Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Home Pre-Season Friendly 12:23 - May 25 with 8736 viewsDublinBlue84

Another Spectacular own goal by the club.

Club advertises home pre-season friendly ticket as part of membership schemes then there is no pre-season friendly at home.

The website at least now says subject to the club holding a friendly at home, but if they were not sure they shouldn't have advertised it at all IMHO, especially since the majority of fans know it has been customary to hold one for many years.

I know they have a get out clause now, but they should make it up to the supporters by offering something in it's place, bearing in mind how bad the relations are between the fans and the club right now.

We just are taken for granted, like we were with Evans 5 point plan which was then ignored.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 12:24]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

on 12:25 - May 25 with 4443 views_

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:30 - May 25 with 4398 viewsDublinBlue84

on 12:25 - May 25 by _

In the grand scheme of things it's not a major problem, however my issue more is that the club do not listen to the fans, they say things which you cannot rely on them to deliver, they make public plans which are not followed, punish long suffering older fans and older students and just seem completely out of touch.

No home friendly is by no means the biggest faux-paux of the club in the last year or so and it should be no surprise that they can't get the little things right if they can't get the big ones, but it's just systematic about why may fans are so disillusioned about the club right now, we will like we don't matter and ME is accountable to nobody and we don't matter.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:31 - May 25 with 4384 viewsTractorWood

on 12:25 - May 25 by _

'But at least the groundsmen will be happy as they've got more time to let the pitch recover after Elton John'. The state of this club.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 12:31]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:41 - May 25 with 4316 viewsjas0999

It's time folk faced reality: the owner of the football club doesn't care a jot. He'll continue to take from us who choose to go to games, but will offer nothing back. It's shameful.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:43 - May 25 with 4306 viewsIllinoisblue

assume it's a money-saving move; presumably a foreign club would want certain expenses paying. Add in stewarding, catering etc for a 4k crowd and we're probably not making money, more likely losing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:50 - May 25 with 4269 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:43 - May 25 by Illinoisblue

assume it's a money-saving move; presumably a foreign club would want certain expenses paying. Add in stewarding, catering etc for a 4k crowd and we're probably not making money, more likely losing.

It's a shame, because if they were to manage to get the right opposition - a more attractive name, whether that be a continental club or a Premier League one, given the number of years now out of the top division, I think they would've sold well, to make it worthwhile. It could've been a good season curtain opener with the right fixture.
I guess the trouble is trying to persuade a club like that to come to us, as it may not benefit them much either as a match, or financially.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:52 - May 25 with 4249 viewsReuser_is_God

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:50 - May 25 by hoppy

It's a shame, because if they were to manage to get the right opposition - a more attractive name, whether that be a continental club or a Premier League one, given the number of years now out of the top division, I think they would've sold well, to make it worthwhile. It could've been a good season curtain opener with the right fixture.
I guess the trouble is trying to persuade a club like that to come to us, as it may not benefit them much either as a match, or financially.

What, someone like Lazio?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:55 - May 25 with 4223 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:52 - May 25 by Reuser_is_God

What, someone like Lazio?

Well, they're currently 4th in Serie A, so would fit the bill in that respect... (not that they tend to take much notice of bills/fees and the like)

Login to get fewer ads

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:02 - May 25 with 4174 viewsTheBlueBarca

Yeah but again that's due to a lack of effort - if someone at the club 6 months ago picked up the phone and called a club like an Arsenal or a Man City and got them down, the kids would turn out and they'd make money and get a game worth playing out of it. I am not talking the reserves either. Even Celtic would be a good one!

But no, laziness. They just do not care.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:19 - May 25 with 4119 viewstextbackup

LOL that place is fcking hopeless

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:32 - May 25 with 4092 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think it's anything to do with that. From what I gather they wanted to get pre-season sorted early rather than dragging on as has been the case in recent years with organising the foreign friendly having been the main hassle. Last year the planned opponents pulled out relatively late, I seem to recall, hence the rather lowly opposition who visited in the end. Think they had a few chats this year but nothing was going to get done quickly, hence opting not to play one.

Ultimately, pre-season is a fitness exercise for the players and think, certainly from a football management point of view, that's all that's really taken into account - what's best in terms of preparation for the season ahead.

While I agree the pre-season friendly against overseas opposition has become a tradition, attendances have been very low in recent years, although the quality of the opposition does come into that, of course.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:33 - May 25 with 4076 viewsPhilTWTD

I've asked re the pre-season friendly ticket offer, might well be that they offer something else instead.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:40 - May 25 with 4015 viewspetieboy2011

We should have organised a home friendly with Fortuna Dusseldorf. Ok so they aren't footballing powerhouses, but im sure with their support we could have made it a great occasion.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:42 - May 25 with 4009 viewsitfcjoe

The team we had over last year must have been cheap, they were awful and I'd like to think I'm pretty clued up on football but had genuinely never heard of them, and can't even remember their name now.

They beat us.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:45 - May 25 with 3986 viewstextbackup

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:42 - May 25 by itfcjoe

The team we had over last year must have been cheap, they were awful and I'd like to think I'm pretty clued up on football but had genuinely never heard of them, and can't even remember their name now.

They beat us.

Yeah but it was only pre season...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:50 - May 25 with 3966 viewsTheBlueBarca

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:42 - May 25 by itfcjoe

They beat us.

This sums it all up perfect!

Must have been the toxic atmosphere!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:26 - May 25 with 3912 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:33 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

I've asked re the pre-season friendly ticket offer, might well be that they offer something else instead.

A free wristband with "What would Clegg do?" On it?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:29 - May 25 with 3905 viewsFreddy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:26 - May 25 by hoppy

A free wristband with "What would Clegg do?" On it?

Maybe more to be announced yet?
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:56 - May 25 with 3866 views26_Paz

Nobody goes to them anyway ...

The Paz Man

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:00 - May 25 with 3859 viewsCaptainObvious

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:29 - May 25 by Freddy

Maybe more to be announced yet?

5p off a cup of bovril if we sell 20,000 season tickets

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:16 - May 25 with 3824 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:00 - May 25 by CaptainObvious

5p off a cup of bovril if we sell 20,000 season tickets

To be redeemable at the 4th round of the EFL Cup if we're at home?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:36 - May 25 with 3766 viewsSwansea_Blue

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:33 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

Unlimited beer for any of our games in the Champions League next season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:37 - May 25 with 3763 viewsLightningboy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:19 - May 25 by textbackup

LOL that place is fcking hopeless

They probably don't want to confirm how bad things will be on the eve of next season with a poor home defeat against a team as poor as us.

This club needs a b1oody good kick up it's 4rse.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:38 - May 25 with 3754 views12th_Man

Our club is a joke

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:41 - May 25 with 3753 viewsPhilTWTD

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:55 - May 25 by hoppy

Well, they're currently 4th in Serie A, so would fit the bill in that respect... (not that they tend to take much notice of bills/fees and the like)

Town decided not to chase the friendly as the legal cost and hassle of doing so would be more than they'd make from the game. Think they might have underestimated that, particularly as the agreement was that they would cover their expenses (I seem to recall they flew straight in and straight back last time), although when I last asked they might not have been doing so well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024