Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... 13:31 - May 18 with 17484 viewsitfcjoe

...and countless other examples.

Until the hard left drops this pathetic talk then they are not going to win over the floating voters.

All it does is further put up the shields for those who have or do vote Tory. The Tories want the best for the country but just have a different way of going about achieving that.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 02:20 - May 20 with 2832 viewsRyorry

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:45 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

I don't reply to Gromfart. He never answers direct questions and everything he posts is straight out of a textbook.

Well he's certainly taken umbrage at us, even got the hump over my pint of tea, too funny!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 09:33 - May 20 with 2778 viewsDolly2.0

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:42 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Tories take the view that thriving business creates jobs which benefits everybody. So yes, they do enact more business friendly policies.

Tories also believe that taxation is a means to pay for our services rather than a tool to punish the rich. They therefore set income tax rates generally lower than Labour do (excluding New Labour), in the belief that lower tax rates encourage people to work harder and earn more money without being punished.

Each time the Tories have lowered the top rate of tax, percentage of tax take from the highest earners went up. In 1986-87, the best-paid 1% in the country contributed just 14% of all income tax. Once the top rate fell from 60p to 40p, the proportion paid by the richest 1% cent soared to 21% where it stayed.

Lower taxes lead to higher tax take from the rich. You can't argue against those figures.

But getting back to the poorest in society. When Gordon Brown left office in 2010 you could only earn £6,475 . This year you can earn £11,500 before being taxed. And by 2020 it will be £12,500.

That's interesting stuff, thanks.

I would add however, it's a bit silly to say Labour are using tax to punish the rich. It would be as silly as me saying the Tories use tax to punish the poor.

Labour merely believe the rich should be contributing more than they currently do.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 09:47 - May 20 with 2763 viewsGromheort

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 09:33 - May 20 by Dolly2.0

I would add however, it's a bit silly to say Labour are using tax to punish the rich. It would be as silly as me saying the Tories use tax to punish the poor.

Labour merely believe the rich should be contributing more than they currently do.

And it's consistent with economic rationality as we know the income inequalities in our society is hindering economic growth
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 10:00 - May 20 with 2738 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 09:33 - May 20 by Dolly2.0

But as the figures I quoted in my previous post proved, the rich contribute more when the rate is lower.

It's worth noting that last year the top 1% of earners paid nearly 30% of all taxes raised. To qualify for that top 1 per cent, an individual would have to have an income of £160,000 a year.

In 1997, it was 20% and in 2007, just before the financial crisis hit, the figure was 24.4%.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 10:31 - May 20 with 2734 viewsHerbivore

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 10:00 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

But as the figures I quoted in my previous post proved, the rich contribute more when the rate is lower.

It's worth noting that last year the top 1% of earners paid nearly 30% of all taxes raised. To qualify for that top 1 per cent, an individual would have to have an income of £160,000 a year.

In 1997, it was 20% and in 2007, just before the financial crisis hit, the figure was 24.4%.

One could infer that this is evidence of growing inequality, the rich getting richer whilst the poor get poorer. Just because the share of tax has increased it doesn't mean they are paying enough to meaningfully address the issue of inequality.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 10:32 - May 20 with 2733 viewsGromheort

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 10:00 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Easy to maintain contributions: target both tax evasion and dodging
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 12:11 - May 20 with 2714 viewsWeWereZombies

However, playing percentages, if a higher tax rate feeds back into more and better education, more and better healthcare, over a wider population then the number of rich who contribute increases and the tax take recovers to be far better than it would ever have been under rationing i.e.current Tory policy.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 13:47]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 12:29 - May 20 with 2695 viewsDolly2.0

Up-arrowed by mistake.

See Herbi and Zombie's answers. No need for me to repeat.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:17 - May 20 with 2682 viewsRyorry

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 12:29 - May 20 by Dolly2.0

Up-arrowed by mistake.

See Herbi and Zombie's answers. No need for me to repeat.

Why not - I find GB repeats on me ad infinitum

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:56 - May 20 with 2666 viewsNo9

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:42 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Tories take the view that thriving business creates jobs which benefits everybody. So yes, they do enact more business friendly policies.

Tories also believe that taxation is a means to pay for our services rather than a tool to punish the rich. They therefore set income tax rates generally lower than Labour do (excluding New Labour), in the belief that lower tax rates encourage people to work harder and earn more money without being punished.

Each time the Tories have lowered the top rate of tax, percentage of tax take from the highest earners went up. In 1986-87, the best-paid 1% in the country contributed just 14% of all income tax. Once the top rate fell from 60p to 40p, the proportion paid by the richest 1% cent soared to 21% where it stayed.

Lower taxes lead to higher tax take from the rich. You can't argue against those figures.

But getting back to the poorest in society. When Gordon Brown left office in 2010 you could only earn £6,475 . This year you can earn £11,500 before being taxed. And by 2020 it will be £12,500.

That is pure propaganda
When Thatcher's chancellors lowered the tax rate they also abandoned a lot of tax deductable item which meant most people on the standard rate of tax actually paid more not less.

There is too much smoke & mirrors
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hmrc-tax-richest-high-net-worth-un
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 14:38 - May 20 with 2651 viewsGromheort

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:56 - May 20 by No9

That is pure propaganda
When Thatcher's chancellors lowered the tax rate they also abandoned a lot of tax deductable item which meant most people on the standard rate of tax actually paid more not less.

There is too much smoke & mirrors
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hmrc-tax-richest-high-net-worth-un

They also managed to increase inflation and regressivity via VAT. That took effort, given the perceived purity of monetarism
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 14:55 - May 20 with 2636 viewsNo9

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 14:38 - May 20 by Gromheort

They also managed to increase inflation and regressivity via VAT. That took effort, given the perceived purity of monetarism

As the owner of an SME for more than 40 years I can vouch for the fact the tories are NOT the party for the SME
The tories are for big business and those in the financial sector with plenty of money to chuck around.
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 17:09 - May 20 with 2606 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:49 - May 19 by Clapham_Junction

Whilst the tax threshold may have been increased, the reduction in benefits has seen a huge drop in income for the poorest. Below are graphs showing the effect of the 2010-2015 government on household incomes. Note that the tax reforms actually took money away from the poorest 10% and most benefitted middle earners.

Indeed.

Income tax cuts is a headline giveaway, with analysis actually showing that it isn't the poorest who benefit most. Also, whilst the income tax take has overall risen slightly below inflation under the current government, the NI take has increased substantially offsetting the lower rates of overall increase in income tax.

So we've a headline apparent giveaway of income tax, which isn't really. And this is more than offset by NI increases and, at the lower end of the income scale, by cuts to in work benefits.

But it sounds good when you can say "we've lifted x number of people out of having to pay income tax" as long as you don't mention all the stealthier taxes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 06:43 - May 21 with 2540 viewsNo9

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 17:09 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed.

Income tax cuts is a headline giveaway, with analysis actually showing that it isn't the poorest who benefit most. Also, whilst the income tax take has overall risen slightly below inflation under the current government, the NI take has increased substantially offsetting the lower rates of overall increase in income tax.

So we've a headline apparent giveaway of income tax, which isn't really. And this is more than offset by NI increases and, at the lower end of the income scale, by cuts to in work benefits.

But it sounds good when you can say "we've lifted x number of people out of having to pay income tax" as long as you don't mention all the stealthier taxes.

Anyone in the upper taxbracket has had a double reduction in tax at the top end adn in the lower end threashold.
Thos who are on the standard rate of tax have only had one tax reduction.
I want the tories to eeplain the maths.

You are of course correct on the NI contributions but think also on the way in which the tories are changing the council tax which has a very low upper limit on expensive houses as the tax is based an the 'D Band' so the people with lower value houses will pay mauch more than those with the expensive houses-
Under a troy government it pays to be wealthy
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 06:45 - May 21 with 2540 viewsNo9

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 13:49 - May 19 by lowhouseblue

"tories take the view that thriving business creates jobs which benefits everybody."

it isn't only tories who think that. anyone who wants to see prosperity through a mixed economy thinks that.

you've got to be a serious nutter to be anti-business.

"you've got to be a serious nutter to be anti-business."

Agreed but you surely cannot agree with the way in which the tories have allowed cartels in utilities and energy to hike up prices to unaffordable levels?
& do you really think the increase in rail subsidies, which goes mainly overseas, by 300% since privatisation is acceptable?
These things have actually stifled business in the UK NOT improved it
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 08:56 - May 21 with 2523 viewsgordon

I'm sure you are economically literate enough to know that correlation between two variables isn't evidence of causation. There will be a multitude of interdependent variables affecting the tax contribution different sectors of society make. To 'prove' causation, you'd have to do a little more work I'm afraid!
Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 12:33 - May 21 with 2484 viewsNo9

Nasty Party, Evil, taking pride in f*cking over the poor and needy.... on 08:56 - May 21 by gordon

I'm sure you are economically literate enough to know that correlation between two variables isn't evidence of causation. There will be a multitude of interdependent variables affecting the tax contribution different sectors of society make. To 'prove' causation, you'd have to do a little more work I'm afraid!

I think Damian Green on TV this morning showed what a cluster fk the tory manifesto is & confirmed by David Gauke from the treasury
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024