for him at all. I wouldn't lose any sleep over Skuse and Knudsen leaving either. Williams, Diags and Lawrence will return to their parent clubs.

The best signings we could make would be Bart new deal, trigger Chambers extension, 1 year for Taylor and sign up Hews.

Bart, Chambers, Webster, Taylor, Smith, Kenlock, Bishop, Dozzell, Ward, Hews, McGoldrick, Sears, Pitman, Spence, Emmanuel, Nydam, Gerken - starts too feel like a decent, footballing squad, with 2 or 3 loanees of the Williams (when fit) / Lawrence ilk in there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Player of the Season... on 11:51 - Apr 6 with 1829 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Bart all day long for me too.

Will be amazed if a Premier League club does not come in for him this summer. Will be gutted as well as for me he has been my favourite goalkeeper since Wright.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024