Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? 19:28 - Oct 10 with 21321 viewscolchesterchris

Is this the moment where the pro-Brexit wing of the Tory party decide it's time to get rid of Theresa May?

I voted remain, but if we're going down this path then at least have someone who believes in it to lead us there!

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:18 - Oct 10 with 5152 viewsm14_blue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:17 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

Agree. I hope we have a free trade deal, continue to welcome immigrants and work closely with the rest of Europe.

Vote J2!
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 21:20 - Oct 10 with 5115 viewseireblue

It is that sort of questioning that is really dumbing down stuff.

I think she gave a decent answer.

I would prefer interviewers to be a bit more intelligent and discuss real stuff.
E.g. How can you decide no deal is better than a bad deal, without being open about the predictive costs of no deal.
When will the government and country be ready for no deal.
What would be the downside to the UK on accepting EU proposals on the table now for EU citizens.

Why bother trying to press any politician on hypotheticals, except to make a story or the interviewer look like they have achieved something.
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 21:22 - Oct 10 with 5110 viewssolemio

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:39 - Oct 10 by J2BLUE

If she goes, we need Davis or Boris. Anyone else and there'll be a great betrayal.

Only Boris needs Boris. He is the last thing the UK needs.
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 21:42 - Oct 10 with 5091 viewsElderGrizzly

The only good thing about this is it upset Nasty Nigel

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 21:55 - Oct 10 with 5061 viewsWeWereZombies

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 20:05 - Oct 10 by SpruceMoose

All together now...

WHHHAAAATT!!! You can't say that - what about the 38.1% of the electorate who gave a majority to leave?

Sorry about the made in Chantry jibe earlier - as a Castle Hill hairy I always felt distinctly uncomfortable about going south of the Ancaster Road bridge - especially if I was on a double decker bus...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 21:59 - Oct 10 with 5057 viewsm14_blue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 21:55 - Oct 10 by WeWereZombies

WHHHAAAATT!!! You can't say that - what about the 38.1% of the electorate who gave a majority to leave?

Sorry about the made in Chantry jibe earlier - as a Castle Hill hairy I always felt distinctly uncomfortable about going south of the Ancaster Road bridge - especially if I was on a double decker bus...

I'm a pretty ardent remoaner but even I don't think the whole 38.1% thing is valid.

More people voted leave than remain (unfortunately) and that's how elections work...
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:02 - Oct 10 with 5049 viewsWeWereZombies

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 21:59 - Oct 10 by m14_blue

I'm a pretty ardent remoaner but even I don't think the whole 38.1% thing is valid.

More people voted leave than remain (unfortunately) and that's how elections work...

Doesn't have to be binding, also it was a referendum rather than an election...Still no clear mandate in my view and subsequent events are proving to make that ever more palpable.

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:05 - Oct 10 with 5044 viewsm14_blue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:02 - Oct 10 by WeWereZombies

Doesn't have to be binding, also it was a referendum rather than an election...Still no clear mandate in my view and subsequent events are proving to make that ever more palpable.

Perhaps there should have been conditions placed and a larger majority required to change the status quo but there wasn't, probably because everyone on the remain side was so complacent.

The goalposts can't be moved now and it would be political suicide for anyone to try.
Login to get fewer ads

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:17 - Oct 10 with 5030 viewsWeWereZombies

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:05 - Oct 10 by m14_blue

Perhaps there should have been conditions placed and a larger majority required to change the status quo but there wasn't, probably because everyone on the remain side was so complacent.

The goalposts can't be moved now and it would be political suicide for anyone to try.

And it isn't political suicide to continue down this blind alley?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:20 - Oct 10 with 5027 viewsm14_blue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:17 - Oct 10 by WeWereZombies

And it isn't political suicide to continue down this blind alley?

Perhaps. I'm sure it's not a position May would have chosen, she seems to be clinging on to the hope that it will somehow work out in the end.

Let's just hope she's right!
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:22 - Oct 10 with 5026 viewsfactual_blue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:41 - Oct 10 by Guthrum

I doubt it's strong enough. The Shapps stalking horse fell pretty flat and most Tory MPs are too cautious about the risk of bringing down the government. Even the most vehement Brexiteers wouldn't forgive that.

Why on earth would any of them want the job at the moment?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:25 - Oct 10 with 5021 viewsWeWereZombies

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:20 - Oct 10 by m14_blue

Perhaps. I'm sure it's not a position May would have chosen, she seems to be clinging on to the hope that it will somehow work out in the end.

Let's just hope she's right!

But she isn't, the position of the Leavers and all those who have gone along with them can be summed up thus:

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:28 - Oct 10 with 5018 viewsStNeotsBlue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:50 - Oct 10 by Guthrum

Think I'd prefer Oliver Cromwell to most of the current options (Major Generals notwithstanding).

Not sure about that, Cromwell was from Huntingdon, so is more than likely to have been a deviant degenerate and quite possibly a smackhead.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 23:09]
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 22:37 - Oct 10 with 4996 viewsthecheek

She had to say that really, she would have looked even more ridiculous if she now came out as a leaver given the way Brexit is panning out
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 07:45 - Oct 11 with 4905 viewsBlueBadger

If she goes, we need Davis or Boris. Anyone else and there'll be a great betrayal.

Those two are even thicker and more incompetent than May.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 07:49 - Oct 11 with 4902 viewsBlueBadger

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:46 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Davis as a caretaker. Boris is a disaster.

Both of them as actual caretakers in a school somewhere in rural Cornwall. They're both awful.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 08:12 - Oct 11 with 4881 viewschicoazul

The "great betrayal" as you call it is coming, friend.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 08:26 - Oct 11 with 4872 viewsbracknell_blue

Brexit is betrayal enough. Led my liars like Boris and Davis who have b*ll*cksed up my kids futures.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 08:32 - Oct 11 with 4864 viewsitfcjoe

I'm very much a Remainer (like Theresa), but she has a job to do so her personal opinion on her isn't overly important as long as she is deemed the best person for the job.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 09:04 - Oct 11 with 4848 viewsHARRY10

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:37 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Why? She may believe that we should have voted to remain but now we have voted to leave she will respect the wishes of the majority and try to secure the best deal that she can. As somebody who voted leave I have no problem with that position whatsoever.

I'd rather she stuck to her principles rather than acted like a born again Brexiteer as Jeremy Hunt has done.

It's not going happen, just as it never was going to happen. Any bleats about referendums should remember it was merely an advisory poll to another PM and another government.

All May is doing is putting the UK into a position where there will have to be an extension, if not ,a simple withdrawal of Article 50. I stated this last winter an events have pretty much borne out my thoughts.

A transition period was unheard of then now it is merely a case of how long. Just as remaining inn the Single Market, the Customs Union are now accepted. With being part of those will require a means of arbitration. And as it will be EU regulation, any trade dispute will still be by the ECJ.

For those who think I'm talking rot, I would refer you to the 'rot' I stated about the election ie a hung Parliament. When all were talking of a 70-100 majority. With a majority in both houses the flawed (no) deal will NEVER be passed. And that is why it is being taken in this direction.

Not too difficult to grasp. And once done the rest pretty much falls into place, and makes sense.
Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 09:09 - Oct 11 with 4844 viewsStokieBlue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 19:50 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think so.

I don't see May going before 2019. I think she realises that and she wants a legacy which will come from the race equality survey released today. If she can enact good legislation to make the UK a more racially equal society then she can add that to the Modern Slavery Act , then as fookin awful as her time as PM has been she will have at least achieved two things she can be proud of.

Will that be a legacy though?

Quite a few people already decided that many of the problems she is now talking about fixing were caused during her tenure as home secretary and that is her legacy in their eyes.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 09:12 - Oct 11 with 4838 viewsStokieBlue

We've been over this, you don't quote results in the way you continue to do. It's incredibly disingenuous and doesn't help the remain case.

I want to remain but quoting numbers based off your own convention doesn't help anyone. People who don't vote aren't counted in the percentages of election results. There are countless good reasons to stay, why not argue those rather than this number?

SB
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 9:14]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 09:34 - Oct 11 with 4816 viewsGlasgowBlue

This Zombie logic is a busted flush. Even remainers like Stokie and N14 are calling you out on it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 09:48 - Oct 11 with 4798 viewsJ2BLUE

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 08:12 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

The "great betrayal" as you call it is coming, friend.

I'm sure it is. It will end up being capitalised like the Great Depression.

Wikipedia will have an entry on the 'Great Betrayal'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 09:48 - Oct 11 with 4796 viewsGlasgowBlue

Final nail in Theresa's premiership? on 09:09 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

Will that be a legacy though?

Quite a few people already decided that many of the problems she is now talking about fixing were caused during her tenure as home secretary and that is her legacy in their eyes.

SB

As Home Secretary she reformed the stop and search powers which hit black men disproportionally. She has two years to make the UK a more equal society. If she does that then her time in office won’t have been an entire waste.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024