Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players 09:53 - Jun 6 with 8304 viewschicoazul

So does that mean Bru and Pitman have settled up and left?

I think it's amazing that we have told Pitman he can go.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:55 - Jun 6 with 6642 viewsSomethingBlue

Really not sorry to see Pitman go, if he does — he'll be on a good whack and has shown consistently in his career that he can't play 90 minutes at a proper tempo. Very good finisher but it's just not enough, especially in these frugal times.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:55 - Jun 6 with 6634 viewsbraveblue

You are assuming that Milne is correct. Dangerous.
Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:57 - Jun 6 with 6623 viewschicoazul

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:55 - Jun 6 by SomethingBlue

Really not sorry to see Pitman go, if he does — he'll be on a good whack and has shown consistently in his career that he can't play 90 minutes at a proper tempo. Very good finisher but it's just not enough, especially in these frugal times.

Can you see us signing a player as good as him with the record he has with our budget?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:58 - Jun 6 with 6619 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd assumed there contracts are up at the end of the month and they will officially leave then? With them now being away on holiday they are effectively gone already. If that's not the case, I can't see why we'd pay off Pitman. Unless we're freeing up wages for a major new signing, just about to be announced......

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:59 - Jun 6 with 6618 viewsTractorboy24

I looked at this yesterday, it's 19 including Bru & Pitman and not including Spence & Taylor.

What also made me laugh is Milne went against what Mick doesn't like to do and put a figure on squad size (26), so now if we don't make 9 signings (assuming Bru & Pitman go) they've failed.
Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:59 - Jun 6 with 6613 viewschicoazul

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:58 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

I'd assumed there contracts are up at the end of the month and they will officially leave then? With them now being away on holiday they are effectively gone already. If that's not the case, I can't see why we'd pay off Pitman. Unless we're freeing up wages for a major new signing, just about to be announced......

Pitman has a year left, think Bru may have 2.

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:00 - Jun 6 with 6604 viewschicoazul

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:59 - Jun 6 by Tractorboy24

I looked at this yesterday, it's 19 including Bru & Pitman and not including Spence & Taylor.

What also made me laugh is Milne went against what Mick doesn't like to do and put a figure on squad size (26), so now if we don't make 9 signings (assuming Bru & Pitman go) they've failed.

Ah right, thanks.

EDIT; we pretty much always sign about 10 players in each summer window though.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 10:01]

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:00 - Jun 6 with 6598 viewsITFC_Forever

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:55 - Jun 6 by SomethingBlue

He's more a victim of the style we play than anything else.

Mick and the coaching staff would have known the type of player he is - which begs the question of why sign him when if we are not going to accommodate him in the team?

Pitman (along with McG) have massively suffered from our ludicrous decision to sell and not replace Murphy and yet continue to play as if he (Murph) is still there.

And this is another example of while ME isn't helping the situation as he can't / won't invest more, Mick's tactics are equally, if not more, to blame for our demise.
We have / had some good players at the club, but don't get the best out of them.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:04 - Jun 6 with 6560 viewschicoazul

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:00 - Jun 6 by ITFC_Forever

Mick and the coaching staff would have known the type of player he is - which begs the question of why sign him when if we are not going to accommodate him in the team?

Pitman (along with McG) have massively suffered from our ludicrous decision to sell and not replace Murphy and yet continue to play as if he (Murph) is still there.

And this is another example of while ME isn't helping the situation as he can't / won't invest more, Mick's tactics are equally, if not more, to blame for our demise.
We have / had some good players at the club, but don't get the best out of them.

I really think we have 5 or 6 very good footballers at the club (several of whom to be fair have fitness issues). But Mick's job is to keep us up not take us up so he goes safety first every time meaning no Bishop, no Dozzell, only one of the full backs at any one time, etc
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 10:04]

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:11 - Jun 6 with 6524 viewsSomethingBlue

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:57 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

Can you see us signing a player as good as him with the record he has with our budget?

I just don't really think he is that good — and his career bears that out. Would be surprised if we were able to sign someone with pace, power, touch and a similar level of finishing ability but we should be able to get a player with more room for development.

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:23 - Jun 6 with 6494 viewschristiand

Does he really know for sure? He has made a few vague statements recently which have lacked substance.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 10:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:27 - Jun 6 with 6474 viewsDubtractor

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:11 - Jun 6 by SomethingBlue

I just don't really think he is that good — and his career bears that out. Would be surprised if we were able to sign someone with pace, power, touch and a similar level of finishing ability but we should be able to get a player with more room for development.

I'm with you on this. Just don't think he has enough to his game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:28 - Jun 6 with 6468 viewsRadlett_blue

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:11 - Jun 6 by SomethingBlue

He's been a consistent goalscorer at this level. Yes, he looks more effective from the bench than as a starter, but that's partly down to how we play.
If you think you can get a striker with the attributes you list for chicken feed - which is all we will spend - please let me know who he might be.
The idea that Kieffer Moore will be a regular member of our squad next season, after we've probably paid Pitman to leave, is profoundly depressing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:33 - Jun 6 with 6441 viewschicoazul

Think he is more than good enough for our level and to let him go seems mad, as you say he isnt a 90 min player but he is good as a bench option. I dont see us signing anyone as good as him as a replacement, not with our budget. You're not telling me Hugill for instance is as good.

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:37 - Jun 6 with 6425 viewsSomethingBlue

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:33 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

Think he is more than good enough for our level and to let him go seems mad, as you say he isnt a 90 min player but he is good as a bench option. I dont see us signing anyone as good as him as a replacement, not with our budget. You're not telling me Hugill for instance is as good.

I'd rather have Hugill, who has obvious assets the rest of the squad doesn't and would free up space for McGoldrick and Sears, for example, to be more effective. In our circumstances I think Pitman cannot be retained as a bench option — he won't want that either and is a moany sod at the best of times so I think it works for everyone if he continues elsewhere.

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:54 - Jun 6 with 6365 viewsMattinLondon

If that is true then how many of those 19 are anywhere good enough for a promotion push?

To be honest I think that MM has been told to simply keep us up this season regardless of style or players used. Whoever comes after him will be given more of a budget.
Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:56 - Jun 6 with 6356 viewsitfcjoe

I don't see him being a regular in a side better than us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:56 - Jun 6 with 6355 viewschicoazul

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:37 - Jun 6 by SomethingBlue

I'd rather have Hugill, who has obvious assets the rest of the squad doesn't and would free up space for McGoldrick and Sears, for example, to be more effective. In our circumstances I think Pitman cannot be retained as a bench option — he won't want that either and is a moany sod at the best of times so I think it works for everyone if he continues elsewhere.

It's a good point to make that Sears McG and Pitman dont really dovetail but I would like someone AS WELL AS those guys not instead of. And if one has to go then i'd rather Sears than Pitman but Sears is a good little boy who does what he's told and gives Mick no bother.

First person to say the words Kieffer Moore gets blocked btw.

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:57 - Jun 6 with 6346 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:58 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

I've heard we are interested in Oldhams under 18 leading scorer

On loan

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 12:07 - Jun 6 with 6228 viewsSarge

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:57 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

Given that players far worse than him were ahead of him in the pecking order I can't see us trying to sign someone as good as him.
Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 12:10 - Jun 6 with 6214 viewsSwansea_Blue

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 09:59 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

Pitman has a year left, think Bru may have 2.

Oh right, that's a different kettle of chicken then.

When was the last time we paid someone off? Under Jewell it seemed like a weekly event, but we've slowed signing useless has-been mercenaries since then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 12:55 - Jun 6 with 6095 viewsAinsleyBlue

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 12:10 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

Oh right, that's a different kettle of chicken then.

When was the last time we paid someone off? Under Jewell it seemed like a weekly event, but we've slowed signing useless has-been mercenaries since then.

I think Cameron Stewart was the last to be paid off, think he was contracted to the end of the recent season.
Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 13:08 - Jun 6 with 6048 viewstractorboy1978

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:56 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

I don't see him being a regular in a side better than us

I agree but he's got more than his share of important goals from the bench and I'd argue there are few better in the league at poaching a goal against tired defensive minds in the latter stages of games.
Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 5915 viewsSuperfrans

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 13:08 - Jun 6 by tractorboy1978

I agree but he's got more than his share of important goals from the bench and I'd argue there are few better in the league at poaching a goal against tired defensive minds in the latter stages of games.

My impression is that he's been reasonably good for us, but when you look at his stats, that doesn't stack up.

He did ok in his first season - 11 goals in 47 appearances (inc 28 starts).

But the season just gone, when we needed him to step up, he really fell away - 4 goals in 23 appearances last season (14 starts).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 14:40 - Jun 6 with 5834 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Milne said yesterday we currently have 19 players on 10:00 - Jun 6 by ITFC_Forever

Pitman is a good Championship striker. If we played proper football he'd perform better. Plus he's hardly been given much of a chance.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024