Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad 08:17 - Aug 10 with 8731 viewsitfcst

Still only 27 as well. A season long loan deal would be an upgrade on Skuse

www.ASSE-kids.fr
Poll: Which bin do cats go in?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:43 - Aug 10 with 2208 viewsGuthrum

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:19 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Why would anyone want to loan in a centre midfielder when we have our own young players Downes, Nydam, and Bishop to come back? To say nothing of the senior pros signed at great cost in the summer.

Spot on.

Expensive, too, unless Newcastle want to pay the majority of his wages.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 9:44]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:45 - Aug 10 with 2202 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:19 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Why would anyone want to loan in a centre midfielder when we have our own young players Downes, Nydam, and Bishop to come back? To say nothing of the senior pros signed at great cost in the summer.

I thought he was a good fit for us when he was here before.

We have some great kids in the squad but he'd be a much needed experienced head to anchor the midfield.

I'd like to see him back in a blue shirt.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:50 - Aug 10 with 2189 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:31 - Aug 10 by BlueNomad

If he hadn't played for us a few years ago this wouldn't even be a thread.

But he did play for us so it's a moot point

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:51 - Aug 10 with 2196 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:35 - Aug 10 by tcblue

Adding on top of what everyone else has said, he's not an upgrade to Skuse IMO.

I know it's the current trend to hate on him but he is amongst the best DMs in the league. If we're not doing well in terms of attacking flair, blaming him for it is as logical as blaming Bart for a poor corner

As well as Skuse has played this year, to say Colback wouldn't be an upgrade is barmy.

There's no way we can afford Colback, but if he miraculously could fit into our wage budget he would be a cracking addition.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 10:09 - Aug 10 with 2175 viewsmuccletonjoe

Great move . And leave our promising academy players out of the team after kickin it for the last 2 games. Let colback stay where he is.
Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 2165 viewsrickw

He's a good player but on far too much money for us to even consider.
Plus I know we're short with all our injuries in midfield but we have Skuse, Huws, Adeyemi, Ward, Hyam, Bishop, Downes and Nydam all available for those 2 or 3 positions soon - it'll be tough enough for the youngsters to get much game time as it is, let alone add a player earning 4 times what anyone else at the club gets as well.....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 2160 viewschicoazul

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:45 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

I thought he was a good fit for us when he was here before.

We have some great kids in the squad but he'd be a much needed experienced head to anchor the midfield.

I'd like to see him back in a blue shirt.

We have Adeyemi Skuse and Huws for the older head role.

EDIT: Colback is good. Probably better than most of our centre midfielders. But it seems the club have decided two things: to bring the young players through and parallel to that new mode of thinking to take up Mick's contract extension at the end of this year, hence signing what for us are expensive new players on 3 year deals. I believe this squad we have now is more or less the squad we will have for the next three years under Mick with the intention of him bringing the young players through and having a crack at the play offs.
And if things arent going well by say, February 2019 then Mick will be moved on.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 10:25]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 2158 viewsvilanovablue

As nice as he'd be centre-mid doesn't seem like where we need to strengthen at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 10:54 - Aug 10 with 2124 viewsBiGDonnie

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:35 - Aug 10 by tcblue

Adding on top of what everyone else has said, he's not an upgrade to Skuse IMO.

I know it's the current trend to hate on him but he is amongst the best DMs in the league. If we're not doing well in terms of attacking flair, blaming him for it is as logical as blaming Bart for a poor corner

Amongst the best dm's in the league. Lol.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 11:06 - Aug 10 with 2115 viewsPinewoodblue

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 10:20 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

We have Adeyemi Skuse and Huws for the older head role.

EDIT: Colback is good. Probably better than most of our centre midfielders. But it seems the club have decided two things: to bring the young players through and parallel to that new mode of thinking to take up Mick's contract extension at the end of this year, hence signing what for us are expensive new players on 3 year deals. I believe this squad we have now is more or less the squad we will have for the next three years under Mick with the intention of him bringing the young players through and having a crack at the play offs.
And if things arent going well by say, February 2019 then Mick will be moved on.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 10:25]

Doubt we would look to move him on with over 12 months to go on his contract. Did you mean Feb 2020?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 11:16 - Aug 10 with 2103 viewsclive_baker

While I think he's a decent player I'll always associate him with that horrible era here.

Pass.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 2088 viewschicoazul

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 11:06 - Aug 10 by Pinewoodblue

Doubt we would look to move him on with over 12 months to go on his contract. Did you mean Feb 2020?

Whoops! Yes haha that's what I meant thanks. I expect them to take up the option at the end of this year and the option is for 2 more years. If it isnt looking likely by that point they will move him on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 01:16 - Aug 20 with 1999 viewsCurrie10

Jack Colback is being left out of the 25 man squad on 09:07 - Aug 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But the clubs are getting that much from TV deals. I'd far rather that money goes into the pockets of the players people actually pay to watch, than the owners of clubs

I don't mind it going into the pockets of the big stars, and providing the government is receiving the tax on the players salaries / loopholes aren't being completely exploited we're getting the £££ back.

No problem with Ronaldo etc on £600,000 p.w. None.

However, ££££ in the game or not, if an agent representing Jack Colback came into my office and demanded X Y Z based on revenue etc I would tell him in no uncertain terms he's more than welcome to try his luck with another club who would cave.

Seriously chairmen, grow a pair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024