Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? 22:27 - May 24 with 6064 viewsBluefish

If they have identified all of the dead and all of the injured. I can't see how this is possible.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 07:42 - May 25 with 1426 viewsElderGrizzly

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 00:00 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Stupid, stupid and stupid.

He's talking about you CiL....

It's not an insensitive comment as you said to me. It's a fact. There's no-one else to find.
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 08:18 - May 25 with 1399 viewsSporall

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 00:00 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Stupid, stupid and stupid.

The irony is just brilliant.
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:20 - May 25 with 1332 viewsGuthrum

Not all families have yet released the names of the dead to the press.

And given the short timeframe, those still being reported as "missing" on the often repetitive news feeds have quite likely now been accounted for but the information not yet published.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:31 - May 25 with 1313 viewsSwansea_Blue

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 06:15 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Why on earth rule out that possibility?

Imagine you're a parent of a missing child. She's not among the dead. She's not among the injured? She didn't take refuge with a well-meaning samaritan - or else she would have called home by now.

I can't think of too many other reasons for her disappearance.

Please explain why it's quite clear that it's not an abduction.

EDIT: "I like you CIL but sometimes things are just as they seem. No conspiracy or abduction involved."

So, to account for the missing people, who are not among the dead or injured, you're saying that the non-conspiratorial take on things is to accept that things are just as they seem. Which in this case, is that the missing children have disappeared. Brilliant.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 6:39]

It is of course possible that someone could have been abducted. It happens, although I can't think I've ever heard of it happening off the back of an event like this. I'd suggest it's highly unlikely. And I'd imagine we'd know if that's the case - normally if a young ir is abducted we know within 12, 24 hours.

The easier explanation has already been discussed (awaiting formal identification).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:34 - May 25 with 1307 viewsSuperfrans

One of the problems with identifying children and younger teenagers is that they don't carry ID of any kind - no credit cards, work passes, driving licences. And if they do, they don't carry them on their person, but in bags etc.

Presumably this doesn't help at all...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:37 - May 25 with 1302 viewsSuperfrans

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:31 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

It is of course possible that someone could have been abducted. It happens, although I can't think I've ever heard of it happening off the back of an event like this. I'd suggest it's highly unlikely. And I'd imagine we'd know if that's the case - normally if a young ir is abducted we know within 12, 24 hours.

The easier explanation has already been discussed (awaiting formal identification).

And with formal identification inevitably delayed because of lack of ID on persons.

on 09:40 - May 25 with 1292 views_

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 22:33 - May 24 by caught-in-limbo

It's not possible.

I hope something nasty is not being planned.

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:41 - May 25 with 1292 viewsBluefish

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:34 - May 25 by Superfrans

One of the problems with identifying children and younger teenagers is that they don't carry ID of any kind - no credit cards, work passes, driving licences. And if they do, they don't carry them on their person, but in bags etc.

Presumably this doesn't help at all...

I understand that is difficult but they had said all deceased and injured are identified yet we still have missing people. Even a disorientates person in a strange town would have found help somewhere in a incident like this surely?

The other explanation is that nothing is left of the person but that seems unlikely as well. There is always something left and even if just bones they would know they have an extra person to identify

Login to get fewer ads

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:42 - May 25 with 1290 viewsGunnsAirkick

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 06:15 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Why on earth rule out that possibility?

Imagine you're a parent of a missing child. She's not among the dead. She's not among the injured? She didn't take refuge with a well-meaning samaritan - or else she would have called home by now.

I can't think of too many other reasons for her disappearance.

Please explain why it's quite clear that it's not an abduction.

EDIT: "I like you CIL but sometimes things are just as they seem. No conspiracy or abduction involved."

So, to account for the missing people, who are not among the dead or injured, you're saying that the non-conspiratorial take on things is to accept that things are just as they seem. Which in this case, is that the missing children have disappeared. Brilliant.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 6:39]

You have a child, they have been blown to pieces by some P.O.S., would you want to identify their body? I wouldn't.

Sometimes bad people do bad things, people rightly get irked at your conspiracy theories (because that's exactly what they are) and the quite offensive timing of a lot of them. DNA Tests can take time, they have to be sure before they notify Next of Kin, there is nothing more to it than, give it a bloody rest.
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:46 - May 25 with 1279 viewsGunnsAirkick

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:41 - May 25 by Bluefish

I understand that is difficult but they had said all deceased and injured are identified yet we still have missing people. Even a disorientates person in a strange town would have found help somewhere in a incident like this surely?

The other explanation is that nothing is left of the person but that seems unlikely as well. There is always something left and even if just bones they would know they have an extra person to identify

To die instantly like that you'd assume some severe trauma to a lot of the victims which wouldn't make identification easy or in some cases possible (because of the psychological trauma) for the parents or Next of Kin. I'm sure relatives of those missing have provided items for DNA testing but the authorities have to firstly do the tests and be sure, then inform the family before any information is released.
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:47 - May 25 with 1273 viewsGuthrum

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:41 - May 25 by Bluefish

As I said below, I think it's just got more to do with reports not having caught up with reality yet.

Plus there have already been instances of fake names being circulated on lists of purportedly missing people: http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3631792/six-manchester-attack-pictures-circulating-

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:50 - May 25 with 1262 viewsBluefish

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:47 - May 25 by Guthrum

As I said below, I think it's just got more to do with reports not having caught up with reality yet.

Plus there have already been instances of fake names being circulated on lists of purportedly missing people: http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3631792/six-manchester-attack-pictures-circulating-

The one that sprung to mind was the Scottish girl. They are still interviewing locals on the tv.

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:55 - May 25 with 1258 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 07:42 - May 25 by ElderGrizzly

He's talking about you CiL....

It's not an insensitive comment as you said to me. It's a fact. There's no-one else to find.

There seems to be some confusion here.

The OP asks "How can there still be young girls unaccounted for ... if they have identified all of the dead and all of the injured?"

The second post in the thread says "They said they were 'confident' they've found and identified the dead. "

Another poster asks "They've said 22 with all identified. Surely they'd be making it clear the death toll would rise?"

As far as I'm aware the death toll remains at 22, and any extra deaths will come from the 59 that are injured.

Another poster responds with "They haven't said all have been identified, they have just said that there were x dead. "

My point is: these statements are at odds with one another. How can they say they are confident that all the dead and injured are accounted for and there still be some young girls unaccounted for?

My query is exactly that of the OP.

But you are saying that there's no one else to find.

So how do you explain this?:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40018589

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:56 - May 25 with 1250 viewsGunnsAirkick

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:55 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

The OP asks "How can there still be young girls unaccounted for ... if they have identified all of the dead and all of the injured?"

The second post in the thread says "They said they were 'confident' they've found and identified the dead. "

Another poster asks "They've said 22 with all identified. Surely they'd be making it clear the death toll would rise?"

As far as I'm aware the death toll remains at 22, and any extra deaths will come from the 59 that are injured.

Another poster responds with "They haven't said all have been identified, they have just said that there were x dead. "

My point is: these statements are at odds with one another. How can they say they are confident that all the dead and injured are accounted for and there still be some young girls unaccounted for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40027796
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:56 - May 25 with 1247 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:55 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

sadly
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:57 - May 25 with 1242 viewsGuthrum

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:50 - May 25 by Bluefish

The one that sprung to mind was the Scottish girl. They are still interviewing locals on the tv.

The one from the Hebrides? As of this morning it was reported that she died, (her friend is in hospital badly burned). Not all familes want to give out the info straight away.

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:59 - May 25 with 1240 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:56 - May 25 by GunnsAirkick

Thank you.

That report was from 51 minutes ago - but it now clears up the doubt.

It would appear that any accusations of me being stupid were based on me not being a clairvoyant.

#toxic

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:04 - May 25 with 1219 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:59 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Thank you.

It would appear that any accusations of me being stupid were based on me not being a clairvoyant.

Needless to say, the comment that I first posted (which appears to have upset some people) was based on the information we all had at the time:

That all the dead and injured were accounted for and that at least one girl at that time was missing.

It's not unreasonable to suggest that if someone is missing and not among the dead and injured that they have been abducted - especially as ISIS have a history of abducting people and later beheading them.

#toxic

on 10:08 - May 25 with 1205 views_

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:04 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Needless to say, the comment that I first posted (which appears to have upset some people) was based on the information we all had at the time:

That all the dead and injured were accounted for and that at least one girl at that time was missing.

It's not unreasonable to suggest that if someone is missing and not among the dead and injured that they have been abducted - especially as ISIS have a history of abducting people and later beheading them.

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:18 - May 25 with 1184 viewscaught-in-limbo

on 10:08 - May 25 by _

It is precisely because it's such an awful tragedy that I chose not to articulate exactly the point about her potentially being beheaded.

But as you acknowledge, it's perfectly reasonable for me to imply that the girl may have been abducted given what was known at the time and me not possessing the same psychic powers that other posters apparently possess.

Topic closed.

#toxic

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:24 - May 25 with 1174 viewsGunnsAirkick

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:18 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

It is precisely because it's such an awful tragedy that I chose not to articulate exactly the point about her potentially being beheaded.

But as you acknowledge, it's perfectly reasonable for me to imply that the girl may have been abducted given what was known at the time and me not possessing the same psychic powers that other posters apparently possess.

Topic closed.

I just don't understand why you think abduction would be more plausible considering what has happened? It is a completely illogical thought process.
How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:41 - May 25 with 1142 viewsSuperfrans

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 09:59 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Thank you.

Or the assumption that everything you currently know is all there is to know.

You appear to concede yourself above that you are assuming some kind of conspiracy.
Just as conspiracys do sometimes exist, they often don't. And some of us make the assumption that there isn't a conspiracy, not that there is.

That's all.

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:44 - May 25 with 1138 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:24 - May 25 by GunnsAirkick

I just don't understand why you think abduction would be more plausible considering what has happened? It is a completely illogical thought process.

Excuse me, if she's not one of the dead and not one of the injured but she's missing, why on earth is abduction such an implausible suggestion?

#toxic

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:44 - May 25 with 1135 viewsSuperfrans

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:18 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

Topic closed.

I have to say, it is a very strange mind which makes the leap from:
* it appears not all the missing people have been accounted for (yet).
* perhaps these unaccounted for persons have been abducted.
* perhaps they have then been beheaded.

Very strange indeed.

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:47 - May 25 with 1127 viewscaught-in-limbo

How can there still be young girls unaccounted for? on 10:41 - May 25 by Superfrans

Or the assumption that everything you currently know is all there is to know.

You appear to concede yourself above that you are assuming some kind of conspiracy.
Just as conspiracys do sometimes exist, they often don't. And some of us make the assumption that there isn't a conspiracy, not that there is.

That's all.

Where do I concede that there is a conspiracy?

Is it so unreasonable to suggest that when someone is missing (and being among the dead and injured have been ruled out) that the girl may not have simply just vanished?

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024