Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... 17:49 - May 7 with 5454 viewsitfcjoe

....if we were close to going down, or even went down, or had an owner who was a proper shambles.

This season has been poor, and whilst I think Mick should go, we go again in August.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:41 - May 7 with 3087 viewsHoppersblue10

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:11 - May 7 by Trequartista

it's that sort of attitude that means the owner and manager think everything's alright and the decline will continue until we eventually go down.

"we go again in August". that just means nothing - like magically things will improve with no changes.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 18:11]

Already our pre-season is shaping up to be the same as the last two, things won't change in the summer unless MM goes, if he stays we will stand still while everyone else moves past us, and relegation will be all but guaranteed!

We need a forward thinking manager on board whose philosophy is in-line with those at the academy!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:23 - May 7 with 3053 viewstextbackup

You know full well how it's going to be in August, as we all do. So of course we are fcking pissed off

Have every right to be, we are quietly twiddling thumbs while we get progressively worse and worse.

Being pissed off and angry about it doesn't mean we are over reacting or anything

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:33 - May 7 with 3036 viewsBenters

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:31 - May 7 by Guthrum

7th wasn't a bad finish, our second best in the preceding ten seasons. Only needed a bit of a tweak to improve again.

Instead, we sold a key player without properly replacing him. One hopes they never make that mistake again.

That 'mistake' as you call it should never have happened !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:36 - May 7 with 3032 viewsBenters

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:23 - May 7 by textbackup

You know full well how it's going to be in August, as we all do. So of course we are fcking pissed off

Have every right to be, we are quietly twiddling thumbs while we get progressively worse and worse.

Being pissed off and angry about it doesn't mean we are over reacting or anything

this.

Gentlybentley

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:43 - May 7 with 3026 viewsazuremerlangus

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:55 - May 7 by LankHenners

I'm actually quite looking forward to what the summer will bring. I know Ipswich Town Football Club and 'looking forward to things' has ended in disappointment in recent times but it will be interesting to see how the club manages what needs to be done - i.e. a squad overhaul and busy transfer window.

The development of the younger players is something to look forward to at the very least.

Totally agree.

I think the root of the problem is that MM thinks it is just a blip whilst the paying masses think there is something more fundamentally wrong.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:43 - May 7 with 3029 viewsbluesym

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:23 - May 7 by textbackup

Was about to reply something similar.I cannot believe how many people just dont seem bothered by yet another gutless,awful performance.Doesnt matter that it was last game of the season,its not like todays toothless display was a one off.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:46 - May 7 with 3017 viewsSuperfrans

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:30 - May 7 by tractorboy1978

There are several clubs in much more bother than us from mismanagement and I am glad we have not suffered their misfortunes. However, just because another club is being run worse, it doesn't mean you should not question and challenge what is going on with yours. This is the same in business and most things in life, you can only worry about yourself when it comes down to it.

The club look to have lost 20-25% of their season ticket holders for next season, so they've done something wrong. The mass walkout isn't purely because people are being childish. It's because for whatever reason (and there appear to be a few) fans are not happy with things on and off the pitch.

You should put my post in context with the post I was responding to.

I'm not saying everything is fine and, on balance, I do think it would be best for Mick to go (although more to dilute the toxicity than because he isn't the best man to do what needs doing on a small budget). But it's the constant whining which gets me.

If Mick goes, he will go. The fans have done all they can, by 25% not renewing. It's done. The message has been sent. Those of us who want to make our voices heard in different ways will continue to do so.

If the owner thinks Mick is still the man, there is clearly nothing else we can do about it.

If there is going to be any change it'll happen in the next 3/4 days, before Mick heads off on holidays. If it doesn't happen then, it won't happen. Let's get on with it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:51 - May 7 with 3011 viewshaughleyblue74

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:31 - May 7 by Guthrum

7th wasn't a bad finish, our second best in the preceding ten seasons. Only needed a bit of a tweak to improve again.

Instead, we sold a key player without properly replacing him. One hopes they never make that mistake again.

We all knew they wouldn't replace him, could forgive them in August due to time constraints but in January- had no excuse
Login to get fewer ads

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:57 - May 7 with 3002 viewsitfcjoe

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:37 - May 7 by ITFC_Forever

We'll find out in 12 months.

And as for pointing out other clubs who are in a worse position than us, with all due respect to them, I don't care about them. I want ITFC to be the best they can be and under this owner / manager combination, we're a long way from that.

It's fine to want the best but ultimately we've got an owner who's chucked a good amount of money in and gives managers time; and a manager who has had 1 bad year in 5.

It's not just about other clubs but looking at the bigger picture and taking a step back sometimes. Whilst some fans moan about those on football who say Mick doing a good job because they don't have to watch us need to look at things a bit more honestly.

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:59 - May 7 with 2992 viewsitfcjoe

Even if he's still here next year I don't think it'll be as bad as this one, lessons will have been learned and we can't be as unlucky with injuries again - plus young players all a year more experienced etc.

It won't be great but won't be as awful

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:04 - May 7 with 2971 viewsITFC_Forever

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:57 - May 7 by itfcjoe

It's fine to want the best but ultimately we've got an owner who's chucked a good amount of money in and gives managers time; and a manager who has had 1 bad year in 5.

It's not just about other clubs but looking at the bigger picture and taking a step back sometimes. Whilst some fans moan about those on football who say Mick doing a good job because they don't have to watch us need to look at things a bit more honestly.

ME puts £6m (or whatever the figure is) a year, but unfortunately, it's not enough to compete.
The game has got too rich for him.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:07 - May 7 with 2964 viewsitfcjoe

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:04 - May 7 by ITFC_Forever

ME puts £6m (or whatever the figure is) a year, but unfortunately, it's not enough to compete.
The game has got too rich for him.

Yep, FFP gave him a chance but then turned out (predictably) to be toothless.

It's hard to get too angry and a sensible owner who puts in a decent amount though

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:11 - May 7 with 2944 viewsHoppersblue10

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:43 - May 7 by bluesym

Was about to reply something similar.I cannot believe how many people just dont seem bothered by yet another gutless,awful performance.Doesnt matter that it was last game of the season,its not like todays toothless display was a one off.

Problem is this sort of display is now the norm for MMs Ipswich, too many have come to accept this!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:58 - May 7 with 2901 viewsmikeybloo88

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:59 - May 7 by itfcjoe

Even if he's still here next year I don't think it'll be as bad as this one, lessons will have been learned and we can't be as unlucky with injuries again - plus young players all a year more experienced etc.

It won't be great but won't be as awful

I wouldn't bet on it not being worse than this year....
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 21:04 - May 7 with 2894 viewsPlums

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:11 - May 7 by Hoppersblue10

Problem is this sort of display is now the norm for MMs Ipswich, too many have come to accept this!

The bar is incredibly low

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 21:13 - May 7 with 2882 viewstcblue

Just for me, Mick has lost me and not just because of the football quality and results, both of which he could provide plausible arguments against due to circumstances to some extent.

It's the absolute belligerence, big-headed and pettiness towards the fans which has really made my mind up. I just don't like him as a human being.
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 21:17 - May 7 with 2865 viewsGuthrum

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 19:33 - May 7 by Benters

That 'mistake' as you call it should never have happened !

Well, quite. But it did and must not be repeated (e.g. with Bialkowski, or even Kenlock).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 21:33 - May 7 with 2850 viewsstonojnr

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:58 - May 7 by mikeybloo88

I wouldn't bet on it not being worse than this year....

the biggest issue will be Micks used up all the goodwill the majority of fans had with him just getting through this season, so if the team get off to a lacklustre or indifferent start in August the pressure will be massive and it will be really difficult to turn it around
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 21:41 - May 7 with 2846 viewsjas0999

I completely disagree with you. Our owner is a complete shambles.
on 22:17 - May 7 with 2818 views_

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 23:19 - May 7 with 2774 viewsClausThomsen

on 22:17 - May 7 by _

Have another one!

Worst league position since the battle of hastings - what do you expect?
on 06:30 - May 8 with 2725 views_

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 23:19 - May 7 by ClausThomsen

Have another one!

Worst league position since the battle of hastings - what do you expect?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 06:39 - May 8 with 2721 viewsBenters

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 21:17 - May 7 by Guthrum

Well, quite. But it did and must not be repeated (e.g. with Bialkowski, or even Kenlock).

I reckon Bart will be off.

Gentlybentley

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 07:45 - May 8 with 2680 viewsHerbivore

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 20:11 - May 7 by Hoppersblue10

This sort of display isn't the norm, 3-0 is our heaviest defeat of the season and it's not the norm for us to just not show up at all in the second half the way we did yesterday. Also, who is accepting these performances? I've not seen people suggesting that yesterday's performances was decent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024