Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? 19:28 - Oct 10 with 21256 viewscolchesterchris

Is this the moment where the pro-Brexit wing of the Tory party decide it's time to get rid of Theresa May?

I voted remain, but if we're going down this path then at least have someone who believes in it to lead us there!

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:29 - Oct 10 with 7913 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:37 - Oct 10 with 7892 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why? She may believe that we should have voted to remain but now we have voted to leave she will respect the wishes of the majority and try to secure the best deal that she can. As somebody who voted leave I have no problem with that position whatsoever.

I'd rather she stuck to her principles rather than acted like a born again Brexiteer as Jeremy Hunt has done.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:39 - Oct 10 with 7873 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:37 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Why? She may believe that we should have voted to remain but now we have voted to leave she will respect the wishes of the majority and try to secure the best deal that she can. As somebody who voted leave I have no problem with that position whatsoever.

I'd rather she stuck to her principles rather than acted like a born again Brexiteer as Jeremy Hunt has done.

If she goes, we need Davis or Boris. Anyone else and there'll be a great betrayal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:41 - Oct 10 with 7861 viewsSpruceMoose

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:39 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

If she goes, we need Davis or Boris. Anyone else and there'll be a great betrayal.

What about that 17th century chap?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:41 - Oct 10 with 7863 viewsGuthrum

I doubt it's strong enough. The Shapps stalking horse fell pretty flat and most Tory MPs are too cautious about the risk of bringing down the government. Even the most vehement Brexiteers wouldn't forgive that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:41 - Oct 10 with 7858 viewsblue_oyster

Her heart clearly isn't in it. A remainer through and through, and no amount of pretending is going to convince the Brexiteers. It was interesting to see how her own body tried to stop her lying during her speech at the conference, it was as if truth is a power above us all.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:42 - Oct 10 with 7844 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:41 - Oct 10 by SpruceMoose

He would be great for Brexit but I wouldn't want him as PM with his views on other things.

Truly impaired.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:43 - Oct 10 with 7843 viewsvapour_trail

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:41 - Oct 10 by blue_oyster

Her heart clearly isn't in it. A remainer through and through, and no amount of pretending is going to convince the Brexiteers. It was interesting to see how her own body tried to stop her lying during her speech at the conference, it was as if truth is a power above us all.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:46 - Oct 10 with 7829 viewsGuthrum

Betrayal of what, tho?

The country didn't vote for any particular type of Brexit, only that a bare majority wanted out. And everybody is going along with that now apart from the LibDems, the SNP and a few Labour supporters still under the illusion that Corbyn is on the side of Remain.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 19:47]

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:46 - Oct 10 with 7826 viewsGlasgowBlue

Davis as a caretaker. Boris is a disaster.

Iron Lion Zion

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:47 - Oct 10 with 7815 viewsGlasgowBlue

I don't think Facters is interested in leading the Conservative Party.

Iron Lion Zion

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:47 - Oct 10 with 7815 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:46 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Davis as a caretaker. Boris is a disaster.

We're going to be screwed, i'm convinced.

Truly impaired.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:50 - Oct 10 with 7805 viewsGlasgowBlue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:47 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

We're going to be screwed, i'm convinced.

I don't think so.

I don't see May going before 2019. I think she realises that and she wants a legacy which will come from the race equality survey released today. If she can enact good legislation to make the UK a more racially equal society then she can add that to the Modern Slavery Act , then as fookin awful as her time as PM has been she will have at least achieved two things she can be proud of.

Iron Lion Zion

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:50 - Oct 10 with 7801 viewsGuthrum

Think I'd prefer Oliver Cromwell to most of the current options (Major Generals notwithstanding).

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:52 - Oct 10 with 7792 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:47 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

lol brilliant

Truly impaired.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:55 - Oct 10 with 7776 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:50 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think so.

I don't see May going before 2019. I think she realises that and she wants a legacy which will come from the race equality survey released today. If she can enact good legislation to make the UK a more racially equal society then she can add that to the Modern Slavery Act , then as fookin awful as her time as PM has been she will have at least achieved two things she can be proud of.

Hope so.

Truly impaired.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:57 - Oct 10 with 7768 viewsElderGrizzly

We should have a cross party coalition negotiating this. Simple as that and should be above party politics.

It’s too important for a dick waving contest between Boris, Dave and Nige
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:57 - Oct 10 with 7760 viewscolchesterchris

Her heart isn't in it though is it, she's effectively trapped in a situation that she can't get out of.

She knows her abilities better than anyone else. So if she doesn't have the confidence to deliver a post-EU future that she would vote for, why should anyone else?

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:00 - Oct 10 with 7747 viewsm14_blue

Can you really imagine Boris getting a good deal?

Antagonising the EU is not the way forward.

I can't see any reason at all that the PM needs to be a Brexiteer, just can't see the logic of that argument.
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:01 - Oct 10 with 7732 viewsSpruceMoose

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:47 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

That made me chuckle.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:04 - Oct 10 with 7712 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:00 - Oct 10 by m14_blue

Can you really imagine Boris getting a good deal?

Antagonising the EU is not the way forward.

I can't see any reason at all that the PM needs to be a Brexiteer, just can't see the logic of that argument.

Because if it was someone like Hammond we'd likely end up with a soft Brexit where we might as well have not bothered leaving in the first place.

Truly impaired.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:05 - Oct 10 with 7703 viewsSpruceMoose

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:04 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

Because if it was someone like Hammond we'd likely end up with a soft Brexit where we might as well have not bothered leaving in the first place.

All together now...

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:09 - Oct 10 with 7688 viewsm14_blue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:04 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

Ah ok, see what you mean.

I don't see any way there will be anything less than out of the single market and out of the customs union now though, regardless of who is in charge.

After that, surely anything we can do to make the break as 'soft' as possible is a good thing?
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:17 - Oct 10 with 7662 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:09 - Oct 10 by m14_blue

Ah ok, see what you mean.

I don't see any way there will be anything less than out of the single market and out of the customs union now though, regardless of who is in charge.

After that, surely anything we can do to make the break as 'soft' as possible is a good thing?

Agree. I hope we have a free trade deal, continue to welcome immigrants and work closely with the rest of Europe.

Truly impaired.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:18 - Oct 10 with 7654 viewsSpruceMoose

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:17 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

Agree. I hope we have a free trade deal, continue to welcome immigrants and work closely with the rest of Europe.

I suspect you might end up a little disappointed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024