Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the relentless negativity from some? 09:52 - Jul 28 with 19757 viewsAxeldalai_lama

I'm not going to suggest we're going to win the league, or that we've had the most amazing signings in history. BUT surely people can see we're attempting to improve areas we were lacking, as well as bringing on youth and at least attempting to knock the ball about a bit. The signings we've made and squad looks pretty good, if not amazing.

I guess I just don't understand why some just chose to see the absoute worst in every little thing we do. What's the point in being a fan if you can't even attempt to see a positive, and there are definite positives if you chose to see them. Even if it only lasts until the end of August, surely this is the time to be slightly positive.

I'm not going for superfan status and saying everyone needs to believe we'll win the league and put on our blue tinted specs, I'm realistic enough to think top ten/ flirting with the play offs would be a good season. But a few saying relegation is likely and we'll do worse than last season just seems bizarre.
Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:27 - Jul 28 with 4159 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:07 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Although I agree with you, the problem was you describing a 1-1 draw at Oakwell as 'absolute scenes'

I don't care who it's against tbh

It was a game I left at 8:15 in the morning for and we scored with the last kick of the game to get a result.

I like how it was called a 'nothing game' in hindsight but some of the games afterwards suddenly were seen as crucial wins.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:34 - Jul 28 with 4142 viewsSuperfrans

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:24 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

You forget that every report that day from fans on here said the same as me in that it was crazy

Not Watford-esque but still scenes.

I actually had people call me 'embarrassing' for celebrating the goal afterwards on here ffs

Ignore it. You're perfectly at liberty to celebrate a result or a goal any way you wish.

I remember a couple of seasons ago getting extremely carried away when Freddie Sears scored at the north stand end. Totally over the top. Totally out of scale with the importance of the goal. But, it was at the end of a pretty stressful day for me and all my feelings came out.

That's what watching football is all about.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:35 - Jul 28 with 4139 viewsMullet

It's just a pissing contest for them isn't it? What dribble flinging stuff can they come up with to better one another each time.

Seemingly goes well beyond ITFC as others have said, the poor sods.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:36 - Jul 28 with 4131 viewsblue_oyster

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:05 - Jul 28 by dirtyboy

Because pessimists are in general non-achievers, not necessarily financially, but as a package, and not much fun to be around? Why be that person?

Hope has been a catalyst for human improvement for thousands of years.

It's the hope that scientists find a cure for cancer (or whatever) that keeps them going, otherwise, why bother? "Oh, what's the point, it's too difficult"

It was hope that led to many discoveries and events, a human trait of persistence in that belief that no matter what odds, no matter how dificult, things can be acheived. ITFC has the odd against it, but I'll still go, hope to see us win and not be too disappointed if we don't.

Non-achievers, eh? Anything to back up that extraordinary statement? As a package? What are you talking about. 'Not fun to be around', is that according to the dippy, nauseous and nearly always wrong optimists?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:39 - Jul 28 with 4123 viewsKieran_Knows

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:27 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't care who it's against tbh

It was a game I left at 8:15 in the morning for and we scored with the last kick of the game to get a result.

I like how it was called a 'nothing game' in hindsight but some of the games afterwards suddenly were seen as crucial wins.

Don't get so wound up Rommy....!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:41 - Jul 28 with 4116 viewsMullet

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:34 - Jul 28 by Superfrans

Ignore it. You're perfectly at liberty to celebrate a result or a goal any way you wish.

I remember a couple of seasons ago getting extremely carried away when Freddie Sears scored at the north stand end. Totally over the top. Totally out of scale with the importance of the goal. But, it was at the end of a pretty stressful day for me and all my feelings came out.

That's what watching football is all about.

At least you didn't do it when Daryl Murphy hits the side netting like I did once.

Think the blokes behind me moved at half time because of it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:42 - Jul 28 with 4114 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:39 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

Don't get so wound up Rommy....!

It hasn't wound me up

I'm only mentioning it as it's the perfect example for this thread

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:43 - Jul 28 with 4107 viewsPJH

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:42 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

It hasn't wound me up

I'm only mentioning it as it's the perfect example for this thread

Indeed.

Balls.

End of.
Login to get fewer ads

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:47 - Jul 28 with 4098 viewsDolly2.0

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:24 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

You forget that every report that day from fans on here said the same as me in that it was crazy

Not Watford-esque but still scenes.

I actually had people call me 'embarrassing' for celebrating the goal afterwards on here ffs

Like I say, I don't think people were calling you embarrassing for celebrating a goal, just the way you described it.

Maybe us oldies have just lost the exuberance of youth!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:48 - Jul 28 with 4089 viewsPJH

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:47 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

Like I say, I don't think people were calling you embarrassing for celebrating a goal, just the way you described it.

Maybe us oldies have just lost the exuberance of youth!

I was pleased when Lawrence scored too and I am 66.

I think you probably needed to have been there.
Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 4075 viewsDolly2.0

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:48 - Jul 28 by PJH

I was pleased when Lawrence scored too and I am 66.

I think you probably needed to have been there.

Haha, we're now talking about a 1-1 draw at Barnsley in a nothing game as a "you probably needed to have been there" moment?!?

Wowsers.

Anyway, we're not talking about being simply "pleased". We're talking about "absolute scenes". If you describe THAT as "absolute scenes", what adjectives do you have for winning the cups, leagues, "Reuser - Premiership" etc?

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:59 - Jul 28 with 4062 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:54 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

Haha, we're now talking about a 1-1 draw at Barnsley in a nothing game as a "you probably needed to have been there" moment?!?

Wowsers.

Anyway, we're not talking about being simply "pleased". We're talking about "absolute scenes". If you describe THAT as "absolute scenes", what adjectives do you have for winning the cups, leagues, "Reuser - Premiership" etc?

My adjectives for those are 'I wasn't there'

But I was at Watford which some have said has been their favourite moment of the last few seasons

Barnsley was the at Watford level. Obviously. And I said that at the time.

I don't know why people cared more about my description of the goal than the goal. Other than negativity is preferred over positivity unfortunately

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:02 - Jul 28 with 4060 viewsTJS

I always try to stay optimistic before the start of each season and this year is no different.
At least if nothing else this should be the last season of MM.
Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:05 - Jul 28 with 4054 viewstextbackup

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 09:55 - Jul 28 by BlueBadger

I reckon it's bit like when Keane was here in that a small number of people have gotten so utterly invested in their viewpoints they see it as being a slight against them personally if something happens to the contrary.

And also, because this is literally the only sh*t they have to worry about in their lives.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 10:28]

And that's a problem? That some people's lives run smoothly and their hobby and passion is their focal point?
If anything serious crops up in my life football would take a back seat, but once it's sorted the football would be back.
If that's ok

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:06 - Jul 28 with 4049 viewsDolly2.0

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:59 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

My adjectives for those are 'I wasn't there'

But I was at Watford which some have said has been their favourite moment of the last few seasons

Barnsley was the at Watford level. Obviously. And I said that at the time.

I don't know why people cared more about my description of the goal than the goal. Other than negativity is preferred over positivity unfortunately

The difference with Watford is they were top of the league and we expected to get stuffed there... and it was a winner.

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:07 - Jul 28 with 4048 viewstextbackup

Two seasons of utter sh*t... that's why

A couple of signings we are yet to see play this pre season aren't going to change everyone's minds

Add to that how awful last season was and the fallout of it

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:21 - Jul 28 with 4021 viewstextbackup

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:02 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I was genuinely stunned last season when my post after barnsley away, whilst it was alcohol fuelled and overly hyper, was met with people genuinely moaning at me and the Town fans that celebrated the goal.

Incredible how negative some of our support is.

You're confused, negative and taking the pi55 are two very different things

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:22 - Jul 28 with 4018 viewsdirtyboy

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:36 - Jul 28 by blue_oyster

Non-achievers, eh? Anything to back up that extraordinary statement? As a package? What are you talking about. 'Not fun to be around', is that according to the dippy, nauseous and nearly always wrong optimists?

I suspect the irony of your post and the loose tone of mine is entirely lost on you.
Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:25 - Jul 28 with 4007 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 10:57 - Jul 28 by braveblue

We have three strikers one of whom will be injured for a good part of the season. With our defensive set up its tough to see how we will score more than last year. Play offs seem way out of reach. Top half maybe. To say relegation is bizarre is ridiculous. It has happened to sides with much stronger credentials.

You have completely missed the point regarding relegation. I didn't say it was bizarre to say relegation. I said it was bizarre of OUR FANS half way through pre season to be contemplating relegation so specifically. We are one of about 12-15 sides in this league that you could make a case for getting relegated, I don't deny it. But for a small but significant chunk of fans to be bringing it up when we have had a half decent pre season and look to have an okay squad is, I repeat, bizarre.
That's my only point. Whats the point of being a fan if you can't even allow yourself the tiniest bit of hope for the season ahead. Be that, as others have said, blooding some youngsters, playing slightly better and possibly getting in the top 10.
Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 4002 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:21 - Jul 28 by textbackup

You're confused, negative and taking the pi55 are two very different things

Someone said that evening 'why would anyone celebrate a draw with Barnsley. Shows how far we've fallen'

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 3991 viewstextbackup

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:27 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Someone said that evening 'why would anyone celebrate a draw with Barnsley. Shows how far we've fallen'

To be fair that is massively spot on tho.

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:34 - Jul 28 with 3985 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:31 - Jul 28 by textbackup

To be fair that is massively spot on tho.

But my point was the 900 of us celebrating a last second equaliser after travelling across England for a game most of us through was meaninglesss wouldn't have beeen 'who cares, it's barnsley'

Anyway, it's in the past.

If we score in two weeks time in the 95th minute to equalise, can I warn you now... it'll be 'scenes' ;)

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:39 - Jul 28 with 3974 viewsBluebell

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:34 - Jul 28 by The_Romford_Blue

But my point was the 900 of us celebrating a last second equaliser after travelling across England for a game most of us through was meaninglesss wouldn't have beeen 'who cares, it's barnsley'

Anyway, it's in the past.

If we score in two weeks time in the 95th minute to equalise, can I warn you now... it'll be 'scenes' ;)

The other 899 of us know what you mean Rommy.

I was there too, as you know, and I celebrated along with everyone else.

Instead of driving home miserable, we drove home in much better moods.

See you there in two weeks time. Hopefully this time we will win.
Why the relentless negativity from some? on 14:47 - Jul 28 with 3945 viewsPJH

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 12:54 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

Wowsers.

I was understating how I felt as being "pleased".
It obviously does not compare with my seeing us winning the League,F A Cup,UEFA Cup,Playoffs or even the win at Watford but when you salvage a point from a game that appeared to be lost (whatever the opposition) with the last kick of the match I see that as a reason to celebrate.
I have frequently said on here that the only thing that matters to me is ITFC getting a result and a draw is better than a defeat.
Why the relentless negativity from some? on 15:49 - Jul 28 with 3931 viewsblue_oyster

Why the relentless negativity from some? on 13:22 - Jul 28 by dirtyboy

I suspect the irony of your post and the loose tone of mine is entirely lost on you.

If your post was entirely sarcastic, then yes I have wholly misunderstood.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024