Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti McCarthy chants 09:33 - Feb 11 with 6033 viewsblue75

Yesterday there were anti Mick chants some joined in. I’m not going to state who’s right or wrong, but if so many fans support him why did they not make themselves heard?

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:04 - Feb 11 with 5324 viewsblues78itfc

Micks got to go the team are not playing for him now. He talks the same crap each week. The board have no balls.

Poll: what would you like to see in place for next season

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:07 - Feb 11 with 5293 viewsJoeSoap

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:04 - Feb 11 by blues78itfc

Micks got to go the team are not playing for him now. He talks the same crap each week. The board have no balls.

Lack of balls = ineffective training sessions. Situation explained.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:12 - Feb 11 with 5264 viewsmonty_radio

Chanting and singing, aside from "C'mon you Blues" has always been the province of the few, no matter how mighty seems the swell in the heart of SBR or, when I was young enough to do it, the North Stand.

The other stands are not about to break out into "Mick McCarthy, you're football is great", especially given the spectacle actually unfolding before their own eyes Only credible attacking football will up the noise levels.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:15 - Feb 11 with 5249 viewsBloomBlue

Surely but not joining is there way of saying they disagree
Anti McCarthy chants on 10:22 - Feb 11 with 5226 viewsblue75

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:15 - Feb 11 by BloomBlue

Surely but not joining is there way of saying they disagree

But do they were they happy yesterday? When was the last time Mick mer was sung or even his name in a good way? As Mr Robson said Ipswich fans are zombies and need waking up more than ever imho. But hell let’s get excited about winning a goal kick!! I used to wonder why there were fans who got over excited about battling and getting a throw in on the halfway line but I understand now that when it’s that bad you have to find something to get excited about.

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:26 - Feb 11 with 5211 viewstextbackup

even at away games up north where apparently the class of away fan is better, there are never chants pro MM.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:32 - Feb 11 with 5175 viewsblue75

Anti McCarthy chants on 10:26 - Feb 11 by textbackup

even at away games up north where apparently the class of away fan is better, there are never chants pro MM.

I think a lot of fans are feed up but fear change they believe the careful what you wish for messages from other managers and fans. Is there any fan that’s really enjoyed the last 2 seasons I mean really enjoyed it went out brought the dvd sat down and watched it over and over.

This really odd line of reasoning on 10:54 - Feb 11 with 5131 viewsGuthrum

That because some of us are, for whatever reason, not violently opposed to McCarthy (e.g. that he might be the least bad option under the current circumstances) then we must necessarily be delighted with and enjoying everything currently happening at ITFC.

We're not.

Neither are we blind to cr@p football and poor results.

However, some of us don't believe that changing the manager will, on its own, solve all the problems with the club - or even necessarily improve the situation at all. Perhaps we see McCarthy as bailing out the leaky boat more effectively than most would be capable of, albeit at the cost of style and excitement. Perhaps we are concerned that, given his previous managerial choices, we may find ourselves once again in a Jewell sitiation, helpless at the foot of the table, about to go down the hatch maybe never to return. Perhaps we lack faith that some brilliant but unknown young manager is waiting in the wings to transform our style and fortunes without spending any money.

With McCarthy, we know we're very unlikely to go down. With some random (but heavily weighted by lack of funds) throw of the dice, who knows?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 10:56]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Stop being sensible. (n/t) on 10:57 - Feb 11 with 5088 viewsBloots

This really odd line of reasoning on 10:54 - Feb 11 by Guthrum

That because some of us are, for whatever reason, not violently opposed to McCarthy (e.g. that he might be the least bad option under the current circumstances) then we must necessarily be delighted with and enjoying everything currently happening at ITFC.

We're not.

However, some of us don't believe that changing the manager will, on its own, solve all the problems with the club - or even necessarily improve the situation at all. Perhaps we see McCarthy as bailing out the leaky boat more effectively than most would be capable of, albeit at the cost of style and excitement. Perhaps we are concerned that, given his previous managerial choices, we may find ourselves once again in a Jewell sitiation, helpless at the foot of the table, about to go down the hatch maybe never to return. Perhaps we lack faith that some brilliant but unknown young manager is waiting in the wings to transform our style and fortunes without spending any money.

With McCarthy, we know we're very unlikely to go down. With some random (but heavily weighted by lack of funds) throw of the dice, who knows?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

This really odd line of reasoning on 11:02 - Feb 11 with 5067 viewsblue75

We're not.

Jeez your glass isn’t even half empty. Amazes me that so many are willing to accept mediocrity what’s the point of going if that’s the aim? Surely if you can’t believe you can win a league there’s no point in turning up fold all the clubs apart from the top 6 in the prem!!

Anti McCarthy chants on 11:05 - Feb 11 with 5046 viewsSwailsey

I heard some pretty disgusting chants about him yesterday.

Seriously, not good.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This really odd line of reasoning on 11:11 - Feb 11 with 5024 viewsGuthrum

This really odd line of reasoning on 11:02 - Feb 11 by blue75

Jeez your glass isn’t even half empty. Amazes me that so many are willing to accept mediocrity what’s the point of going if that’s the aim? Surely if you can’t believe you can win a league there’s no point in turning up fold all the clubs apart from the top 6 in the prem!!

The mediocrity is overstated. We're not playing down the bottom end of League Two (yet).

Maybe the idea that we can win the division in our present circumstances is a delusion and we'd be far better off riding out the current storm until the environment is better, getting what enjoyment we can. Take a longer-term view - we will still be here long after those currently in charge and on the pitch have gone. In any case, we have recently been in, or come close to, the play-offs.

Why bother going? At least we've won some games and scored a fair number of goals this season. How many people did not enjoy the first few weeks of this season? Plus there's the social aspect, which has always been a large element of attending football.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This really odd line of reasoning on 11:15 - Feb 11 with 5013 viewshappywithapoint

We're not.

Excellent post.
Some of our fans seem to have forgotten the position we were in when Mick arrived at the club.
As you say If these people think things are bad now they certainly could have been a lot worse without Mick.
Anti McCarthy chants on 11:17 - Feb 11 with 5026 viewsSitfcB

What made me laugh is that a large group of people in SBRL sang anti MM songs but then proceeded to applaud the players at FT, so the players appear to be blameless!

MM was just as frustrated as us on the touch line yesterday, and obviously post match, he doesn't deliberately send the players out to play like that.

Can't believe Celina started and we didn't win 6-0!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anti McCarthy chants on 11:24 - Feb 11 with 4972 viewsFtnfwest

Anti McCarthy chants on 11:17 - Feb 11 by SitfcB

What made me laugh is that a large group of people in SBRL sang anti MM songs but then proceeded to applaud the players at FT, so the players appear to be blameless!

MM was just as frustrated as us on the touch line yesterday, and obviously post match, he doesn't deliberately send the players out to play like that.

I thought we were supposed to be getting behind the players for the 90 minutes at least and not criticising?
Anti McCarthy chants on 11:26 - Feb 11 with 4960 viewswitchdoctor

Anti McCarthy chants on 11:05 - Feb 11 by Swailsey

I heard some pretty disgusting chants about him yesterday.

Seriously, not good.

👍
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:36 - Feb 11 with 4822 viewsSwailsey

Anti McCarthy chants on 11:26 - Feb 11 by witchdoctor

👍

?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 13:11]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anti McCarthy chants on 12:39 - Feb 11 with 4826 viewsJ4ck22

Anti McCarthy chants on 11:17 - Feb 11 by SitfcB

Some of them were definitely booing the players as they came over. Pretty sure Knudsen was walking towards us then did a complete 180 when the boos started. Chambers and Spence came over and took it though.
We should be behind everyone.... on 12:46 - Feb 11 with 4789 viewsBloots

Anti McCarthy chants on 11:24 - Feb 11 by Ftnfwest

I thought we were supposed to be getting behind the players for the 90 minutes at least and not criticising?

....during the game.

Particularly if we have the chance of getting something out of it.

But it continues to amaze me that they get so little criticism afterwards.

They were abject yesterday and as Sitters says MM cannot be held to blame for players that are incapable of passing it accurately over 5 yards and continually making bad decisions.

The fact that they can do it one week and not the next is purely down to the fact that they do not have the quality to perform consistently.

They must love the fact that no matter how crap they play, the manager is the only one that gets any grief.

They are on the whole crap, face it.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

We should be behind everyone.... on 12:51 - Feb 11 with 4769 viewsHerbivore

We should be behind everyone.... on 12:46 - Feb 11 by Bloots

....during the game.

They were abject yesterday and as Sitters says MM cannot be held to blame for players that are incapable of passing it accurately over 5 yards and continually making bad decisions.

The fact that they can do it one week and not the next is purely down to the fact that they do not have the quality to perform consistently.

They must love the fact that no matter how crap they play, the manager is the only one that gets any grief.

Mick was going mental at them frequently on the side lines, as you say it's odd that a large chunk of fans seem to think Mick deliberately sent them out to play crap and that he's personally responsible for their failure to be able to control a football and play a simple 5 yard pass. They are professional players but yesterday they looked like a bunch of pub players.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anti McCarthy chants on 12:52 - Feb 11 with 4755 viewsitfcbam

Guthrum - absolute common sence
We should be behind everyone.... on 13:03 - Feb 11 with 4708 viewsjaykay

We should be behind everyone.... on 12:46 - Feb 11 by Bloots

....during the game.

they could be clapping the ball boys
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 13:04]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

This really odd line of reasoning on 13:08 - Feb 11 with 4693 viewsartsbossbeard

We're not.

I can honestly say that this is the most reasoned post I've ever read on this forum.

Well played.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Anti McCarthy chants on 13:12 - Feb 11 with 4677 viewsSwailsey

Anti McCarthy chants on 12:39 - Feb 11 by J4ck22

Some of them were definitely booing the players as they came over. Pretty sure Knudsen was walking towards us then did a complete 180 when the boos started. Chambers and Spence came over and took it though.

Yeah he did!

We should be behind everyone.... on 16:26 - Feb 11 with 4415 viewslongtimefan

We should be behind everyone.... on 13:03 - Feb 11 by jaykay

they could be clapping the ball boys
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 13:04]

No they were rubbish too. Bart had to go to one of the corner flags in the first half to collect the ball at one stage while the ball boys just sat and watched. Though I suppose they could have been asleep
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024